Myanmar man killed by bus at zebra crossing

webfact

3 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I still see a lot of tourists using Zebra crossing in Chiang Mai like it is safe for them to walk slowly.

and taping a GoPro to the side of their heads, to prove they were in the Right, at their autopsy inquest...

11 hours ago, happy chappie said:

I could bet that the men who painted the zebra crossing on the road don't eve not know what they are for let alone most of the population.

i asked my mrs what's the difference between a continuous white line in the middle of the road and striped lines.she said its to save paint.good answer but not quite right my love.

Double white line means they were supplied with too many tins of paint that day??????

????

On 9/20/2019 at 9:11 AM, rkidlad said:

Very sad. The thought of allowing people to cross safely here is such a foreign concept to so many drivers here. It's one of the first things I tell friends and family who visit me here; cars won't stop at zebra crossings. 

Nor do motorcyclist. I would like to see a barrier come down each side of the road .

• 2 weeks later...

Certain towns in France have plain clothes police near zebra crossings who report the cars that do not let pedestrians cross. The rogue drivers are pulled over a bit ahed by other officers in Uniform and fined € 135,-- and can loose points on their driving licence, This is one very efficient way to discipline and educate drivers.

Archived