"Sweet talking farang ripped me off to the tune of 1.2 million baht", says Thai woman

webfact

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well she gets no sympathy from me, makes a change from Thai women scammers, of which there are a hell of a lot.

You seem to be saying that because some Thai women may have been scammers that this woman's falling victim is justified.  That's incredibly abtruse logic.  You know something about her past, do you?

22 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Scammed by a Nigerian but blames a farang.

That's because she was led to believe that he was an American with a farang-sounding name, you can't blame her for that! 

At this stage, no one, including you, knows whether he was a farang or Nigerian even though the odds are high in favour of the latter, so she has no reason to blame a Nigerian.  Yet.

4 hours ago, HenryC said:

I love the disguise but why so upset? She was looking to embezzle his inheritance out of him long term and got her fingers burnt. Ha.

More news to put the farang in bad light when it's surely a Nigerian. If not, we got one back for the team. This pales into insignificance compared to the money and assets Thai woman have tricked western men out of over the years. They are literally world renowned for it!

Som Nam Na 

regards.

Hank

"She was looking to embezzle his inheritance out of him..."

She was?  How do you now that?

3 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

Six pages and not a single word of sympathy for the victim. Some of you grubby posters have been downright vicious in your comments. You're disgusting, you mangy dogs. Post 12 gives a likely profile of victims of scams, and greed is only one of the traits. Also, there was no mention in the article about the victim expecting a pecuniary advantage - yet some of you emphatically believe that she was. It's equally likely that she was simply seduced. Naive, gullible but ultimately without an ulterior motive. 

What a nasty and unpleasant thread. 

100% agree.  

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

As is the list for scammed farangs....but not many cases have been resolved or even been investigated...

That's because the circumstances that you're referring to have not been reported to the police as this one has.  What can you expect if your 'scam' was not serious, or real enough, to justify reporting it?

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

True that. And I would say almost to the man, it had to do with allowing the woman to push the timetable, and not pushing back. If he had just taken his time, he might still be in possession of his life savings. He would have found out at some point what she was all about. Most women here push the guy to step up too soon. And some guys just are not educated to push back.  

regardless of thailand or not, we all play the dating game (or whatever you may call it),

and for most losing $100 here or there sux but its not the end of the world,

however if it was $100k, thats life changing, so hopefully I wont end up in a similar situation,

I am embarassed to myself that every girl ive dated (in my own country) i end up lending money too in drips and drabs,

for some reason they all seem to be about $2000, its obviously in my helping nature,

but ive recently attempted to stop and have not lent anyone any money, (and its not as if Im rich either)

embarassed to say that its taken me this long to fix myself

if I am offering sympathy it is for a particular individual for whom there is no known evidence of ulterior motives and I think it is unfair for the stereotyped image of "bad" Thai women to be attributed to her personally without such evidence.

The perpetrator of the scam is the one deserving of more than what appears to be, "if he can find someone gullible or stupid enough to fall for his disgusting, cheating way of life, good luck to him"

He is the 'low life' in this affair, not her!!

58 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

That's because she was led to believe that he was an American with a farang-sounding name, you can't blame her for that! 

At this stage, no one, including you, knows whether he was a farang or Nigerian even though the odds are high in favour of the latter, so she has no reason to blame a Nigerian.  Yet.

Seems She easily believing others.

I'll repeat what I said before: this is an unpleasant thread populated by unpleasant people. All manner of conjecture has been raised about this woman accompanied by generalised denigration of all women and of Thai women inparticular. It includes insinuations that she herself is immoral, deserving of being robbed and completely stupid. In all likelihood she's a decent, hard-working individual who let her guard down and got caught up in something that got out of control. We've all been there, right?

Archived