Young climate strikers "drop dead" at Thai environment ministry

snoop1130

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, RideJocky said:
6 hours ago, Camillof said:
This is all to be demonstrated, especially the "better" part. Then of course people may have different opinions on what makes life good and worth living.

For me it’s family and friends

Then why all of this hostility towards climate protesters? How are they threatening your family, your friends, or even yourself? What are you so afraid of? Where does the animosity come from? What is it you are so afraid you might have to give up?

4 hours ago, RideJocky said:

what makes life good for you, fighting the good fight?

The more you dare presuming about someone you never met before, the more you reveal about yourself.

[emoji120][emoji120][emoji120] being passionate about arresting a global issue is never a bad thing. All you jaded old farts can off... 

Not sure about the old farts bit, I’m 67. One thing that really worries me though is the amount of whinging, ignorance and racism that perpetuates throughout TV. I don’t understand why they are living in Thailand when they obviously hate Asians, continually talk up their failing homelands, whinge about the heat, the women, the food etc etc. it just goes on and on. I wish they would go back to wonderful homelands and let those that love it here enjoy it. By the way I’m not directing this at you, I think it’s fantastic what the school kids are doing. It reminds me when I was their age and stood up to the stupidity that abounded and still does.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, zhounan said:

Global warming is an HOAX. I would like to advise all these brainwashed kids, regime journalists, VIPs to read Agenda 21, an official document by United Nations.

Agenda21, Sustainable Development for the XXI century

Make yourself comfortable, enjoy your reading.

Thank you but it's some 350 pages of a 27 years old document. You wouldn't really expect participants in this negligible discussion to start reading it page by page, would you? Since you are so well informed why don't you save us all a lot of time by summarizing the main points in support of your thesis? Bearing in mind that it is 27 years old, please... Or at least point to us the 2 or 3 most salient pages to focus on ????

59 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

I don’t have a lot to hide, you?

Pertinent to this discussion is just one single point: our respective consuming habits. On this point I feel covered on all sides, don't worry. No need to annoy other participants on details of how I do this or that, there's plenty of publicly available material around on how to adjust one's consuming habits in a responsible way. You global warming deniers in general should start adapting your consuming habits as well, instead of grumbling against whoever manages to make you feel guilty on this regard. Because that's the simple naked truth: deep down, global warming deniers in general feel guilty about their own consuming habits. That's what all the animosity comes from: nothing hurts like the truth, as simple as that.

Pertinent to this discussion is just one single point: our respective consuming habits. On this point I feel covered on all sides, don't worry. No need to annoy other participants on details of how I do this or that, there's plenty of publicly available material around on how to adjust one's consuming habits in a responsible way. You global warming deniers in general should start adapting your consuming habits as well, instead of grumbling against whoever manages to make you feel guilty on this regard. Because that's the simple naked truth: deep down, global warming deniers in general feel guilty about their own consuming habits. That's what all the animosity comes from: nothing hurts like the truth, as simple as that.

Where have I denied global warming? I have not, and do not.

You make a lot assumptions about others, but I’m guessing you’re just projecting your own issues on to them.

Your claim of my animosity is a good example. I have no animosity towards the kids protesting. I think it’s silly, but I wish them no ill will. You just make it up as you go along huh?

I don’t care what you or others what to do to do with your own lives, except that it always seems to interfere with how I want to live, and how I want my children to live. You seem to want what you want for everyone regardless of what they want.

You mostly dodge questions and make stuff up. That says pretty much everything about you. I won’t call you a liar because I believe you make the same foolish assumptions about everyone you disagree with.

10 hours ago, Camillof said:

That's the optimistic scenario. A more realistic one would be that most of the planet will "slowly" become uninhabitable, surviving people will keep squashing tighter and tighter, among ever worsening famines and wars, on the remaining habitable parts, until also those parts will become uninhabitable and human kind will eventually free from its noxious presence the scorched and flooded wreck of this beautiful planet. Then there's the pessimistic scenario: same as above, but not so "slowly". So: no, human life will not go on.

How do you call that realistic ? You are just guessing, reading too many comments from so called "experts".  Maybe seen to many sci-fi movies. 

I agree that a nuclear disaster could end human life , if Hiroshima happens again in a big scale.  But that's up to us humans to avoid. We should be more worried about rocket attacks than a climate change. 

