TM30: Government secretary promises action within two months

webfact

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, hkt83100 said:

As far as my experience goes the only app from the government, which really works, is the one for the driving license. The 90 days' app has still to be tested, at least I got my username and account up in about 2 minutes. For the section 38 I wait for the account confirmation about 8 weeks now. (Nakhon Ratchasima)

I found the drivers license app was useless, the bar code scan failed every time 

I'll believe it when I see it. Thais are not even concerned about the welfare of their own people, why would the problems of expats mean anything to them? They are gunning for the BIG money....the CHINESE. Nothing of any substance will be done, although, I was pleasantly surprised to see the extra information forms for expats being scrapped, after being told that I would need to bring the form with me every time I come to immigration. This is all about power and a government functionary throwing his weight around because he CAN. It's the old Thai game of "Me BIG man....you LITTLE man."

47 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

And just how would you suggest we do that?

Social media, writing to trade bodies of countries that do business with Thailand, pinging press sites .. in effect pushing the Thai faces to the grinding wheel and hurting their pockets. The only way to get things done here. Constant, relentless, unforgiving pressure until something gives.

13 hours ago, webfact said:

TM30 is the contentious issue of foreigners having to report their whereabouts within 24 hours of arriving at a destination not mentioned on their visa documents. 

See they can't even understand what they created.  TM30 is not for foreigners having to report their whereabouts.  It is for property owners to report foreigners staying at their property.

44 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Social media, writing to trade bodies of countries that do business with Thailand, pinging press sites .. in effect pushing the Thai faces to the grinding wheel and hurting their pockets. The only way to get things done here. Constant, relentless, unforgiving pressure until something gives.

I note the omission of a Hong Kong style street protest. I guess we would never get Farangs to band together like that.

I was going to suggest a sit-in protest at Chaengwattana Immigration but no one would notice the difference.

6 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Wasn't BJ the one who got it out of mothballs? Isn't he already in an inactive post or pushing up the daisies maybe? Any sightings?

Latest reports were he was some sort of ministry advisor, but they've kept him completely out of public view. Difficult to say who was behind the TM30 push - he was ousted in early April and Chaengwattana announced enforcement of this on 28th March. But there's a sense that they're all marching to the same tune and following orders from much higher than immigration chief level.

Since they're fixated in their heads on it being a national security issue, immigration continues to enjoy full government backing and immunity from criticism in their enforcement drive, in spite of the fact that they're presiding over a spiralling PR disaster for the country. 

Well that's an interesting variation to add to confusion. To report an address NOT mentioned in their visa paperwork. So if your visa application states your family home address and that is where you go, or to a hotel where they do it, then back home to the address on your visa paperwork there is n need to do a TM 30 when you get there. Right?

10 hours ago, Formaleins said:

The entire damn scheme was made so difficult for the likes of you and me they just hoped we would simply pay them their 1600 Baht SCAM fee, The whole thing has backfired on the idiots as they did not expect Thais to make a bit of a stand. They even tried to make the foreigner responsible (knowing we would usually pay) by allowing the Thai property owners to give us "Power Of Attorney" What they didn't bargain on was getting the Thais to hand over copies of their I.D's and all the other <deleted> no one wants to give them. They are a complete bunch of retards that belong in the 3rd world, clueless morons with absolutely no idea about reality.

I  think youre  being too  kind????

11 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Not one ordinary tourist knows anything about the TM30 mess. They don't have to. The whiners are the border hopping cheap charlies.

The ordinary tourist here on 60 days on entry doesn't have to know anything about the TM30

it's the responsibility of the landlords, which is ok if the government want to keep tabs on where they are.
The border hoppers are included because they are skirting the system to some degree by not getting a long term visa or maybe having a permanent address.
The annual visa holders who also do 90 day reports should be exempt from this extra step as we are already adequately monitored.

But it seems they want to appease the very people they want to monitor but penalise the ones they know everything about???
Personally I don't think they even know what they really want....

11 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

it's the responsibility of the landlords, which is ok if the government want to keep tabs on where they are.

True, but it's definitely not in the interests of expats to see landlords get cracked down on regarding this issue. They, like most of us, find the 24 hour reporting rules (and fines) ridiculously over the top. And why on earth encourage an environment where landlords no longer wish to have expat tenants?

11 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

The annual visa holders who also do 90 day reports should be exempt from this extra step as we are already adequately monitored.

Yes, some sort of proper registration should exist to exempt long stayers from the invasive need for 24 hour monitoring (tourists are already exempt since the onus of reporting is on the hotels). All long stayers should be on record in such a way that they're free from reporting unless they change permanent address in Thailand.

As it stands, neither the TM6 arrival card nor the 90 day report are fit for purpose here, since neither ever asks for any actual proof of address. A system needs to be brought in where an address can be properly entered in the system on a single occasion, after which people are able to enjoy complete freedom of movement until they change that address. Pretty much the way it works in any other civilised country where there's an understanding of modern technology. 

