"Sweet talking farang ripped me off to the tune of 1.2 million baht", says Thai woman

webfact

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who owns the Thai bank accounts that she transferred money to? Farang or Nigerian, they were local or had local contacts. 

First thing she should have done is asked to see hime face to face in webcam. Screenshot the person or video their conversation with camtasia. 

12 hours ago, off road pat said:

Well you have to admit that falling for this ordinary Nigerian Scam deserve a price !!! I read about them over 40 years ago,...and they still fall for it...Greed never gives up !!!

There's about one every day in Thailand falling for this !!! read the newspapers !!!

That wasn't my point.  Read my comment!

On 9/20/2019 at 8:59 AM, Destiny1990 said:

Scammed by a Nigerian but blames a farang.

It does seem like a variation of the standard Nigerian prince scam. My wife has a couple of Thai friends in the UK that lost £10,000 to this type of scam.

23 hours ago, elgenon said:

As much as I can see, she looks pretty hot. The guy must have been very good.

If going by the photo in the OP, she does have a nice shape....if that's even her.  But how hot can a 47 yr old be?  Besides, I've never seen an attractive woman fall for these scams.  It's almost always someone older, lonely, desperate....with some cash saved up.  These scammers aren't stupid.  The young hotties aren't desperate and would never give away hard earned cash.  It's the older women who are prime targets. 

On 9/22/2019 at 2:07 AM, off road pat said:

She said that she was cautious having heard about Romance Scams but this was different. 55555555

Soon "Christian" - who she believed was an American - said he had to go to Malaysia to sort out a multi million dollar inheritance he had got from his father who was involved in government contracts to build roads in that nation. His father died in 2015, he said......Yep the ordinary Nigerian Scam !!!

In Malaysia, all road building contracts are given to local cronies, never to foreigners, black or white. Only a non-Malaysian would have believed in that story.

Reading the details of the scammer's angle - it is a common scam that usually starts with Emails pushing that specific type of story. 

Although there are obviously scammers around the world, the one mentioned sounds like yes, it did come out of Nigeria. The "Christian Mark" sounds familiar also.

We know she won't get her money back, but, life goes on.

I certainly wish her well. ✌

• 3 weeks later...

Archived