U.S. drone strike kills 30 pine nut farm workers in Afghanistan

webfact

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sujo said:

Must be. Im always hearing about pine nut pickers sitting around their tents after a day in the field on their iphone x dancing to the latest news updates from US.

I, for one, think the world would be a safer place without pine nut harvesters. And if that means going without pine nuts, that's a sacrifice I'm prepared to make. 

6 hours ago, usviphotography said:

You may be shocked to hear this, but there are Leftist (Neocon) and Globalists firmly entrenched in both political parties in the USA. Indeed, Trump's victory in the 2016 GOP Primary was essentially a repudiation by the voters of the Neocon leadership of the GOPe. As for Trump himself, it is no secret that he has been unable thus far to wrest control of American Foreign Policy from the Neocons that have run the show at the State Dept, Intelligence Communities, and Military for the past two decades. I wish he were more competent in that regard, but at least the man is trying. That sets him apart from every other President we have had and unless Tulsi Gabbard miraculously wins the Democratic Nomination, it means he will once again be the only Peace Candidate running for the Presidency in 2020. 

Trump seems to be fine with mass killings all over America. But if he keeps us out of war with Canada I will feel much better. (Sarcasm folks; settle down.) 

33 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

They were resting suspiciously

When they investigate they will report that everyone there hates them, which proves they did indeed target the enemy. Now they can send in more drones to finish the job.

4 hours ago, lust said:

The taliban have killed thousands of civilians. Where’s the outrage from their own citizens? Good luck getting the taliban to write you a check.

Good point. The Afghans know better than to complain to the Taliban, or they'll find themselves and their family members stoned, shot and/or beheaded and dumped in a ditch somewhere to be buried.

The U.S., in comparison, is a soft touch, despite the occasional drone misfires.

The main difference between the two actors above is the following:

--When the Taliban kills peaceful Afghans (their own people), they're doing it intentionally and systematically.

--When the U.S. kills peaceful Afghans (their allies), they're doing it by accident and unintentionally.

War is never clean and perfect where the innocent always escape unscathed.

7 hours ago, usviphotography said:

You may be shocked to hear this, but there are Leftist (Neocon) and Globalists firmly entrenched in both political parties in the USA. Indeed, Trump's victory in the 2016 GOP Primary was essentially a repudiation by the voters of the Neocon leadership of the GOPe. As for Trump himself, it is no secret that he has been unable thus far to wrest control of American Foreign Policy from the Neocons that have run the show at the State Dept, Intelligence Communities, and Military for the past two decades. I wish he were more competent in that regard, but at least the man is trying. That sets him apart from every other President we have had and unless Tulsi Gabbard miraculously wins the Democratic Nomination, it means he will once again be the only Peace Candidate running for the Presidency in 2020. 

He cannot control his own White House staff much less "wrest control of US foreign policy".... maybe if he didn't spend the first 2 yrs focused on his wall and handouts to the uber wealthy...

25 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Sad!  Terrorists or not...there is something quite extraordinary and evil about killing scores of people from miles above the earth while not making a sound...????

Yes, much better when you're terrified before dying from sound and sight of bombs and planes.

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Good point. The Afghans know better than to complain to the Taliban, or they'll find themselves and their family members stoned, shot and/or beheaded and dumped in a ditch somewhere to be buried.

The U.S., in comparison, is a soft touch, despite the occasional drone misfires.

The main difference between the two actors above is the following:

--When the Taliban kills peaceful Afghans (their own people), they're doing it intentionally and systematically.

--When the U.S. kills peaceful Afghans (their allies), they're doing it by accident and unintentionally.

Main difference is it happening in Afghanistan, not the USA.

14 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

When the U.S. kills peaceful Afghans (their allies), they're doing it by accident and unintentionally.

Yes the US war machine has been hanging about Afghanistan for a couple of decades by accident and unintentionally.

Armies have one purpose. There is NOTHING accidental about collateral deaths.

Just now, mikebike said:

Yes the US war machine has been hanging about Afghanistan for a couple of decades by accident and unintentionally.

Armies have one purpose. There is NOTHING accidental about collateral deaths.

The U.S. military has been in Afghanistan for years to combat the Taliban and prevent ISIS from using the country as a staging ground for terrorism... because, the Afghan government and military historically was never able or willing to do so effectively.

Part of the U.S.'s reason for being there has been supposedly to train and stand up the Afghan security and military forces to a sufficiently professional level that they're able to defend and police their own country, including against terrorists.

Thus far, that part of the mission seems to be pretty much an ongoing failure.... Why that is probably doesn't lend itself to easy answers and I wouldn't even begin to profess any knowledge on that point.

The U.S. military is NOT in Afghanistan to kill innocent Afghans... But as I said above, war is never precise and innocents always get caught in the crossfire, despite the best (and sometimes less than best) efforts of professional military forces who mean them no harm.

18 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Main difference is it happening in Afghanistan, not the USA.

Ya, if it was in the U.S., they all would have been killed by a nutter with a high-capacity rifle and misc. assault weapons who bought them at his local gun show, despite having a diagnosed mental disorder.

