TM30: Government secretary promises action within two months

webfact

2 hours ago, BigC said:

Is there  anyway we can persuade the government  to change retirement visa and marriage visas to have assets of over 800 k to 400 k instead  if only bank accounts 

Keep people spending  money is good for the economy  also.

Maybe just suggest it as this is  not really  the fault  of the thai government  as allot of our embassies have stopped giving out guarantee income papers which has made things difficult  for some expats 

Maybe can save these expats by guarantee  of thai assets in thr country.

Assets such as condos, vehciles which a have to ge inssured for over  800 k

Houses with 30 years leases 

Also if married to a thai  maybe the assets can be cobined between 2 people as if married then technically  everything  bought  after marriage is 50 - 50 owned

Just a suggestion as a response to some of our embassies making difficult  for expats 

A very good idea !

Would solve the deposit in the bank issue for me and for many foreigners on extensions.

However, it seems that immigration is concerned about being able to pay day to day expenses, aren't they ?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/10/2019 at 6:10 AM, jonclark said:

WUtter claptrap. Thailand's terrorism is entirely domestic. The bombs and murders in the southern three provinces are not carried out by a family of 4 from Dorset upset with the price of pad thai. 

Thailand needs to monitor its own people first before it points accusing fingers at foreigners. 

22 hours ago, csmith said:

629E658A-ABD8-4418-B915-018E471624DD.jpeg

Download the IMMeService app and tried to register. It wouldn't complete the process. Got a "timed out" notice. Couldn't find the Section 38 app. I have an iphone, iPad, and an iMac. How did you download these apps? And were you able to log in? Thank you

29 minutes ago, bronzedude said:

Download the IMMeService app and tried to register. It wouldn't complete the process. Got a "timed out" notice. Couldn't find the Section 38 app. I have an iphone, iPad, and an iMac. How did you download these apps? And were you able to log in? Thank you

Here's the link:

https://apps.apple.com/th/app/section38/id1451853492

It worked for me. I got username and password almost instantly.

Success! I had to transfer out of my US apple ID and use an international one. Once I did that I went to my iPad and inputed the link for both the TM30 and the 90 report.

I registered with the TM30, it was fast and successful. Thanks for that. But I tried to register the 90 app, filled out the form and tried to register and was declined. It doesn't matter since I'm only less than 10 minutes away from the immigration office and it's probably the easiest contact with Thai immigration I've ever experienced. But I hope the online TM30 process works since I have a multiple re entry visa and use it accordingly. Thanks again.

28 minutes ago, bronzedude said:

Success! I had to transfer out of my US apple ID and use an international one. Once I did that I went to my iPad and inputed the link for both the TM30 and the 90 report.

I registered with the TM30, it was fast and successful. Thanks for that. But I tried to register the 90 app, filled out the form and tried to register and was declined. It doesn't matter since I'm only less than 10 minutes away from the immigration office and it's probably the easiest contact with Thai immigration I've ever experienced. But I hope the online TM30 process works since I have a multiple re entry visa and use it accordingly. Thanks again.

The 90 days app registration procedure was really simple. Did you get any error message? 

4 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Having one of these goons promising to fix it, doesn't really inspire confidence now does it. 

None whatsoever.

A bit of Greng Jai methinks..

"That'll shut the pesky farang up for a bit-then we'll lie again.

They'll get used to it in a couple of generations or so.."

What is exactly your problem ????? ????????

eTM30 and eTM47 90 days are fully opérational 1 month ago and Work perfectly !!!!!!

I do not need to visite Immigration Office during One year until the extension !!! 

eTM30 

eTM30.JPG.39504e3f6047508ed43a9ce04554fbe2.JPG

eTM47 90 days 

418950156_TM4790JoursAPP.JPG.fb53e4c7a4e528c7c846314df74a7d46.JPG

5 hours ago, KKr said:

A very good idea !

Would solve the deposit in the bank issue for me and for many foreigners on extensions.

However, it seems that immigration is concerned about being able to pay day to day expenses, aren't they ?

Seems to me that immigration doesn't give a rats a rse about anything that impacts on anybody, including their own people. 

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 3:50 AM, steve187 said:

are they confused about tm28 and tm 30, or just bad news reporting

So if you have ( obviously ) written your address on your visa application you don't actually need to report and complete a TM30. So now it's me that's confused but then, that's not hard.

33 minutes ago, finnomick1 said:

So if you have ( obviously ) written your address on your visa application you don't actually need to report and complete a TM30. So now it's me that's confused but then, that's not hard.

