Interpol issues red alert for absconding Norwegian wanted for manslaughter

webfact

7 hours ago, madmitch said:

So much for the biometric Immigration system and TM30/TM28 reporting!

Immigration, as well as Karon police, should be losing face over this.

New modern biometrics are useless when faced with old brown envelopes.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

If he reaches Norway he will not be extradited. 

They don’t extradite to countries with death penalty. 

Right and maybe he can get a fair trail without any corrupted judge and jury .

We have yet to hear Mr. Bullman's statement, he was stabbed in the shoulder prior to the choke grip if I remember right.

My impression of Indian businessmen are mixed, mostly they are provocative, rude, intrusive and not afraid to insult strangers.

I'm talking about the tailor shop Indians in Phuket, Pattaya, Bangkok, Singapore and Hong-Kong.

Anybody who have been approach by an Indian salesman on the sidewalk or shoppingsenter can confirm this.

37 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

I’m not here to make assumptions on what did and didn’t happen, I’m merely stating the fact that the victim having a weapon aggravates the situation. 

To reply to your imaginary situation informing the police that you would kill an intruder next time would immediately have you charged with murder. 

I don’t know about Thai law or what country you’re from but I’d be confident to say reasonable and proportionate force plays are part in any self defence here or anywhere in the world. Pre-planned violence and that above and beyond what is immediately required to subdue an assailant would immediately have you defending yourself in a court of law.

I genuinely hope you’re never put in the situation you described as you will be spending some time in prison if you don’t know how to give a believable and concise statement to the police 

Ive already been there and done that. Well straight up told the police what i will do if something happens again. And yes it was a very violent action inwas admiting. And i told them too that if you dont like it then do your jobs so i dont have to be in a situation where i need to take such extreme actions to secure my personal safety. 

Why such a stink? 

Get your own people back, lock 'em up and process them through your courts FIRST. Some really sweet cookies spring to mind murdering police officers on duty or driving without license many years ago, get a suspended jail sentence and some hours of community work and NOT giving a hoot. 

The Norwegian must face the music, no about about that but MIND-BOGGLING is, that the red alert is out (actually quite slow in my opinion) while many other gangsters, thieves and highway robbers with Thai citizenship roam the planet as being on a lifelong holiday! 

9 hours ago, Bentley333 said:

Given the gravity of the offence I am sure a few brown envelopes passed hands to secure his freedom.

The man clearly has a propensity for violence and poses a significant risk to the public.

The Phuket police claim they kept his passport so how has he managed to do a runner?  If he's hiding out in Cambodia, or Vietnam as another poster suggested, how did he get there without a passport?  Someone must have helped him and no doubt money was involved.

7 minutes ago, IslandLover said:

The Phuket police claim they kept his passport so how has he managed to do a runner?  If he's hiding out in Cambodia, or Vietnam as another poster suggested, how did he get there without a passport?  Someone must have helped him and no doubt money was involved.

Maybe a boat is missing somewhere?

https://www.thephuketnews.com/aussie-jumps-bail-for-assaulting-female-cabin-crew-steals-phuket-yacht-to-sail-home-68418.php#8t5OMO7ZhxsJSvAs.97

10 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

With money and connections it's easy to do a runner, I guess he is either in Laos, Cambodia or Burma. 

Difficult to get on a plane without passport.

8 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

While I admit I haven’t followed this closely I do remember the victim had a weapon and the alleged perpetrator received a stab wound? 

I agree it would have been a smart idea to hold the Norwegian if it was a clear cut case of murder but I see many people released on bail for manslaughter, which in this case is a very real possibility from what I can gather. 

The victim tried to defend himself with a "butter knife" grabbed from inside his hotel room, which actually bent in half while the brute was choking him from behind! Hardly a vicious stab wound with a deadly weapon.  The Phuket police have now admitted this after examining forensic evidence, despite the perpetrator telling them he was attacked first.  

Just stating facts.

6 hours ago, friend of siam said:

the norwegian said it was self defense because the british indian man attacked him w. a. knife ..

u need a court decision before jumping to solutions / a la horrible crime ? / ..

now as he jumped bail this is not looking good...the saga to be continued..as always in thailand there is much more to the story than the part that meets the public eye. 

The truth of the matter is the Norwegian man attacked first and the British victim tried to defend himself with a "butter knife" grabbed from inside his hotel room.  The Phuket police have now admitted this after examining forensic evidence.  The Norwegian man was hardly wounded as the knife bent in half due to its flimsy construction.  He held the victim from behind in a choke hold and the victim tried to defend himself.

1 hour ago, IslandLover said:

You think ???? .... friend with a boat. No end of ways to cross out of Thailand.

