TM30: Government secretary promises action within two months

webfact

7 minutes ago, denby45 said:

Just arrived back from China this morning and went straight to Jomtien to file a TM30. I filled my name and address in twice being both the property owner and resident.  The girl at the desk asked if I owned the property. I confirmed the same and then she told me I didn't need to file any more TM30 after returning to Thailand as long as I return to the same address. I asked her to repeat and she told me because I am the owner there is no need to keep repeating every time I come back.

Was rather surprised.

Den

Sweet.  Perhaps that could be a selling point for the oversupply of condos.  Buy a condo (for 250-400x rent plus all associated ongoing fees and assessments, opportunity costs be damned) and you don’t have to file a TM30.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, londonthai said:

if just a few days ago they promised a brand new tm30 application it means, that they are not going to abolish this law. They would just enforce it with a better functioning tool and will be more strict with executing it 

The existing TM30 app is the new one. They will never scrap the TM30 report,but maybe change the timeframe when we have to report after for example abroad. 

Remember that Prayut's aim is to have FULL enforcement of all laws on the statute books. That's what he thinks his job is. 

Even for old, stupid and previously ignored laws that date from a different age when Thailand was a developing country without the capacity to design proper legislation. 

Prayut is a military man who is trained that all laws and rules are to be followed without exception. It's the way the military works.

He is a military man who is not intelligent or broadly educated and experienced enough to be a civillian leader. That's why he says "the law is the law".

Sadly for Thailand, he doesn't have the capacity to make suitable laws that fit with a modern vision. Only the military education to enforce laws that are already passed.

6 minutes ago, Ketyo said:

Remember that Prayut's aim is to have FULL enforcement of all laws on the statute books. That's what he thinks his job is. 

Even for old, stupid and previously ignored laws that date from a different age when Thailand was a developing country without the capacity to design proper legislation. 

Prayut is a military man who is trained that all laws and rules are to be followed without exception. It's the way the military works.

He is a military man who is not intelligent or broadly educated and experienced enough to be a civillian leader. That's why he says "the law is the law".

Sadly for Thailand, he doesn't have the capacity to make suitable laws that fit with a modern vision. Only the military education to enforce laws that are already passed.

You are just another whiner. Are you even living in Thailand long term?  

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Kobsak, who attended high level meetings last week in an effort to resolve matters, indicated to Daily News that work was ongoing on the matter that was a priority along with other obstacles to investors and operators in the tourist sector. 

Only worried about the tourist sector again.... when will they learn that people here on one year visas either working/married or retired who do 90day reports this is a useless piece of law.
TM30 for tourists coming into the country are not inconvenienced in anyway as it's the obligation of the landlord!

8 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

Preferably an inactive position would probably be better for all concerned.

'nuf sed

Wasn't BJ the one who got it out of mothballs? Isn't he already in an inactive post or pushing up the daisies maybe? Any sightings?

Been here 13 years on retirement, because have children an family here.

I notice they never cut me a break, only come with more BS paper work an rules.

All this is suppose to be for security, but show me anytime a over 55 retiree did anything that would cause a security concern ? 

How about excluding Retirees from all the BS Paperwork after here for 2 years or more,

cause none of us is getting any younger.

As for Showing we have money to live in Thailand, just provide us with a Thai Letter of Income like the Embassies did, and we can sign it same as before. What would be the Difference ?

Enough with the Make Work hassles, just charge a one time yearly fee and be done with it.

Same as Vietnam, Cambodia, and others. Gee where is the common sense ?

17 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Only worried about the tourist sector again.... when will they learn that people here on one year visas either working/married or retired who do 90day reports this is a useless piece of law.
TM30 for tourists coming into the country are not inconvenienced in anyway as it's the obligation of the landlord!

Not one ordinary tourist knows anything about the TM30 mess. They don't have to. The whiners are the border hopping cheap charlies.

10 hours ago, rkidlad said:

If you can't implement it properly or have every office on the same page, how about you go back to not enforcing it again until you can at the very least get your s*** together.

Why do foreigners have to suffer the consequences of your poor planning and implementing? It's no way to treat your 'guests'. 

Well said! They keep coming up with their unenforceable garbage regulations that do nothing more than <deleted> people off. This time however, they have messed with their own people rather than just messing with the visitor or foreigner and they are meeting a wall of resistance. They obviously hoped that the foreigner would keep picking up the tab on this one but it obviously hasn't panned out that way and when they try to collect from the Thais they are told to get <deleted>!

3 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Not one ordinary tourist knows anything about the TM30 mess. They don't have to. The whiners are the border hopping cheap charlies.

I do not boarder hop, I get multi entry along with my retire extension.

Just in case I want to make a Tourist Trip to other country, have made 6 trips over 13 years.

25 minutes ago, plfomylo said:

So just as the last 10 years I won't have to do it ? Anyway I never had intention to 555

Everything depends on where you're living or if you're never going anywhere. You can easily stay in the middle of nowhere or even in BKK. 

22 minutes ago, WhatupThailand said:

All this is suppose to be for security, but show me anytime a over 55 retiree did anything that would cause a security concern ? 

How about excluding Retirees from all the BS Paperwork after here for 2 years or more,

As for Showing we have money to live in Thailand, just provide us with a Thai Letter of Income like the Embassies did, and we can sign it same as before. What would be the Difference ?

Enough with the Make Work hassles, just charge a one time yearly fee and be done with it.

The entire damn scheme was made so difficult for the likes of you and me they just hoped we would simply pay them their 1600 Baht SCAM fee, The whole thing has backfired on the idiots as they did not expect Thais to make a bit of a stand. They even tried to make the foreigner responsible (knowing we would usually pay) by allowing the Thai property owners to give us "Power Of Attorney" What they didn't bargain on was getting the Thais to hand over copies of their I.D's and all the other <deleted> no one wants to give them. They are a complete bunch of retards that belong in the 3rd world, clueless morons with absolutely no idea about reality.

7 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

The entire damn scheme was made so difficult for the likes of you and me they just hoped we would simply pay them their 1600 Baht SCAM fee, The whole thing has backfired on the idiots as they did not expect Thais to make a bit of a stand. They even tried to make the foreigner responsible (knowing we would usually pay) by allowing the Thai property owners to give us "Power Of Attorney" What they didn't bargain on was getting the Thais to hand over copies of their I.D's and all the other <deleted> no one wants to give them. They are a complete bunch of retards that belong in the 3rd world, clueless morons with absolutely no idea about reality.

You are just another whiner! There are so many countries you can move to, right? 

To little too late, I will never spend another penny in Thailand. The heck with their paranoid nonsense. Let the Chinese and Indians have the polluted place.

All this is just because Thailand is still under military rule and they want to control everything. Especially this TM 30 is an offense to all the expats living here in peace and freedom since many years and care often about the wellbeing of the Thai people and the country.

10 hours ago, rkidlad said:

If you can't implement it properly or have every office on the same page, how about you go back to not enforcing it again until you can at the very least get your s*** together.

Why do foreigners have to suffer the consequences of your poor planning and implementing? It's no way to treat your 'guests'. 

...i suppose all Aliens start off as guests, until the host or the alien gets hostile.

1 hour ago, WhatupThailand said:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1124003-video-how-the-world’s-leading-passport-forger-was-arrested-in-bangkok/#comments

This guy was on a retirement visa afaik, so there you go. It's stupid to make exceptions based on age imo.

The whole thing is stupid tho - get rid of it. background check everyone before you give visas out and not afterwards...

Not sure what your remark about Vietnam is, they have absolutely no long term visa option except fake visas from agents. For sure not the way to go here...

Archived