You can move to another address after the application. What use do Immigration then have of the address? 

1 hour ago, finnomick1 said:

landlord still needs to do a tm30

or they did, maybe its now changed

On 9/20/2019 at 9:27 AM, zydeco said:

The "problem" is the guy who decided to dig out this 40 year old law that had been almost universally ignored and start to make draconian enforcement of it. Mr. "Problem" probably needs to be reassigned to another desk in Immigration.

And then what?

Get a new kนobjockey in charge, who will dig up, and/or introduce more medieval troublesome stuff, just to make a name for himself?

This has been the form of many previous Thai immigration bosses, even well before "Big Joke" got in.

On 9/20/2019 at 5:29 AM, robblok said:

If there is a good app for doing it that works fast then I don't see the problem. If the app works good and gives no problem. I did a tm 30 was not fined for not doing it but was a bit of a hassle to get all the papers.

The real problem with this is the psychological suppression of the victims of this, the extreme dominance from the state's side, the extreme control about it. The problem is merely pstchological. I really do not like this law (or rather the enforcement of it). 

How do they not understand that we expats are not the terrorists.  The changes that they are making are more likely to let terrorists into the country. Those of us that live in Thailand spend money and support the local economy. And if we can move around the country being tourists, we will spend even more.  But if we are targeted and treated like criminals,  then we will all end up moving away to places that treat us better

7 hours ago, OumarhindaOunsingha said:

The real problem with this is the psychological suppression of the victims of this, the extreme dominance from the state's side, the extreme control about it. The problem is merely pstchological. I really do not like this law (or rather the enforcement of it). 

Another whiner. You do know there are several other countries to visit? 

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

Another whiner. You do know there are several other countries to visit? 

You do know there are other threads on TV. You can even create your own. You could title it ‘Farangs who don’t mind the TM30’. You and like-minded people can celebrate the TM30 together and leave the rest of us to whine and complain about such a stupid and backwards law. 

It surprises me that all the crying is about TM30 and so it should,  be but not many comment on the 800x6 and 400x6 these monies removed from the economy, has anybody been asked on a 90 day report to prove the funds ate still seasoned ? Xx

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

You do know there are other threads on TV. You can even create your own. You could title it ‘Farangs who don’t mind the TM30’. You and like-minded people can celebrate the TM30 together and leave the rest of us to whine and complain about such a stupid and backwards law. 

Well said sir 

59 minutes ago, Almer said:

It surprises me that all the crying is about TM30 and so it should,  be but not many comment on the 800x6 and 400x6 these monies removed from the economy, has anybody been asked on a 90 day report to prove the funds ate still seasoned ? Xx

The 90 days report has nothing to do with money in the bank. Several immigration offices do have a so called >800k 90 days check after applying for the extension. That's a one time check. 

On 9/20/2019 at 10:09 AM, londonthai said:

if just a few days ago they promised a brand new tm30 application it means, that they are not going to abolish this law. They would just enforce it with a better functioning tool and will be more strict with executing it 

And GPS monitoring to boot.

On 9/20/2019 at 7:10 PM, Max69xl said:

Not one ordinary tourist knows anything about the TM30 mess. They don't have to. The whiners are the border hopping cheap charlies.

I have just been told by one ordinary tourist who was here two months ago, that she saw on a fb page (from Thaiger) "the TM30 will in future be completed by the tourist not the hotel".

Apparently they will be provided with an app so they can do it from their mobile.

No I can't see it either but this is what ordinary tourists are telling each other.

On 9/20/2019 at 9:14 AM, rkidlad said:

If you can't implement it properly or have every office on the same page, how about you go back to not enforcing it again until you can at the very least get your s*** together.

Why do foreigners have to suffer the consequences of your poor planning and implementing? It's no way to treat your 'guests'. 

its normal for them in everything they do... TIT!!!!  have salary so why care? unless the tea money is payable nothing will change.....

On 9/22/2019 at 6:12 AM, Rks22 said:

How do they not understand that we expats are not the terrorists.  The changes that they are making are more likely to let terrorists into the country. Those of us that live in Thailand spend money and support the local economy. And if we can move around the country being tourists, we will spend even more.  But if we are targeted and treated like criminals,  then we will all end up moving away to places that treat us better

when will you guys understand its NOT about right/wrong  legal/illegal  terrorists blah blah blah..

these guys only are interested in the tea money officially or otherwise......  you are just a cockroach unless you pay tea money... GET IT?

Archived