Young climate strikers "drop dead" at Thai environment ministry

snoop1130

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, chrisb said:

so you believe tens of thousands of scientists have all decided to agree that climate change is man-made in order to keep their funding? sounds a bit like - how shall I put it - a conspiracy theory?

I'm quite familiar with how grants and other financing for researchers are done, having applied for some in the past. The funkier BS you can think of, the more cash you get. Everybody and their dead uncle does it.

9 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

???????????? being passionate about arresting a global issue is never a bad thing. All you jaded old farts can <deleted> off... 

And here's where it turns into a fundamentalist religion. First you need an evil adversary, old farts will do nicely. Then do a dogma, hey presto climate change. All you now need to do is enlarge the congregation and whatdo you know, Profit. Bonus points for destroying the enemy. 

So CC is the newst addition to the feminist-leftist-alphabet category of isms. Same same but different, often I hope they'd get their emotional kicks from LSD rather than foaming at the perceived enemies. Lot less carnage and more fluffy unicorns.

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

I'm quite familiar with how grants and other financing for researchers are done, having applied for some in the past. The funkier BS you can think of, the more cash you get. Everybody and their dead uncle does it.

Many more would post here (millions of 'em) if they were not camped outside of Area 51 desperate for a Zoomie Burger just now.

Nevertheless one must give them credit for their courage,grit and intellectual endeavour-as I salute every contributor from the United States of Paranoia.

7 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Many more would post here (millions of 'em) if they were not camped outside of Area 51 desperate for a Zoomie Burger just now.

Nevertheless one must give them credit for their courage,grit and intellectual endeavour-as I salute every contributor from the United States of Paranoia.

Oh the alien theory is well proven. Only Thais are humans, the rest of us are aliens.

34 minutes ago, john ianson said:

And of course no i-phones no TV and no electricity or  Air con  in their bedrooms or classrooms ! Just spoilt rich brats !  I wonder how many kids had the day off to protest in the struggling villages up north ? I'll bet these rich brats go to an international school where all the lefty teachers encouraged them to support this lefty scam ! Time to closely scrutinise the credentials of all these trendy Marxist teachers employed by international schools I think ! Come on Immigration protect your people !

Hmmm..runs very close to Runnymede,Milton and the Declaration of Independence in utter incomprehensibility...

Perhaps I should throw in Finnegan's Wake too.

2 hours ago, chrisb said:

not the only way, we also have science to help us out: https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

The problem with all the “absolute” evidence from scientists is that I’ve been here long enough to have heard gloom and doom from them before. 

You see I’m a survivor of the world ending hole in the ozone layer that killed billions of people. 

Not too many of the scientists are willing to state the bleeding obvious which is sea levels are hundreds of metres lower than they were millions of years ago. So if they’re rising at all they’re on potentially on the way back to normal. 

The climate change theory is like the topic in a Facebook group. If you agree with the topic you’ll be taken under their wing a receive no criticism. Dare to disagree and they will set upon you like piranhas. You do that on a big enough scale and you change world opinions. No matter if they’re right or wrong

55 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Since it's now a religion and there's a 97% concensus, I'm curious what was the consensus on earth being flat in 1616 when Galileo was thrown in the slammer? 99%?

You’re right he was thrown in the slammer where he died after 9 years. But his crime was to publish his theory that the earth revolved around the sun instead of the “scientific” view of the church that everything in the universe rotated around earth. 

11 hours ago, wombat said:

reality check please.....

The Earth's axis is tilted 23.5 degrees from the plane of its orbit around the sun. But this tilt changes during a cycle , The tilt of the axis varies between 22.1 and 24.5 degrees. Because this tilt changes, the seasons as we know them become exaggerated

And that  definitely explains all the  plastic <deleted>  in the oceans and on the beaches !

If the world  did  not  rotate as it does  pollution would  be  spun conveniently off  into space!

Geographical weather patterns would  be  stable and people  could  choose  a place to  stay according to a fixed  menu  just  like  the  breakfast  menu in the  Hotel of  choice !

Get fnn  real!

On 9/20/2019 at 6:09 PM, fforest1 said:

They are getting the kids brainwashed at a young age these days....Sorry kids but global warming is a hoax....And the #1 solution to global warming is raising lots and lots of taxes....

Exactly right... These Dumbed Down Kids are being brainwashed from School ... Do they not realise it’s such a complete made up fictional HOAX that they’ve been forced to change its name as the Outrageous predictions on which it’s all based were BLATENTLY untrue!!!

yup It’s to  livingUsher in 5 G, Higher Taxes, Reduce our Freedoms and Bring in the Banksters Carbon Credit System of CASHLESS 

these Are like TURKEYS voting for XMAS

17 hours ago, Barry343 said:

Why don't they all go to either India or China and protest at there Parliament Houses and see what response they would

get? 

Image may contain: text

Nice try ;+)

Emmissions per capita....... 

Australia 15.4

India 1.7

China 7.5

and to give some context.............

UK 6.5

USA 16.5 

On 9/20/2019 at 6:09 PM, fforest1 said:

They are getting the kids brainwashed at a young age these days....Sorry kids but global warming is a hoax....And the #1 solution to global warming is raising lots and lots of taxes....

It's not a hoax, it's a real problem, hoax is how the governments approached the problem. You should research a little and not only repeat what you read elsewhere.

It's not a hoax, it's a real problem, hoax is how the governments approached the problem. You should research a little and not only repeat what you read elsewhere.

Isn’t researching just reading something elsewhere, or are we all supposed to walk around checking the temperature?

Aren’t you just repeating what you read elsewhere?

14 hours ago, DrTuner said:

You too? I never quite did figure out where they hid the bodies. Area 51, probably.

Yeah I still have all that expensive North Face Expedition Gear I bought for the Ice Age

1 hour ago, Tyrant said:

Ever hear of Michael Mann? 

If people really think the world as we know it will end in twelve years as the coasts are all reclaimed by the oceans, why do they continue to buy beachfront property?

If I was a kid that believed my life was going to end in twelve years, I don’t know that I’d wasting a lot of time at protesting, although I bet it’s a great way to pull the gash....

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

What really baffles me is there is absolute an undeniable proof that sea levels were hundreds of metres higher during the Cretaceous period some 100 million years ago. What proof? Fossils of marine life are regularly found in central Australia some 2000km from the current coastline. It was covered by the ocean. Yet a large portion of the population on this planet are running around claiming sea levels are rising and it’s our fault. 

Sea levels have been rising and falling for many millions of years and they have an awfully long way to go to get back to where they originally were. 

19 hours ago, Crustyhk said:

But his crime was to publish his theory that the earth revolved around the sun instead of the “scientific” view of the church that everything in the universe rotated around earth. 

Sounds a lot like a scientific view of the climate obeying a cooked up computer model that takes into account very few variables. Need to have faith and the church of climate change is here to fulfill the need.

Archived