Interpol issues red alert for absconding Norwegian wanted for manslaughter

webfact

10 hours ago, off road pat said:

Yep I checked,...

Yoovidhaya Vorayuth Thailand wanted by Thailand

There are no results for your search. Please select different criteria.

Out of some 60,000 active red notices only about 7000 are public, thus on website

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/20/2019 at 8:49 AM, Totoandlilly said:

Death penalty is very rarely used in Thailand, probably 1-2 persons have been executed since 2009. Most foreigners done a crime would never sit 7-8 years in prison and then be sent back to their home country and do their time there.

Numbers executed in 2018

Americas (1 country???? United States (25) Asia-Pacific (14 countries???? Afghanistan (3), China (unknown number), Iran (253+), Iraq (52+), Japan (15), North Korea (?), Pakistan (14+), Saudi Arabia (149+), Singapore (13), Syria (unknown number), Taiwan (1), Thailand (1), Vietnam (85), Yemen (4+)

The Saudi figure should read "monthly"

On 9/20/2019 at 9:33 AM, Stoker58 said:

Since a British citizen is now dead, and his killer was allowed to walk free by the Thai police, I wonder if the British embassy has any comment to make on this.

Perhaps some mild criticism of the police would be in order?

???????????????????? you are joking i believe.

On 9/20/2019 at 12:20 PM, friend of siam said:

the norwegian said it was self defense because the british indian man attacked him w. a. knife ..

u need a court decision before jumping to solutions / a la horrible crime ? / ..

now as he jumped bail this is not looking good...the saga to be continued..as always in thailand there is much more to the story than the part that meets the public eye. 

If some unknown person broke into my room and a knife was handy, i would grab it for self protection. So could this be 'self protection' on behalf of the Norweigan ?

Archived