Phuket Town awarded Asean Clean Tourist City Standard

webfact

Phuket Town awarded Asean Clean Tourist City Standard

By The Phuket News

1568952229_1-org.jpg

The award will be given at the 39th Asean Tourism Forum (ATF 2020) to be held in Brunei in January,

PHUKET: Phuket Town has been bestowed the “Asean Clean Tourist City Standard” after inspection and evaluation of the town in seven key areas of asssessment.

The award will be given at the 39th Asean Tourism Forum (ATF 2020) to be held in Brunei in January, reported state news agency NNT. 

The announcement follows an inspection tour by the Asean Clean Tourism Standard Assessment Committee earlier this year, noted the report.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-town-awarded-asean-clean-tourist-city-standard-72948.php#BtIoCTqSX6ElvMim.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-09-20

Almost spat my coffee out. Read some of the posts and brought a smile to my face. Add: rats the size of cats, pollution pumping in black clouds from old diesel engines on every corner, raw sewage pumped straight off the beach, corruption at every level, crime, murder and extortion..... Yep sure is number one. 

I stayed at Phuket 30 days and for the first time went to get visa to Phnom-Penh, Cambodia.

After the first evening when the piles of trash appeared averywhere on the streets, I do find Phuket Town pretty clean.

Thailand is a rather clean country compared to some other Asian neighbors.

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

I stayed at Phuket 30 days and for the first time went to get visa to Phnom-Penh, Cambodia.

After the first evening when the piles of trash appeared averywhere on the streets, I do find Phuket Town pretty clean.

Thailand is a rather clean country compared to some other Asian neighbors.

Have you been to HK, Singapore, KL??

Try going tup country and see the flagrant dumping of household waste, plastic everywhere.

I've seen all of SEA Asia and its mostly an open rubbish tip. Try the bus trip up the spine of Asia from PP to Vientiane .Never seen a broom &tray.

Cambodia and Laos are waiting for foreigners to pay for the clean up.

Thailand's bad news but Cambodia is disgraceful.

Any award for cleanliness and the environment is farcical.

Just another photo op for corrupt ASEAN officials.

Something to show the grandkids.

I've been to Bangkok, Hat Yai, Songkla and Ranot. They seem pretty clean, thai do use garbage bins.

Went for visa once to Penang, nice and clean little island.

But I don't want go to P-P again, that was awful.

Archived