The climate will not suddenly change , it will adapt. And people will adapt. 

What we should be worried about is the atomic or hydrogen bomb, we should be worried about evil leaders who could kill us all. 
That should be the main focus.

The climate is just a part of our world and we can stop polluting it , reduce plastic and all that , everyone agrees to that , we do not need a hysteric cry from Greta Garbo. it will only scare teenagers and they will end up sick and afraid of everything. 

a-nuclear-explosion-at-mururoa-in-france

32 minutes ago, balo said:

What we should be worried about is the atomic or hydrogen bomb, we should be worried about evil leaders who could kill us all. 

Killing all would be very hard, you'd have to nuke every nook and cranny. Dirty bombs or a zombie apocalypse type thing might do it. Humans are quite resilient and adaptive, not quite as good as cockroaches but as animals humans would adapt and evolve to almost anything.

I think the easiest way to get rid of humans is to destroy our food sources. We're pretty good at it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocene_extinction

All grumpy haters participating in the discussion: deniers, not deniers, weathercrocks and alike, are kindly invited to adjust their consuming habits and shut up. We're all on the same boat and that's the only thing that counts when it comes to protecting the environment. This topic is about protecting the environment in case you didn't notice, and about world leaders in general, or Thai leaders in particular, not doing their homework in this regard. Your continuous attempts to divert attention towards unrelated topics (the atomic bomb, oh really, what a surprise), unwitty remarks about plastic bags etc, childish personal attacks ("what did you give up?"), are just fried air here. So shut up in this topic please; or produce evidence that world leaders or Thai leaders are actually doing all that can be done to protect the environment. We don't need "hysteric cry from Greta Garbo"? Prove it! On the contrary: we need a lot more of it, unfortunately. Follow the news: the bad scenario is already happening, although perhaps not yet under your very nose.

2 hours ago, Camillof said:

All grumpy haters participating in the discussion: deniers, not deniers, weathercrocks and alike, are kindly invited to adjust their consuming habits and shut up. 

Pass. What I'll do instead is advocate a real solution, reducing the number of humans on this planet: https://populationmatters.org/ . After that there'll be enough resources for me to have my chateaubriand with the delicious side of a wailing chorus of vegans - what's left of them.

considering you can guarantee that all these kids have mobile phones, that they use plastic bags and discard them, use a multitude of other climate unfriendly goods every day and may even just drop their rubbish on the ground you start to realize what hypocrites they all are. While doing these stunts all seems like good fun the actuality of what they are claiming goes right over their heads as they will never stop what they are already doing/using which adds the the problem, most would not even be aware of it

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

Pass. What I'll do instead is advocate a real solution, reducing the number of humans on this planet: https://populationmatters.org/ . After that there'll be enough resources for me to have my chateaubriand with the delicious side of a wailing chorus of vegans - what's left of them.

At least you're being more honest than others about the selfish couldn't-care-less attitude that's the real reason behind their reserve to change habits. I wish they were all equally frank instead of chaining up pointless pretexts one after the other. As to reducing number of humans on this planet in a smooth gradual way, you couldn't find a stronger supporter than me to such an indisputable necessity. Problem is, world leaders aren't starting anything serious in that direction, either. Got it or not yet? So do go ahead and advocate for it louder and louder if you can, please. You already gave us your personal antidote to what you deem as being "BS": thank you. Will you now start something useful too?

19 minutes ago, Camillof said:

At least you're being more honest than others about the selfish couldn't-care-less attitude that's the real reason behind their reserve to change habits. I wish they were all equally frank instead of chaining up pointless pretexts one after the other. As to reducing number of humans on this planet in a smooth gradual way, you couldn't find a stronger supporter than me to such an indisputable necessity. Problem is, world leaders aren't starting anything serious in that direction, either. Got it or not yet? So do go ahead and advocate for it louder and louder if you can, please. You already gave us your personal antidote to what you deem as being "BS": thank you. Will you now start something useful too?

We know that the population explosion will diminish in time.

For example-my Thai M-I-L was one of 13 children who survived-and 4 that didn't.

Nevertheless her offspring-2 girls and 3 boys-did not have more than 2 each.

The conditions of such a levelling off are perfectly plain and well documented..

Relatively wealth

Relative political stability

Relative lack of corruption-including police and armed forces

Decent medical care

and some (albeit modest) form of social security.

