Toilet sizes

Bluedipper

We are looking to replace some condo toilets that are 30 years old. The distance of the old waste pipe in the floor to the wall is 25cm but new toilets are built at 30cm and we cannot find any toilets to fit! 

The plumber said he can dig into the concrete floor to make alterations but this would be more expensive than finding the correct sized toilet.  

Can anyone recommend where we could find toilets to fit? We have already tried HomePro, Big C, Cotto, Boonthavorn, etc. 

Thanks! 

Have a look to see if there is an offset pipe available in Thailand. These photos will give you an idea. I can't recall the actual name but have used then to good effect in the past on renovations.

https://www.google.com/search?q=offset+pipe+toilet&client=firefox-b-d&sxsrf=ACYBGNTv_NIpLyuDo8X5V5yQHE83oPphBg:1568954424323&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiRpoXZyt7kAhWi73MBHQ-RDU8Q_AUIESgB&biw=1536&bih=726

7 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Have a look to see if there is an offset pipe available in Thailand. These photos will give you an idea. I can't recall the actual name but have used then to good effect in the past on renovations.

https://www.google.com/search?q=offset+pipe+toilet&client=firefox-b-d&sxsrf=ACYBGNTv_NIpLyuDo8X5V5yQHE83oPphBg:1568954424323&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiRpoXZyt7kAhWi73MBHQ-RDU8Q_AUIESgB&biw=1536&bih=726

Thank you so much @Farangwithaplan So far we had only found a very expensive Cotto toilet which came with an adjustable offset pipe. I will try find a plumber supply shop in Bkk which might sell these. Especially since you have had good experience with them. ???? 

I hope it helps and you find what you need. The ones I have used were all 4 inch and not in Thailand. Most of the waste pipes I have seen here are 2 or 3 inch.. I actually can't remember, but I recall thinking they were smaller that what I am used to seeing.

52 minutes ago, Bluedipper said:

Thank you so much @Farangwithaplan So far we had only found a very expensive Cotto toilet which came with an adjustable offset pipe. I will try find a plumber supply shop in Bkk which might sell these. Especially since you have had good experience with them. ???? 

They are on Lazada 250 to 300 Baht 

flexi pipe seal.

Standard in the Uk, albeit for horizontal connection. Same priciple.

Time they started sending western s trap side outlet bogs over here. Waste straight out, no fannying about with precise concrete hole measurement that need to done when pouring thefloor slab, 6 months before you really need to think about bathrooms. No leaks, wellnot inside the house anyway.

59 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

They are on Lazada 250 to 300 Baht 

Thank you! @sometimewoodworker Was about to trail around all the home stores looking for them so thank you for the heads up. I am surprised that no one - plumbers, home stores or toilet shops - have suggested using these. 

39 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

flexi pipe seal.

Standard in the Uk, albeit for horizontal connection. Same priciple.

Time they started sending western s trap side outlet bogs over here. Waste straight out, no fannying about with precise concrete hole measurement that need to done when pouring thefloor slab, 6 months before you really need to think about bathrooms. No leaks, wellnot inside the house anyway.

Thanks @eyecatcher I’ll look out for these as well. 

Thanks also @Farangwithaplan  Good point - I will double check pipe size too. 

Archived