I hope after this thing is done, the same lawyer firm can start to push some other good things for foreigners, as most people on TV here just like to make a joke of basic rights and sit in their lazy chair moaning and complaining or just not caring...till they eventually become a victim of thai bureaucrazy

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

The ordinary tourist here on 60 days on entry doesn't have to know anything about the TM30

The border hoppers are included because they are skirting the system to some degree by not getting a long term visa or maybe having a permanent address.

But it seems they want to appease the very people they want to monitor but penalise the ones they know everything about???
Personally I don't think they even know what they really want....

I don't see how border hoppers are skirting the system. There they are, after 30, 60 or 90 days at the border, in person. That is stricter 'monitoring' than those who post in a 90 day report AND they run the risk of not being allowed back in...

23 hours ago, webfact said:

TM30 is the contentious issue of foreigners having to report their whereabouts within 24 hours of arriving at a destination not mentioned on their visa documents. 

Why do not you do like me?When I travel to Thailand, it's always with my Thai wife and sometimes our kids when they get to have a few days off.The vehicle belongs to her, even if she does not drive it.When we arrive at a hotel, it is her who presents her piece of identity (I do not exist) ...In a few days I will go down to Souvanaphum to look for a couple of friends and go with them a little further; I will be away from home and therefore from my province for a few days;but who will know? and how ?

Of course, I drive as I have always done, that is intelligently;
knowing that automatic speed cameras are taking pictures (in front and behind) above 100 km / h; you just have to drive less quickly.
It falls very well, it is between 90 and 95 km / h that my pickup Isuzu 3000cc and automatic gearbox consumes the least.

22 hours ago, hkt83100 said:

As far as my experience goes the only app from the government, which really works, is the one for the driving license. The 90 days' app has still to be tested, at least I got my username and account up in about 2 minutes. For the section 38 I wait for the account confirmation about 8 weeks now. (Nakhon Ratchasima)

SURELY any apps should be tested before they become available for the public....but where are you YOUR IN THAILAND !!!

Is there  anyway we can persuade the government  to change retirement visa and marriage visas to have assets of over 800 k to 400 k instead  if only bank accounts 

Keep people spending  money is good for the economy  also.

Maybe just suggest it as this is  not really  the fault  of the thai government  as allot of our embassies have stopped giving out guarantee income papers which has made things difficult  for some expats 

Maybe can save these expats by guarantee  of thai assets in thr country.

Assets such as condos, vehciles which a have to ge inssured for over  800 k

Houses with 30 years leases 

Also if married to a thai  maybe the assets can be cobined between 2 people as if married then technically  everything  bought  after marriage is 50 - 50 owned

Just a suggestion as a response to some of our embassies making difficult  for expats 

23 hours ago, hkt83100 said:

I did my 90 day Thursday afternoon online, no problem whatsoever and been that way for a few years. The approval email was in the inbox Friday morning.

People looking for an android solution to everything can only expect problems.

1 hour ago, baboon said:

I don't see how border hoppers are skirting the system. There they are, after 30, 60 or 90 days at the border, in person. That is stricter 'monitoring' than those who post in a 90 day report AND they run the risk of not being allowed back in...

What I was meaning is they can do border runs to get an extension etc but not having to provide the extra documents needed for an O-A visa or similar from the embassy in their home country.

47 minutes ago, essox essox said:

SURELY any apps should be tested before they become available for the public....but where are you YOUR IN THAILAND !!!

I have a vpn that can be used on several devices so I have the same vpn on my PC, smartphone and Android box. The android app works ok on my phone but not on the android box. When I queried this with the software company they told me that manufacturers tailor the android to a certain extent to suit their device and they only test the leading phone brands, anything else would be hit and miss and if I wasn't satisfied could claim a refund. The other point the guy made was that they only test the current version at the time, not previous versions.

I appreciate that is only one company but consider the implications of testing every version for every device, the software would never get released.

15 hours ago, Ketyo said:

Prayut is a military man who is trained that all laws and rules are to be followed without exception. It's the way the military works.

And remember, in the military, you always need a pass to go off base. Yes, we'll soon need a "pass" to go out our front doors.

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Try getting thing right.

I was an annual visa holder for 6 years prior to my first extension, 'border hopping' every 90 days and no 90 day reports. Had my own house and yellow book during that period.

The current situation is pushing many to adopt a similar position.

15 hours ago, steven100 said:

possibly not …. as 90% of the whingers on here …. they need to either enjoy Thailand for what it is or move on !!!   lol

Moved on already but still enjoy reading about the stupidity that goes on there. Maybe TV needs to restrict access to Thai IP address only?

20 hours ago, mrjohn said:

My address is registered with the provincial immigration office, the local district office, the local police as well as my embassy and my bank, surely that’s enough!

What if an immigration form is retyped incorrectly ?

Archived