Young climate strikers "drop dead" at Thai environment ministry

snoop1130

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“So what’s the point of studying in school if the world’s gonna be gone?”

Your future in Thailand has already gone up in smoke...Prayut and the corrupt system will see to that.
Learn another language that will open up options and get out as soon a you can !

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, as a sensible and rational individual, couldn't we agree that both of these areas create their own set of environmental issues that need to be dealt with, sooner or later? 

No 

Two completely seperate issues and need to be addressed seperately. 

17 hours ago, RickBradford said:

I think it's more likely to translate into concrete solutions such as new shopping malls, condos and elevated highways.

The world is really in trouble if we start taking instructions from ignorant narcissists like these.

Your glass is always half empty 

15 hours ago, CaptainNemo said:

My experience work, and it is related is that environmental stuff has made an impact.

Ironically, on oceanographic ships, full of scientists, people chuck things over the side without caring a toss; but move to an oil & gas industry ship and try the same thing, and you're toast.

This, I think, is indicative of where the solutions lie. Countries that do well out of tourism need to stay pretty or they feel it in the wallet when people go elsewhere. In Thailand you get your bins emptied and your recycling picked up very frequently; in the UK they bleed you dry with tax and leave it a fortnight.

Some of the solution is about compelling manufacturers to change their packaging and manufacturing, and that's where legislation comes in, but individuals are incredibly lazy and most of the domestic recycling you do in the west is a complete waste of time, as it's contaminated anyway.

Young activists aren't foregoing the lifestyle and the pollution it brings; but at a job, you need or want the money, or if a business you don't want to pay fines or extra costs, and money talks. It's not clear what specific policies these protesters want changed, but they might not like the price of environmentalism.

Yet another glass half full poster , you think thailand is pretty ? Look at al the garbage all over the streets , look at the airpolution from cars and burnings and look at the water quality and plastic dumped in the water everywhere . Maybe you should think again before posting i think these children are a start and i think they would rather pay a lot more tax when there is realy something dine about the problems , then just let it go on like this and suffer the coseqeunces in their or their childrens lifetimes .

1 hour ago, pattayapip said:

Copied no doubt from the oil conglomerates think tank to provide disinformation.

Here is a rebuff 

https://onsolution.com.au/blog/to-all-the-school-kids-going-on-strike-for-climate-change-have-you-actually-thought-about-what-you-are-saying/

Copied from a post on FB . . . .

To all the school kids going on 'strike' for Climate Change:
You are the first generation who have required air-conditioning in every classroom.
You want TV in every room and your classes are all computerised.
You spend all day and night on electronic devices.
More than ever, you don't walk or ride bikes to school but arrive in caravans of private cars that choke local roads and worsen rush hour traffic.
You are the biggest consumers of manufactured goods ever and update perfectly good expensive luxury items to stay trendy,
Your entertainment comes from electric devices.
Furthermore, the people driving your protests are the same people who insist on artificially inflating the population growth through immigration, which increases the need for energy, manufacturing and transport.
The more people we have, the more forest and bushland we clear and more of the environment is destroyed.
How about this...
Tell your teachers to switch off the air-con.
Walk or ride to school. Switch off your devices and read a book.
Make a sandwich instead of buying manufactured fast food.
No, none of this will happen because you are selfish, badly educated, virtue signalling little 'princesses', inspired by the adults around you who crave a feeling of having a 'noble cause' while they indulge themselves in Western luxury and unprecedented quality of life.
Wake up, grow up and learn to research facts and think for yourself and not blindly accept the words and thoughts of others - I don't think you formulated this action plan all by your self - suspect you may have had some influence and 'guidance' from those you trust ....a word of warning, be cautious of the influence of the 'left' because there may be a time in the future that you will be the ones left out...

Written I surmise, by the global oil think tanks, to dissuade and hide the problems highlighted, real thinking and keep their dirty profits.

look at cm during the burning season  wearing mask at that time. plastic issue all  has some effect..young kids and thais will not change their ways.they will still do what they do like everyone else,anywhere in the world.but not as bad as other countries  where many did the same

What a bunch of braindead wallies, just like sheep followers.

A UN/IPPC wealth redistribution initiative based around a CC hoax and these kids like many around the world have fallen for it hook line and sinker.

