"Sweet talking farang ripped me off to the tune of 1.2 million baht", says Thai woman

webfact

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, animatic said:

Critical thinking is not properly taught here. Full stop. She should have known better, but that penny doesn’t drop till far to late in the day.

even my dog can critical think

last week, my dog got into a fight with a cat and lost, and now he is more careful with picking fights with cats

14 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

Six pages and not a single word of sympathy for the victim. Some of you grubby posters have been downright vicious in your comments. You're disgusting, you mangy dogs. Post 12 gives a likely profile of victims of scams, and greed is only one of the traits. Also, there was no mention in the article about the victim expecting a pecuniary advantage - yet some of you emphatically believe that she was. It's equally likely that she was simply seduced. Naive, gullible but ultimately without an ulterior motive. 

What a nasty and unpleasant thread. 

I guess we read differently. I saw a few sympathy posts.

33 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Who are these people? Who gives real money to someone they met online? Sorry to say, but she deserves this fate. Let this be a lesson to her.

When it come to either online dating, or real dating, take your time getting to know the individual Do not enter into an online romance. You have no idea who you are dealing with. Use the internet to make a connection, and then meet. This person may be a big baby, who only looks like a real person, but in reality is a 13 year old. There are an awful lot of emotionally undeveloped people here in LOS, and around the world. People who find it very hard to truly communicate, deal with issues, talk about problems, and work them out. Also, if they are a con artist, if they are only in it for the money, those realizations will manifest themselves over time. It is easy for the con artists, to take advantage of emotionally wounded men, and women, who seem to be willing to do anything to regain a semblance of normality in their lives, with a decent person. Time allows clarity. Never, ever move too quickly. That is the undoing of most guys here, who get into trouble with women. Be a real man. Man up. Do yourself proud. Do our gender proud. Same with women, I guess

I know there are some who will find this kind of talk offensive. How dare he say these things. Well, for those of us who refuse to lead complacent lives of weak PC madness, some of this stuff just needs to be said. I am about as politically incorrect as they come, and I love it!

and yet, how so many farangs who are educated, 20 yrs older, smart, get duped out of their life savings by someone who is "emotioanlly underdeveloped", didnt finish high school , not high iq

speaks a million words

20 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

What the hell is she wearing on her bonce !!! That made I larff 

Yeah I was thinking if she was that ugly she has to cover her face when in public its no wonder she had to pay him.  But a bit more original than a paper bag I suppose ????

20 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

The Thai tech police????

Good luck with that!

Highly trained in Cyber Security and English.

And not to mention very efficient on their new 486 computers. Case will be solved soon.

39 minutes ago, hellohello123 said:

and yet, how so many farangs who are educated, 20 yrs older, smart, get duped out of their life savings by someone who is "emotioanlly underdeveloped", didnt finish high school , not high iq

speaks a million words

True that. And I would say almost to the man, it had to do with allowing the woman to push the timetable, and not pushing back. If he had just taken his time, he might still be in possession of his life savings. He would have found out at some point what she was all about. Most women here push the guy to step up too soon. And some guys just are not educated to push back.  

22 hours ago, webfact said:

The list of victims is very long and many cases have been solved by the Thai police or have ongoing investigations

As is the list for scammed farangs....but not many cases have been resolved or even been investigated...

3 minutes ago, Toscano said:

The man was very likely African from Nigeria . There are many messages advising Thai women under NO circumstances to send money to foreign men .

They found the king of "Prince from Nigeria" scammer in Indiana.  He was a vicious old fart and looked the part too.

Nigerian scam for sure.

Unusual for them to scam Thailand people.

These scams by the Nigerians are so normal in many Western countries that most people instantly block and delete.

This ladies money has been transferred all over the world by professionally organised Nigerian scanners, cannot be traced to one individual and she has lost her money.

I hope she shares this story on Facebook and helps other hard working, honest Thailand people to be free of these despicable Nigerian scam artists.

23 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

If I had 1,000 baht for every farang male I have heard saying that, I'd be minted ! ????????????????

Who took her photo, where was the photographer standing, me think a good story, fake news, but a fun read.

23 hours ago, webfact said:

A 47 year old Thai woman has gone to the Thai tech police with a story about how she transferred more than 1.2 million baht in eight transfers to a person she now believes to be a western Romance Scammer. 

She looks fit to me.  What's her email?

Archived