"Sweet talking farang ripped me off to the tune of 1.2 million baht", says Thai woman

webfact

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, inactiveposter said:

So seven transfers, no problem, but that EIGHTH request?!?!?

Im guessing ,and am going to give Thai Police a  hand here, lookout for seven very rich midgets and a white  as  can be farang.......the remedy is fresh fruit Chinese  would be good although not sure Thai fruit would  have the required amount  of chemicals in to "sort  it"

5 hours ago, Berkshire said:

These romance scams continue to happen all over the world.  The stupidity of these people is just off-the-charts.  Hard to be sympathetic. 

I wish I could do one, but I'd just burst out laughing in the middle of it, and I wouldn't be that convincing.

These supposed (and I'm sure pretty accurate) Nigerian scammers  prey on the emotions (obviously) of women. Cyberspace romance has some red flags- especially when you are asked for money. Me? I met a Thai woman online some 7 years ago and we speak quite often. She lost her mother and her father has medical issues. She is the sole caretaker and works at a good job (comparatively). Not once, has she asked me for money, BUT I have sent her periodic transfers to help out. Again, she has never asked me for money, but since I am compassionate I have done my best to help out. I'm not rich by any means, but I am smart enough to see sincerity - even in cyberspace. To this day, nothing has changed...no requests for any money, but I continue to help when I can.

And that's the difference....using one's head and intuition to siphon out these people who ask for money. And if they do- as in this case, insanity is described as doing the same thing over again and expecting different results. "If" these Nigerians (who are infamous for these scams) are allowed to continue communication without any attempt(s) to cease these scams, then unfortunately "some" people will continue to belive their BS.

And so....a message to Nigeria and these scammers-go f..k yourself :).

3 hours ago, TMNH said:

These supposed (and I'm sure pretty accurate) Nigerian scammers  prey on the emotions (obviously) of women. Cyberspace romance has some red flags- especially when you are asked for money. Me? I met a Thai woman online some 7 years ago and we speak quite often. She lost her mother and her father has medical issues. She is the sole caretaker and works at a good job (comparatively). Not once, has she asked me for money, BUT I have sent her periodic transfers to help out. Again, she has never asked me for money, but since I am compassionate I have done my best to help out. I'm not rich by any means, but I am smart enough to see sincerity - even in cyberspace. To this day, nothing has changed...no requests for any money, but I continue to help when I can.

And that's the difference....using one's head and intuition to siphon out these people who ask for money. And if they do- as in this case, insanity is described as doing the same thing over again and expecting different results. "If" these Nigerians (who are infamous for these scams) are allowed to continue communication without any attempt(s) to cease these scams, then unfortunately "some" people will continue to belive their BS.

And so....a message to Nigeria and these scammers-go f..k yourself :).

Is she different ? ????

Archived