I often wonder whether people have the mental ability to look at both sides of real diverse scientific facts.....not worthless data garbage models and come to an unbiased decision.  

Well now it's a global religion so there is no turning these billy goats back............two things you cannot argue and get a consensus on, politics and religion.

Great leftist liberal scam to divide nations and their people..........all started by that useless moron Al Gore ......... who's only goal was to make a s### load of $$$$ from his Inconvenient Truth or should I say Lies

Interesting Inconvenient means: Incomplete, Inappropriate, Problematic .............. and Annoying, the later describes Al Gore to a tee, dam annoying!

His legacy after he kicks the bucket will be; one of the worst divisive individuals the world has known that perpetrated one of the greatest hoaxes on mankind and endeavoured to destroy the world's economies.  

Maybe they might lay him to rest under a wind turbine generator, he may still have enough hot air in his lungs to spin the blades for a few years.....555555

18 hours ago, fforest1 said:

They are getting the kids brainwashed at a young age these days....Sorry kids but global warming is a hoax....And the #1 solution to global warming is raising lots and lots of taxes....

There once was a Thaivisa t*oll,

Who made the sensible lol,

They said global heat,

Was simply a cheat,

And thought we'd find it tres drole.

Rooster

19 hours ago, fforest1 said:

They are getting the kids brainwashed at a young age these days....Sorry kids but global warming is a hoax....And the #1 solution to global warming is raising lots and lots of taxes....

I'm in the U.K. right now, on the way to work and listening to radio 4 farming today, the farmer is saying they maybe need GMO, food not to grow bigger food but for drought resistant as in the past few years his wheat crops have been 20-25% less every year due to weather factors. That's a big number if it's global, which it is. 

19 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Ain't that Right,,,,,     ????

3 hours ago, Crustyhk said:

Two completely seperate issues and need to be addressed seperately.

you could look at them as separate issues but it is an indisputable fact that plastic is made from oil. so keeping the oil in the ground would actually solve both problems at once.

Well it’s one way of joining a cult .. however perhaps someone should inform these kids that if it weren’t for climate change the life on earth would not even exist ... doesn’t anyone learn science and microbiology anymore? 

Seems kids ids are getting used in a bigger game plan because their is big money at the roots of all manipulation!! 

7 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Demonstrate against litter, plastic bag production and deforestation.   Climate change is a political too for controlling Muppets.  Try something that benefits everyone excluding politicians and crazy far left professors.

Another benefit is you can actually measure the effectiveness for measures against litter, plastic bag production and deforestation. Climate change, well dear Don Quixote, yes, it changes and has always changed. Man made? I'm willing to bet if we go back to stone age tomorrow, it's still going to change just the same. 

BTW I just realized my daughter just came back from a beach cleaning job. I'm going to treat her a steak.

3 hours ago, Barry343 said:

Why don't they all go to either India or China and protest at there Parliament Houses and see what response they would

get? 

Image may contain: text

Well, probably because if the went to China they'd promptly disappear. They don't tolerate protests well. India, I doubt you could spot a protest in the middle of the normal day.

And of course you want all that cheap Chinese junk. Chinese pollution, not a western ploplem, must be different atmosphere.

5 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

With climate change which seems to be the 'in topic' right now  and currently there are mass demonstrations all over the place, people especially the younger generation seem to believe that humans are major cause of the climate changing and even famous historian/explorers like David Attenborough seemed to have jumped on the band wagon. 

Tactical moves I think. The money is in climate change, if they divert it to fighting pollution after they get it using the latest viral hubbah, I'm fine with it. But don't use it for any trendy social media BS.

8 hours ago, Snackbar said:

What a bunch of clowns, haven’t a clue what they are demanding.

The demands made to the Thai government were quite clear:

1) declare climate emergency

2) coal phase-out

3) 50% renewable energy share by 2025, and 100% by 2040

21 hours ago, RickBradford said:

I think it's more likely to translate into concrete solutions such as new shopping malls, condos and elevated highways.

You are unfortunately right. The simple thing had been to cut our consumerism and the world leaders, business leaders, teachers and parents start off. The rest is a f%^&&*$# show in a world of more to get attention so the onlookers shall believe something is done by their respective leaders.

4 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

What you have is scientists agreeing man made climate change is an excellent way to fund your work.

so you believe tens of thousands of scientists have all decided to agree that climate change is man-made in order to keep their funding? sounds a bit like - how shall I put it - a conspiracy theory?