Asia is reaching that plateau now-Africa will follow if the above conditions are put in place.

Meanwhile a bountiful world can feed us all-and does-the great despoliation of the earth is based on greed and not necessity.

1 hour ago, seajae said:

considering you can guarantee that all these kids have mobile phones, that they use plastic bags and discard them, use a multitude of other climate unfriendly goods every day and may even just drop their rubbish on the ground you start to realize what hypocrites they all are. While doing these stunts all seems like good fun the actuality of what they are claiming goes right over their heads as they will never stop what they are already doing/using which adds the the problem, most would not even be aware of it

So what's your point? Even assuming that part of your claim was true, would that justify world authorities for doing nothing to change massive irresponsible behaviours? Or are you yet another one of those who try exploiting this kind of prejudice as an alibi for justifying themselves? Sorry for asking but it's not clear from your post. If it is for the personal alibi, it's a rather worn-out one, you know.

1 hour ago, Camillof said:

Will you now start something useful too?

Yes, I preach the gospel of population control to anybody who cares to listen. One of the factors Odysseys123 didn't mention there is education. Results with that in Africa haven't really been good, though. 

All grumpy haters participating in the discussion: deniers, not deniers, weathercrocks and alike, are kindly invited to adjust their consuming habits and shut up. We're all on the same boat and that's the only thing that counts when it comes to protecting the environment. This topic is about protecting the environment in case you didn't notice, and about world leaders in general, or Thai leaders in particular, not doing their homework in this regard. Your continuous attempts to divert attention towards unrelated topics (the atomic bomb, oh really, what a surprise), unwitty remarks about plastic bags etc, childish personal attacks ("what did you give up?"), are just fried air here. So shut up in this topic please; or produce evidence that world leaders or Thai leaders are actually doing all that can be done to protect the environment. We don't need "hysteric cry from Greta Garbo"? Prove it! On the contrary: we need a lot more of it, unfortunately. Follow the news: the bad scenario is already happening, although perhaps not yet under your very nose.

You sound very much like a grumpy hater. Remember, every time you point a finger three more point back at you...

Still you answer no questions and continue making things up about people you no nothing about.

Yes, we’re all in the same boat, but why is it your decision which way we’re going?

Why do you get to tell me how to live?

What is it you want governments to do that will save the world?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2019 at 7:17 PM, RickBradford said:

I think it's more likely to translate into concrete solutions such as new shopping malls, condos and elevated highways.

The world is really in trouble if we start taking instructions from ignorant narcissists like these.

Like Trump.

On 9/24/2019 at 4:47 PM, Camillof said:

Thank you but it's some 350 pages of a 27 years old document. You wouldn't really expect participants in this negligible discussion to start reading it page by page, would you? Since you are so well informed why don't you save us all a lot of time by summarizing the main points in support of your thesis? Bearing in mind that it is 27 years old, please... Or at least point to us the 2 or 3 most salient pages to focus on ????

Objectives9.11.The basic and ultimate objective of this programme area is to reduce adverse effects on the atmosphere from the energy sector by promoting policies or programmes, as appropriate, to increase the contribution of environmentally sound and cost-effective energy systems, particularly new and renewable ones, through less polluting and more efficient energy production, transmission, distribution and use.

On 9/24/2019 at 9:27 AM, Camillof said:

OK but that's not the point, the point is survival of human kind.

That's the optimistic scenario. A more realistic one would be that most of the planet will "slowly" become uninhabitable, surviving people will keep squashing tighter and tighter, among ever worsening famines and wars, on the remaining habitable parts, until also those parts will become uninhabitable and human kind will eventually free from its noxious presence the scorched and flooded wreck of this beautiful planet. Then there's the pessimistic scenario: same as above, but not so "slowly". So: no, human life will not go on. As a great historian once wrote: "Nature had the first word. It will have also the last one".

All of this mostly due to the triumph of the large scale republican model which, in just about 250 years (less than a nanosecond in astronomical terms) brought humanity back to a point of uncivilized state, where it isn't even able to deal with a question as elementary as the correct use of plastic bags. Someone should explain this to those brave kids whose only fault is to have been born in the wrong age.

so to summarize your world view:

end is nigh, and its because of democracy ?

also curious about the slip 'born in the wrong age'

what is wrong with this age ?

Archived