Interpol issues red alert for absconding Norwegian wanted for manslaughter

webfact

1 hour ago, POMRAKSIAM said:

AWESOME! This guy committed a horrible crime and should be brought to justice, and the Red Notice will surely have a strong impact and if not extradited right away he will have to suffer looking over his shoulder and stay in Norway. No more Asian vacations.

How are you sure he committed a horrible crime. Guilty until proven innocent? 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, thaibreaker said:
1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Roger Bullman from Norway

Amitpal Singh Bajaj from the UK

The world's gone mad.

Roger is a common name in Norway, 8.800 people have that name. But you are correct about Bullman. First time I have heard it, and statistics say it is less than 4 people with that name in Norway. That makes his family probably the only one.

And Norwegian women, like most women everywhere else, can marry foreigners and legally take on their spouses family name.

Show me the madness?

2 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

How are you sure he committed a horrible crime. Guilty until proven innocent? 

That is the saying, but if there is a dead guy, and a wife's saying; "in an interview with the UK’s MailOnline, Bajaj’s wife, Bandhna, rejected reports based on police questioning of the Norwegian that her husband had protested about Bullman singing loudly on the balcony. According to her account to the MailOnline, Bullman had been noisy and angry that night and reportedly broke down a wooden partition between the two balconies, charged into their room and started attacking her husband. 

Police said that in the course of the fight, Bullman, a bodyguard from Oslo and also a martial arts expert, allegedly held Bajaj in a chokehold and continued to throw punches at him until Bajaj became unconscious. Bajaj was taken to a local hospital where he was declared dead".

I would think you hold the guy until he gets to court at least, what the judge decides on the evidence there and then, then you either release him on bail, confiscating his passport, or hold him till the next court case, this is generally what we do back home MadMuhammed, until proven innocent yes, but depending on the crime, and this was a bad crime, given his background in martial arts, he is a deadly weapon and should be contained as I mentioned above IMO.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Police have come under criticism from sources close to the victim’s family for releasing Bullman a few hours after the alleged crime on a bail guarantee of Bt200,000, despite the suspect being a flight risk.

Questionable considering the death of someone?

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

That is the saying, but if there is a dead guy, and a wife's saying; "in an interview with the UK’s MailOnline, Bajaj’s wife, Bandhna, rejected reports based on police questioning of the Norwegian that her husband had protested about Bullman singing loudly on the balcony. According to her account to the MailOnline, Bullman had been noisy and angry that night and reportedly broke down a wooden partition between the two balconies, charged into their room and started attacking her husband. 

Police said that in the course of the fight, Bullman, a bodyguard from Oslo and also a martial arts expert, allegedly held Bajaj in a chokehold and continued to throw punches at him until Bajaj became unconscious. Bajaj was taken to a local hospital where he was declared dead".

I would think you hold the guy until he gets to court at least, what the judge decides on the evidence there and then, then you either release him on bail, confiscating his passport, or hold him till the next court case, this is generally what we do back home MadMuhammed, until proven innocent yes, but depending on the crime, and this was a bad crime, given his background in martial arts, he is a deadly weapon and should be contained as I mentioned above IMO.

While I admit I haven’t followed this closely I do remember the victim had a weapon and the alleged perpetrator received a stab wound? 

I agree it would have been a smart idea to hold the Norwegian if it was a clear cut case of murder but I see many people released on bail for manslaughter, which in this case is a very real possibility from what I can gather. 

1 minute ago, MadMuhammad said:

While I admit I haven’t followed this closely I do remember the victim had a weapon and the alleged perpetrator received a stab wound? 

I agree it would have been a smart idea to hold the Norwegian if it was a clear cut case of murder but I see many people released on bail for manslaughter, which in this case is a very real possibility from what I can gather. 

I only read the above, no mention of stab wound etc etc, that said, if the Norwegian was in the other guys apartment, and the Norwegian was staying in the room next door, one would have to say that the Norwegian entered the apartment irregardless of how he got access, although it did say he smashed down a timber partition on the balcony dividing the two, (which wouldn't help his cause), and should have been detained till going to court, while evidence presented to the judge.

IMO the cops failed to detain him for whatever reason, that said, I wonder if they took his passport while on bail, probably not, which would mean, money changed hands so he could escape.

Probably a question too little too late, but I ask it anyways. How is it that a foreigner implicated in an incident/assault occasioning death did not have his passport withheld by police?

yeah I know I hear the responses now ... this is Thailand buddy what naive and or stupid question to ask!

12 minutes ago, Stoker58 said:

Since a British citizen is now dead, and his killer was allowed to walk free by the Thai police, I wonder if the British embassy has any comment to make on this.

Perhaps some mild criticism of the police would be in order?

You are JOKING if you think that the British Embassy in BKK cares a jot about any UK citizen...to busy selling off real estate

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

They can keep the I'.

Nothing more to think about, they don't give a fig what two foreigners do to each other.

I would have said 'what one foreigner does to another'.  Two foreigners is of course better; two brown envelopes I'd guess.

20 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Probably a question too little too late, but I ask it anyways. How is it that a foreigner implicated in an incident/assault occasioning death did not have his passport withheld by police?

yeah I know I hear the responses now ... this is Thailand buddy what naive and or stupid question to ask!

No, my response is I thought they did, and still believe the police has his passport. 

But no one here knows what the real fact is about that.

18 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Horse, bolted. There's no excuse whatsoever for granting bail in such a scenario. A foreigner accused of such a severe crime very obviously always has to be considered a flight risk.

Not only a flight risk but also a danger to the public.

i wonder if they let him keep his passport.

Umm.  Didn't the Keystone Kops say, when asked why he was let out on bail, that they were in contact with him, knew where he was, and could pick him up at any time.  So much for that.  Would he have been out on bail had it been a Thai he killed?  And a measly 200,000 Baht bail?   Total farce from the get-go.

Didn't I read that when he didn't show up for his court case a senior police officer said "Not to worry, we know where he is. He will not flee the country." Did I imagine this? I think not. Perhaps the officer in question could confirm or deny. Was that a cow jumping over the moon I just saw.????  Sorry. I didn't read all the postings. This has been covered before.

2 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Didn't I read that when he didn't show up for his court case a senior police officer said "Not to worry, we know where he is. He will not flee the country." Did I imagine this? I think not. Perhaps the officer in question could confirm or deny. Was that a cow jumping over the moon I just saw.????  

Yes they did.

I'm sure the RTP also said they had been in contact with him and he was going to surrender himself to them.

3 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Yes they did.

I'm sure the RTP also said they had been in contact with him and he was going to surrender himself to them.

You are correct, only a lot of tea money would have secured bail. I hope karma catches up with him soon... a life for a life... is justice for the family who have suffered much 

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

If your a good looking girl/model with 2 pages missing from your passport, straight to jail, but if you kill someone with your bare hands and have 200,000 baht to bail yourself out, your as free as a bird, hypocrisy at it best. 

Yep. But Immigration Police are different lot from the Phuket police.

You didn't have to be a genius to recognize this very violent killer was a flight risk. But hey, he got bail and then didn't turn up at court. Surprise!

IIRC the court issued arrest warrants for his two failures to turn up; neither of which the police served. But they did say they had his passport so he couldn't do a runner!

Keystone.

12 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Yes they did.

Yep. That's why they didn't bother to serve the arrest warrant issued by the court.

And now he's long gone.

Archived