The consensus is explained in the article linked below, it seems unlikely there is a profit motive (on this side of the argument at least):

https://thebulletin.org/2019/08/millions-of-times-later-97-percent-climate-consensus-still-faces-denial/

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Just keep your head in the sand. That way you will never have to change you ways, take care of anything properly, or take any responsibility. You are amongst many millions who refuse to acknowledge personal responsibility, for stewardship of this amazing, wonderful, and very fragile planet. The industries love your type.

What did you do to save the planet today?

5 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

What did you do to save the planet today?

I know it is a small thing. But:

1. I bring re-usable bags with me every time I go shopping. I use the larger shopping bags I buy in the US, which are made of recycled materials. Most of the clerks have to be dealt with. Even when they see my bag, they still start putting the stuff in plastic. I always mai sai toom. No plastic! Then they start loading up my bag. Most look at me like I am from Mars. Do I care? Not one iota. About 1% thank me, and get it. Not many do. My Thai wife does not like bringing the bags to the store. I force her to. By now, she expects it, and sometimes even asks if I have any bags in the car, or on the motorbike. Same with the water bottles. It used to embarrass her. Now, it is second nature, as I have been doing this for so long, she expects it. So, if a Thai can be conditioned to follow these simple principals, then anyone can.

2. I bring a bottle of water with me, every time I go to a restaurant. I refill my plastic bottles from the 20 liter bottles at home. It is easy. I never buy bottled water at a restaurant. This saves 300-600 bottles a year. I use a plastic bottle dozens of times. I never get any flack from the restaurants. Only once did someone say something to me. She said you cannot bring you own water. My response was if you serve the water in a glass bottle, and I do not have to consume a plastic bottle, I am happy to pay for that. She was lost. I told her to leave and get me my food. She went away. 

We simply cannot say we are concerned about the environment, and then do nothing about it. Action demonstrates commitment. Lack of action demonstrates nothing. 

Lastly, restaurants can demonstrate their commitment, by serving drinking water from the 20 liter bottles. It saves alot of plastic. They lose a small amount of revenue, by not selling thousands of bottles of water. But, their operation is still profitable, and they are making a real difference. There really is not need to be consuming water in plastic bottles. At least not often. There are alternatives. Those damn bottles are a real culprit, when it comes to fouling the environment. What can we do, if we say we care?

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

Well, probably because if the went to China they'd promptly disappear. They don't tolerate protests well. India, I doubt you could spot a protest in the middle of the normal day.

And of course you want all that cheap Chinese junk. Chinese pollution, not a western ploplem, must be different atmosphere.

All that coal being burnt in China, India etc. Where do you think they get some of it from? Australian exported over 70 billion Ozzy dollars of the stuff in 2018. Do you really think the government is seriously going to shut down that little earner? 

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

We simply cannot say we are concerned about the environment, and then do nothing about it. Action demonstrates commitment. Lack of action demonstrates nothing. 

Cool. I do the same as you, sometimes more, sometimes less, but I refuse to stand silent while a bunch of neo Marxist enviro fascists gin up a fake "climate crisis" to seize political power and ultimately, kill millions.

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Cool. I do the same as you, sometimes more, sometimes less, but I refuse to stand silent while a bunch of neo Marxist enviro fascists gin up a fake "climate crisis" to seize political power and ultimately, kill millions.

Phew..

Makes Gary Larsen look like a dull bore.

I guess that when Australia ran out of prisons the rest of the world elected to send the "black sheep" to Thailand.

After all,who would notice?

23 hours ago, scavenger said:

Environmental awareness, and as part of a global community effort to boot! I hope this also translates into concrete actions, such as refusing plastic bags, walking rather than take a motorcycle taxi, switch to a vegetarian diet, bring their reusable bottle to the coffee shop and enjoy that iced coffee without a straw, and so on. 

And of course no i-phones no TV and no electricity or  Air con  in their bedrooms or classrooms ! Just spoilt rich brats !  I wonder how many kids had the day off to protest in the struggling villages up north ? I'll bet these rich brats go to an international school where all the lefty teachers encouraged them to support this lefty scam ! Time to closely scrutinise the credentials of all these trendy Marxist teachers employed by international schools I think ! Come on Immigration protect your people !

Archived