LOng pants required

phuketrichard

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

it has never been shorts. you are just unaware of what you are doing.

you are disrespecting the process and Thai culture by wearing shorts, tee shirts and flip flops. i have been telling everyone this for years.

you should dress like you are going to a important business meeting. because you are.

and very important at banks.

no wonder so many expats have problems with immigration and opening bank accounts. 

The rule before was nice leisure shorts and not beach shorts and a proper tennis shirt/polo shirt. There was even a sign showing what to wear. 

41 minutes ago, Shot said:

This is from May 2017

phuket-visa-dress-code-2.jpg

I did my investment visa in that building a few days ago. 

I wore dress shorts and a polo shirt and some boat shoes. 

It's respectable. 

The shorts come down to just above the knee. The illustration is way above the knee, like board shorts. 

Nobody said anything and I was in and out in 40 mins. 

In March, Phuket Town immigration had a sign out front with a dress code. I witnessed a couple of fellows with muscle shirts and shorts getting the boot and told to come back when dressed appropriately.

A few days ago, at Patong immigration, I was the only one there with long pants, and no one had a problem with all the wearers of shorts.

2 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

30+ years here, never wore long pants, always nice shorts and a collared shirt,
30+ years here never had a problem at immigration as well

Psimbo;

its in the PHUKET FORUM section

and the first line states  ...to Phuket immigration

now bug off, didn't realize you were the owner here.

I suggest you re-look at the smiley at the end of that comment. A touch over-sensitive methinks.

We now have 8 pages of dross.

There is a new position at immigration...lady from a distance checks the legs of farangs entering the office...if she disapproves...skinny, too hairy, grossly tattooed, or obese...then she waves a red flag and you are sent home...

However, Thai ladies with thunder-thighs are instantly approved...????

3 hours ago, Beggar said:

Thank you for your advice. And I idiot always tried to survive on expired street food. But where can I find a chauffeur? 

Is that why you need a changing room outside immigration ....are you in fact a homeless man???

22 minutes ago, amykat said:

Is that why you need a changing room outside immigration ....are you in fact a homeless man???

I am not homeless and so able to fulfill my TM30 duty. What would be if I am homeless? But to get to the immigration takes me about one hour and you might not have expected it but I need another hour to get back to my TM30 location. I have high blood pressure and I suffer a lot when it is hot. 

1 minute ago, Beggar said:

I am not homeless and so able to fulfill my TM30 duty. What would be if I am homeless? But to get to the immigration takes me about one hour and you might not have expected it but I need another hour to get back to my TM30 location. I have high blood pressure and I suffer a lot when it is hot. 

Well you have made some comments and your nickname here, I am just teasing you!!  But seriously, I also detest heat, it was my worst problem in Thailand, however I did not find proper type pants to be too hot.  If you wear cotton that is light color and not too tight, it should be fine, lower legs don’t tend to sweat for most people like underarms do?  So I expect you can make it intact.  Some people say it is cooler to be more covered?  I guess you can find a place to change pants easily nearby if you like but maybe you won’t find it so difficult as you expect?

19 minutes ago, amykat said:

Well you have made some comments and your nickname here, I am just teasing you!!  But seriously, I also detest heat, it was my worst problem in Thailand, however I did not find proper type pants to be too hot.  If you wear cotton that is light color and not too tight, it should be fine, lower legs don’t tend to sweat for most people like underarms do?  So I expect you can make it intact.  Some people say it is cooler to be more covered?  I guess you can find a place to change pants easily nearby if you like but maybe you won’t find it so difficult as you expect?

I should not live here anymore because of the heat. But I am too old to move. And I don't know where to move. Due to my job I lived in many different countries and so I don't know anybody anymore in the country where I was born. So I try to survive here. In my condo the humidity is with the help of aircons between 40 and 50 percent. That's okay - the heat itself is not so much a problem. But whenever I go out and come back my first thing is to take a shower. At the moment I always change my T-shirt to a shirt with longer sleeves between cars in front of the immigration. Hope I will not have to do the same with the trousers...

8 minutes ago, Beggar said:

I should not live here anymore because of the heat. But I am too old to move. And I don't know where to move. Due to my job I lived in many different countries and so I don't know anybody anymore in the country where I was born. So I try to survive here. In my condo the humidity is with the help of aircons between 40 and 50 percent. That's okay - the heat itself is not so much a problem. But whenever I go out and come back my first thing is to take a shower. At the moment I always change my T-shirt to a shirt with longer sleeves between cars in front of the immigration. Hope I will not have to do the same with the trousers...

Can you speak any French?  What about Agadir Morocco?  That has a nice climate and not very expensive and has expats, kind of modern apartments I think for rent if you like that.  Good food.  

Respect! yet most shops etc allow people to walk around without a top on, I was at immigration last week and shorts was fine.

It’s all about respect (In their eyes). Same with any government institution.
Get used to it because I very much doubt if it will change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Rubbish, never had a problem in 11yrs wearing nice shorts, tea shirt and floppy flips both at immigration and banks.

it has never been shorts. you are just unaware of what you are doing.

you are disrespecting the process and Thai culture by wearing shorts, tee shirts and flip flops. i have been telling everyone this for years.
you should dress like you are going to a important business meeting. because you are.
and very important at banks.

no wonder so many expats have problems with immigration and opening bank accounts. 

Respect! yet most shops etc allow people to walk around without a top on, I was at immigration last week and shorts was fine.

I believe you, but as I said ‘in their eyes’ you are being disrespectful. That doesn’t necessarily mean that they will confront you about that, as Thais shy away from most forms of one-on-one confrontations but it doesn’t necessarily mean that they like what your doing.
Best of luck in your ‘integration’.

4 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

I believe you, but as I said ‘in their eyes’ you are being disrespectful. That doesn’t necessarily mean that they will confront you about that, as Thais shy away from most forms of one-on-one confrontations but it doesn’t necessarily mean that they like what your doing.
Best of luck in your ‘integration’.

...shy away... 

- but (metaphorically) stab you in the back when you are not looking 

they who must win

Archived