3 hours ago, smudger1951 said:

I do wonder what are the conditions of bail ? Do you have to report everyday and Passport withheld. Anyway, how did he get out quite probably in a neighbouring country.

He was photographed by the British press lounging around in a hotel pool while "on bail".  He appeared not to have a care in the world.  As soon as those reports were published, he did a runner, after ignoring a Court Summons to present himself to the authorities.

Lots of details here:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7486243/Interpol-launches-hunt-Norwegian-bodybuilder-choked-British-father-death-Thailand.html

The article says he escaped over the border to Cambodia at some time after 31 August, which was the last time his credit card was used in Phuket, and then on to Vietnam.  He visited the Norwegian Embassy in Hanoi last Friday to report that he had lost his passport and applied for a replacement.

"Thai police have contacted the embassy warning that Bullman is a fugitive wanted for manslaughter. 

Interpol has been brought in to help co-ordinate the hunt and to work with both Vietnamese and Thai police.

An investigation is underway in Phuket to establish how Bullman escaped and what help he received."

Let's hope he is caught.

It seems the Daily Mail is partly responsible for him doing a runner, after they published photos of him lounging around in a swimming pool while on bail. 

"Bullman absconded less than a day after MailOnline tracked him down to a beachside guest house at Karon, Phuket.

The 'crazed' killer told MailOnline that he was frightened of the potential long prison sentence he was facing."

If he did, by stroke of luck, manage to reach Norwegian soil, then he's safe... but only within Norway's borders. He can forget about travelling. Immigration systems of most if not all countries are now connected to the Interpol database of fugitives and flagged passports. Norway will indeed not extradite it's own nationals to another country but other countries extraditing to Thailand is a totally different story.

To enjoy freedom, he would have to live the remainder of his life in Norway which would be a convenient form of imprisonment.

He is probably wanted in Norway as well, so I doubt he will return voluntarily.

Probably hiding in Vietnam or Cambo, but he can't escape the border controls now unless he can get hold of a fake passport. 

21 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Allowed out on bail having murdered someone while a young woman is locked up for having two pages missing from her passport. Money talks.

Only in Thailand!

He is accused of manslaughter ... not of murder.

1 hour ago, Enki said:

He is accused of manslaughter ... not of murder.

i did not mention what he is accused of.

I said he murdered someone.

He attacked and killed someone with an act of violence while drunk. He's hardly going to admit he did it intentionally because doing so would be admitting murder in most folks' eyes. In spite of what lawyers and liberals might claim.

All he has to do now is say he did not mean to kill the victim. Then in some peoples' opinion the authorities have to prove he did intend to in order to class it as murder.

A very difficult task to accomplish even for a high paid lawyer.

Going by recent cases in which a tourist kills another tourist the Thai authorities don't seem to want to get involved. In Pattaya the American who beat an Aussie to death in Soi 6 and the Swede who fatally stabbed a New Zealander in Soi Diana were both released on bail.

16 hours ago, bander said:

We have yet to hear Mr. Bullman's statement, he was stabbed in the shoulder prior to the choke grip if I remember right.

My impression of Indian businessmen are mixed, mostly they are provocative, rude, intrusive and not afraid to insult strangers.

I'm talking about the tailor shop Indians in Phuket, Pattaya, Bangkok, Singapore and Hong-Kong.

Anybody who have been approach by an Indian salesman on the sidewalk or shoppingsenter can confirm this.

You do not have to be Indian to get provocative or rude when a loud drunk in the next hotel room is keeping you awake at 4 o'clock in the morning.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:38 AM, bander said:

He was stabbed on the shoulder during the choke grip.  The Phuket police have confirmed this.

As to your comments about Indian businessmen ………….. :saai:

21 hours ago, IslandLover said:

He was stabbed on the shoulder during the choke grip.  The Phuket police have confirmed this.

We will never know what happened unless there are neutral witnesses. Otherwise all opinions belong in a dumber than dumb movie script. 

On 9/20/2019 at 8:40 AM, elektrified said:

There is no record of him in the database...

Yep I checked,...

Yoovidhaya Vorayuth Thailand wanted by Thailand

There are no results for your search. Please select different criteria.

On 9/21/2019 at 5:38 PM, IslandLover said:

Really does not matter if stabbed (by a butter knife) before, during or after being choked, guy breaks down your door to get into your hotel room, perfectly acceptable to stab him, guy breaks down door to your hotel room, drunk, naked/half naked, when you family is also in the room, perfectly acceptable to cut his balls off and then stab him.

All you defenders keep missing the bit where whole altercation happened in the victims hotel room, Bullman had no good reason to be there, end of.

Archived