Has anyone visited the Savannakhet consulate recently for tourist visa?

Has anyone visited the Savannakhet counsulate (or knows anyone who has) for a tourist visa.

I'm just wondering if they've started to relax the rules a bit after becoming a hundred times stricter over the last few months.

I've heard a few people say it's getting better.

Cheers

A month ago, I had no problems. But I prepared all extra info like flight tickets, bank acc statement (added an extra zero to my balance lol), hotel reservations and so on.
I was worried that they wouldn’t issue me another tourist visa in my fresh passport, but they did no questions asked.
On the other hand, my South African friend, prepared all docs as well, buuuut he had quite w few exemptions in his passport, so the consulate interviewed him and edited his tourist visa sticker to transit.

So if you don’t have a history of long stay on exemptions, or if you hold a new passport, you’ll be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

Two weeks ago was there. They were turning people away left and right, including me... Without any transit visa option (this was at the initial screening phase.) I had only 1 tourist visa (but 4 prior visa exempt land entries and one air entry). The "agency" across the road said only allowing 1 tourist now, but could be random... IDK.

Edited by happysanook