TM30: Government secretary promises action within two months

webfact

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

It's not going to happen in Thailand, so now you can see the problem.

Also do not forget a lot of retired foreigners here are old guys

whiches for some reasons are unable to fill a form on an app 

and not to mention those who do not have a tablet

at each visit to the immigration office you can see how much some of them are

totaly unable to deal with the paper forms and the procedures, i can't imagine if

they have to do it by internet

That is then the problem of the old guys.. I mean if you can't use a computer then too bad for you. I mean its 2019 if they cant then let them go to immigration. 

If there is a good fast working app I won't complain even if its unnecessary. I dont worry about stuff like that. 

2 hours ago, robblok said:

If there is a good app for doing it that works fast then I don't see the problem.

The problem is that this whole law is unneccessary and a hassle and an unappropriate way to  treat guests.

It needs to be scrapped and an excuse would be appropriate. (But I'm dreaming)

2 hours ago, londonthai said:

if just a few days ago they promised a brand new tm30 application it means, that they are not going to abolish this law. They would just enforce it with a better functioning tool and will be more strict with executing it 

In an earlier announcement the 'GOOD' news was that the TM6 entry/departure card would be phased out and a new easier TM30 app would be launched soon.

Obviously that announcement triggered once again a storm of protest, as (almost) nobody objected to the TM6 entry/departure card but flamed the - indeed ridiculous - requirement that a TM30 had to be filed of your return after every trip out of your province (as advocated by some IO's).

But there is an obvious connection between TM6 and TM30, since the present TM30 website requires that you fill in the TM6 number when filing a TM30.  Scrapping the TM6 would therefore require to delete that reporting requirement from the TM30 forms and applications.  

So I do hope that a holistic approach has been taken to the whole Immigration forms matter (not only the TM30) and all stakeholder angles have been taken into consideration, instead of small tweeks to the system which will only lead to more confusion and outrage.  Immigration Officers are only the enforcers of the law and fundamental changes need to be done at law-makers level (dixit the highest Immigration officer), so without involvement of that level I am holding my breath of what will come out.     

25 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

Strange i did a tm30 after going to Kanchanaburi,however,the week or two before i was in Bangkok ,nothing was said about this and i did no tm30 then.

I am new on this TM30, just registered and reported yesterday for the first time.

I am residing at the north of Bangkok, visit every other week to my in-law family is in Lam Lukka ( outside Bangkok ), and I teach 2 days a week in Nonthaburi.  how should / how could I do the TM30 ? ? ?

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Meanwhile the BS monitor is off the top of the scale.:cheesy:

Indeed, bear in mind that, since 1979, Thailand has had 5 Constitutions, or "Interim constitutions". But to the admission of the shining lights of Thai Immigration, their 1979 law couldn't be amended, hence the TM30 had to be enforced.

We can only laugh at the way this place is run..

2 hours ago, BobbyL said:

According to our principal, there was a large ISAT (International Schools Association of Thailand) meeting this week with loads of heads and management attending. The head of immigration was meant to attend for a Q&A, but didn't show up. However, the news he wished to pass on there was to expect big changes to the TM30 soon. 

I think the penny is beginning to drop with them as to just how absurd this is making the country look. 

Second meeting he has lost his balls and wont turn up!

43 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

The problem is that this whole law is unneccessary and a hassle and an unappropriate way to  treat guests.

It needs to be scrapped and an excuse would be appropriate. (But I'm dreaming)

Sure its unnecessary but if they want it.. then its their country. But it should at least be easy to do and with an app there would be no problem at all once you collect all the documents and have pictures on your phone of them. I can see this work in 5 minutes.

Of course i rather see it scrapped but if that is no option a good app would make it a lot better. 

End of TM6 = 90 days notification online will now be possible for all + less paperwork / photocopies.

Let's be positive, that was a good first move.

And about a new TM30 in less than 2 months, maybe that would be a complete new TMxx form. Something not obsolete as those TM30/TM28 that force you to register all the time and that could be done online. That announcement is great too, they improve communication, another good move, peace ????

Wake up Thai government 

just like every government in the world they live in there own world completely out of touch with reality

the reason the Thai tourists and expats are not coming to Thailand is the high bht

western tourists made to feel unwelcome 

bye constant reports from the Thai tourists board that Russian 

then Chinese then Indian are welcome and we will do all we can to make life easy for you to come and stay 

and make it as hard as we can for western tourists 

and western expats 

stupid rules that have driven us western tourists and expats to avoid going to Thailand that is why you are suffering 

all the Thai government needs to do is say. Sorry  in public to all western tourists and expats and say please come back we will make it easy for you to come and welcome you 

but I think that would never happen 

so good luck to the Thai government 

and sorry to the fantastic Thai people 

that we as western tourists and expats are not coming 

blame your government 

5 hours ago, rkidlad said:

If you can't implement it properly or have every office on the same page, how about you go back to not enforcing it again until you can at the very least get your s*** together.

Why do foreigners have to suffer the consequences of your poor planning and implementing? It's no way to treat your 'guests'. 

Swap "guests" for "interlopers". That's the closer interpretation by Thai authorities. 

@Cobby

I'm not pessimist as you.

They had old procedures as this 40 years TM30 that has to be redone. They also have much more residents on 1 year visa that 40 years ago, that population do they 90 days notification (TM47), so that TM30 is useless.

Let's give them 2 months to redo/rethink what's they really want to do with this TM30 and how to track those "bad guys". For me that TM30 is only for the foreigners on VOA or tourist visa, but that's not so easy to manage so let's give them time to find a good procedure ????

am getting a bit confused, TM30 applies to all foreigners in Thailand isn't ?

so, why does a seemingly majority on TV think they are special ?

Unless you have registered a permanent address, got an ID card, did put money into the country to secure that permanent address or are transferring knowledge or are in other legal employment , what I believe should be an easy and fair test, on what grounds should Expats be exempted?
And who are Expats, Retirees from everywhere ? Workers from everywhere ? Do people from Australia count, they are not Westerners but from Down under ?

Guess migrant labor is a major concern in this respect, but did not read about that much ?

@KKr

That's why they need time to rethink that TM30.

And 2 months is a short delay, they have so many options to talk about:

- TM30 only for hotels and exempt the residents from that TM30, but if those residents host some "bad guys" without TM30 ?

- Landlords would have to fill a TM30 only for people on VOA / tourist visa but not for foreigners on 1 year visa ?

- etc etc... not so easy !

4 minutes ago, natway09 said:

And for the record Sir, I am happy to fill in  TM 6 each & every time I travel 

Just scrap the TM 30 for valid long term visa holders who are returning to the SAME address

I'm pretty sure that's going to happen, that's why they need time to rethink the TM30.

4 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

If a european politician makes a promise it takes at least 3 years.

At least thailand get a move on when they wanna change something...

Yes, they decided to suddenly start enforcing the TM30 with little thought. Look how that worked out for these geniuses. 

It seems to me that every time a Thai official opens his mouth it only serves to increase the confusion.

The report states that:

“TM30 is the contentious issue of foreigners having to report their whereabouts within 24 hours of arriving at a destination not mentioned on their visa documents.”

Any sensible person would therefore conclude that there is no need to report anything to anyone when you simply return to your home address.

Archived