90 Day Report Drive Thru

alphason

36 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Yes .... so long as not 5 days over due .... or is it 7 days ?

7 days.

Edit: Oh noooooooooooooooooooooo- we don't have PHUKET in the title so some chap will be along from Nakon Nowhere in a minute to prothelise ????

i did the drive thru in phuket town mid july simple and easy, but this time i got one of the old guys who was trying to look for money off me and didn't get .... 

generally you arrive and i was lucky one car infant of me, waited 2 minutes, then was my turn and usually its a nice young lady, previously she wanted to see my wife but i told her she was in hospital and couldn't come so she politely said dont worry i will do it for you.

i gave this guy my passport and had forms completed to hand to him he didnt even take these. his first response was looking at my previous entry date which was 10 january 2019 you are late, he was after money, i smiled and said can you check in the back of my passport for last 90 days report which was fine and i was well intime on this occasion. he found it and wasn't smiling then he screamed at me 24hr reporting, i just said i did it online i have a phone of the approval do you want to see, no.... i will check myself online, window closed for few minutes then opened and before i could turn or say anything he just through my passport into the open window, what a <deleted> didnt get his way fining me or extorting money and everything was correct. saying all this was max say 3 minutes... good luck. hopefully the young lady is there..

3 hours ago, helloagain said:

But mc donalds are nicer people

Not true. I always get service with a smile at immigration drive thru. 

It's takes 2 mins maximum and I'm on my way. 

Lots of farang don't wai immigration staff.

Try waiing and smile once your number is called.  You'll be surprised what a little respect will get you. 

10 minutes ago, hansgruber said:

Not true. I always get service with a smile at immigration drive thru. 

It's takes 2 mins maximum and I'm on my way. 

Lots of farang don't wai immigration staff.

Try waiing and smile once your number is called.  You'll be surprised what a little respect will get you. 

I agree. I only used the drive through once when I missed my online date. They clerk young lady on the computer and older IO could not have been nicer. Maybe just a minute. Mind you I had my soft top down and that always generates a lot of interest.

On 9/20/2019 at 12:30 PM, Lamkyong said:

does drive thru imply on does not leave ones car??as in Mc dos etc

No , but One needs very long arms if in a car , as the booth window is on the passenger side , not the drivers.

I just went , and it was very hot and no 'customers' there so I parked the scooter in the shade and walked over.

The ( very dark ) window opened and a young Thai lady said , " Isa dive thoo ! You muss have the rot !" and pointed to my scooter.

Chastened , I quietly went back and 'rode' to the window ..

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:43 AM, phuketrichard said:

Online 14 days before, as i did mine last week up to 7 days before

drive thru 15 before  7 after

15 before? That had been great but have you that officially from Phuket Immigration or just a once in a time happening?

Thanks

Felt

• 3 weeks later...

It was really busy there this morning, with cars waiting on the road to get into the drive through. Besides the girl at the window there was a guy walking around and trying to alleviate things by going to the cars and bikes waiting and helping them there. So I did not even have to go to the window this morning.

My GF just back from doing my 90 dayer at the drive through on her bike.

Surprisingly for a Monday morning, only two vehicles ahead of her. Processed quickly without anyone insisting I had to be there, as has happened before.  This is how it should work.

Hoping the new on-line app their talking about works for me this time.

Archived