Young climate strikers "drop dead" at Thai environment ministry

snoop1130

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

In the sticks there's no service whatsoever, they just burn the stuff.

Nah they are   starting to offer  rubbish collection, where I lived  " in the sticks"

( True Brit) they brought it in 2  years ago, the previous 5  they would  burn it, even so some of them are so tight they wont pay the 20 baht  for it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

It's all very well saying you have regular rubbish collections, but the important thing is where does it go, is it sorted into re-cycling good stuff, or is it as i suspect dumped on waste ground somewhere out of sight (for a while) or even worse in the sea rivers etc.?

I hope the re-cycling is working up here.  on one day we are asked to put out hardware , bottles tins etc, another collecting day is garden waste etc. Of course it may well end up in a pile at the local tip.

Oh garden waste does not apply to a house 10 metres away as yesterday some trees were cut down and they right now are being burnt.

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“Today we are demanding that the Thai government declare a climate emergency and stop using fossil fuel.”

reality check please.....

The Earth's axis is tilted 23.5 degrees from the plane of its orbit around the sun. But this tilt changes during a cycle , The tilt of the axis varies between 22.1 and 24.5 degrees. Because this tilt changes, the seasons as we know them become exaggerated

• Like 1
  • Haha 1