BANGKOK
imjmn

Non O-A Visa from Thai Consulate Los Angeles

Medical certificate (must be notarized)

How did you accomplish that -- presumably you didn't haul the Notary Public into the doctor's office to verify his signature.....?

Copy of applicant’s airline tickets showing flight to Thailand.

Stupidest requirement I've ever see... Do they think your wasting all your time and resources to get a visa you don't plan on using?  And, if in fact they do require this (?), they're putting you in the position of probably purchasing a ticket in a less than optimum window for best price. Probably invented by the same guy who came up with enforcing the TM30 ludicracy.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Well my Doctor was very accommodating and took care of the notary. If necessary I would have called a mobile notary to come to his office which would have cost about $50.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, imjmn said:

Then he asked me if I had medical insurance - I told him that I had Medicare but I also have a BUPA plan and he wanted to see the card of which had took a copy.

Of course you know that Medicare is of no value in Thailand. 

19 hours ago, JimGant said:

How did you accomplish that -- presumably you didn't haul the Notary Public into the doctor's office to verify his signature.....?

Stupidest requirement I've ever see... Do they think your wasting all your time and resources to get a visa you don't plan on using?  And, if in fact they do require this (?), they're putting you in the position of probably purchasing a ticket in a less than optimum window for best price. Probably invented by the same guy who came up with enforcing the TM30 ludicracy.

The notary isn't for the Dr. it's for you. Crazy as it sounds, at the Hollywood location, I took my medical cert across the street to a place that does it all, copies, money orders, and they notarize. I wrote on cert.......I certify this is my original signature and I signed it. Cost was $17.00, but it made absolutely no sense.

No questions about Med Ins for me, did ask me to email flight details. 

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I am just curious for the reason why you did not further extend your stay as you did for 8-9 years, and re-applied for a Non Imm OA Visa.

The advantage is of course that with the new Non Imm OA Visa you will be able to unfreeze the 800.000/400.000 THB in the thai bank-account if you did choose that method, and have it that sum at your disposition for almost 2 years.  But of course there could be many other reasons for re-applying.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JimGant said:

Probably invented by the same guy who came up with enforcing the TM30 ludicracy.

... Or the guy who invented "ludicracy."

• Haha 2

I got my nonOA from that consulate 3 years ago by mail. Sent duplicate copies of everything listed on their web site along with my USA passport and a check for $200.

Got passport back in less than 10 days, done and done.

• Like 1

I'm considering getting a nonOA in LA as well.  But, the only place I've found to do the medical certificate here in Las Vegas wants $400.  That seems ridiculous.  Has anyone found a better deal somewhere in LA?

Thanks.

Wellnessmart.com

An occupational health clinic chain with the following locations:

Van Nuys, Torrance, Long Beach, 1000 Oaks and 3 in Orange County.

Did my OA med with them 3 years.  This not one of those “Sign” here places.

Actually did blood and urine tests.  Total cost was about $300.  I had to use them because of my doctor(pre Obama Care) was not in my new Insurance plan network.  

• Thanks 1

I'm considering getting a nonOA in LA as well.  But, the only place I've found to do the medical certificate here in Las Vegas wants $400.  That seems ridiculous.  Has anyone found a better deal somewhere in LA?

Thanks.

I just use my own doctor. I drop off the form, he signs it and the office mails it back to me, all at no charge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, SpokaneAl said:

Of course you know that Medicare is of no value in Thailand. 

Maybe indirectly it is. I could really be wrong, but I believe medicare pays for a significant portion of my Kaiser Plan now that I am well passed the age of sixty-five and Kaiser does cover me in Thailand. I was told I would have to pay out of pocket first, but they, Kaiser, would reimburse me later.

6 hours ago, RocketDog said:

I got my nonOA from that consulate 3 years ago by mail. Sent duplicate copies of everything listed on their web site along with my USA passport and a check for $200.

Got passport back in less than 10 days, done and done.

Same experience here but I think the price has gone up. Used the same FedEx shop across the street to do it all by mail both ways. Very little documentation required when using their service. Lightning fast turn around too. Think I was without my passport for 3 business days. Probably 3rd time I have used them over the years. 

• Like 1