2 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Sad!  Terrorists or not...there is something quite extraordinary and evil about killing scores of people from miles above the earth while not making a sound...????

Ordering drone strikes on noisy neighbors, though....

3 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Would you have felt better if they instead had been killed in the more traditional Afghan way of being stoned to death or beheaded with a sword?  :ph34r:

It's not the instrument used that makes it "evil." It's the circumstances and nature of the killing, including whether it was deliberate or an unintended mistake.

12 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Some AF drone jockey in a trailer in NV will probably go 'postal' soon?

Just imagining what would happen if ISIS used a drone to attack and kill 30 farmers in Iowa? We'd be knee-deep in another two or three 30-year wars, assuming we didin't nuke part of the world.

9/11?

4 hours ago, The Theory said:

I heard that pine nuts farms are very common in Afghanistan, is that right ?

But im not sure what it looks like. Are they some ? 

D5230DDA-AED7-470D-9CB8-B7C770BD209C.jpeg

These are CIA properties and a shall be protected by the US military! 

11 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

10 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Ya, if it was in the U.S., they all would have been killed by a nutter with a high-capacity rifle and misc. assault weapons who bought them at his local gun show, despite having a diagnosed mental disorder.

Especially since a war was never declared in Afghanistan by the US

So about those nutters with high cap weapons, given your ok with the foreign (US) drones in Afghanistan policing nuts you would be ok with say China or Russia sending

in a drone strike on those nutters you mention in the USA?

"Such mistakes cannot be justified. American forces must realise (they) will never win the war by killing innocent civilians," said Javed Mansur, a resident of Jalalabad city.

this man needs to read more history books. the sad reality is that ALL war victors killed innocent civilians.

I think to be fair Afghanistan should be allowed to detonate a bomb in the USA. 30 dead people is just like a typical American mass shooting these days, nothing really special. But somehow when (especially white) Americans die inside the USA that is always front page news. Imagine the reaction about an Afghani controlled bomb killing innocent Americans.

But locals in Afghanistan? A little collateral damage, who cares? 

The root of this evil is the fact that the "Flag Waving Americans" who never tire of being global bullies ... simply do not view these people as human.  Want to see America in an uproar?  Drone a herd of endangered elephants.  THEN you will see some PROTESTS!

2 hours ago, meechai said:

Especially since a war was never declared in Afghanistan by the US

So about those nutters with high cap weapons, given your ok with the foreign (US) drones in Afghanistan policing nuts you would be ok with say China or Russia sending

in a drone strike on those nutters you mention in the USA?

The U.S. military is in Afghanistan with the permission and endorsement of the Afghan government. Let's stop with the meaningless comparisons.

And I didn't call the bad folks in Afghanistan nuts. I called the Taliban terrorists and terrorist sympathizers, as well as Muslim fanatics who intentionally kill and abuse their own population in barbaric fashion to instill fear and cooperation.

10 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Would you have felt better if they instead had been killed in the more traditional Afghan way of being stoned to death or beheaded with a sword?  :ph34r:

It's not the instrument used that makes it "evil." It's the circumstances and nature of the killing, including whether it was deliberate or an unintended mistake.

Do you have any evidence that these victims of a US attack were otherwise under threat of being ‘stoned to death or beheaded’, or are you just trolling your bigoted views?

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Do you have any evidence that these victims of a US attack were otherwise under threat of being ‘stoned to death or beheaded’, or are you just trolling your bigoted views?

I never made that assertion re the victims of this drone strike, and I'm not sure why it matters whether they were under any such threat. They presumably were innocents who were mistakenly killed by an errant drone strike.

I was talking about the broader behavior of the Taliban and their history and methods in Afghanistan, which have been amply documented.

And, I have no bigoted views nor have expressed any here. Unless you think that calling the Taliban Muslim fanatics and terrorists/terrorist sympathizers is somehow bigoted.

22 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Pause for a moment to consider the impact these killings have on the families of the victims.

I find a "laughing emoji" by a member on your comment rather sickening.

Yes, i did check who would have such bad taste in humour.

Noted.

On 9/20/2019 at 8:49 AM, webfact said:

U.S. drone strike kills 30 pine nut farm workers in Afghanistan

Ah, yes, the infamous, danger to the world, lock your daughters up, pine nut workers...

So, not soldiers fighting on the front line then?

As somebody else mentioned; USA - war on terror - winning hearts and minds...

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I never made that assertion re the victims of this drone strike, and I'm not sure why it matters whether they were under any such threat. They presumably were innocents who were mistakenly killed by an errant drone strike.

I was talking about the broader behavior of the Taliban and their history and methods in Afghanistan, which have been amply documented.

And, I have no bigoted views nor have expressed any here. Unless you think that calling the Taliban Muslim fanatics and terrorists/terrorist sympathizers is somehow bigoted.

Erm, where is your evidence that these victims of a US attack were anything to do with the Taliban, or are you going off topic to bang on about the Taliban? 

These innocent victims are Afghans in Afghanistan so trigger your set piece  Taliban, ‘stoning’, ‘beheading’ 

Archived