marriage visa ,800,000 in bank in case refused?

In January my yearly comes up, but i am going to go for a marriage extension instead,as i dont wont to leave 400k sitting there unable to use if i want to or in an emergancy , should i put 800,000 in the bank ,just in case its refused and i have to go back on retirement ?,,or am i being silly. 

one other thing i mentioned before and i am not sure if it will be ok in Jomtien ,is that we were married in the UK .all paperwork has been translated ,authenticated no problem ,but on my marriage certificate i have two middle names as on my birth certificate, but everything else ,passport ,bank cards etc etc just have my first and last name on them, i know some immegration say nothing any ideas about Jomtien ,

thanks in advance . 

• Haha 1

Yes (is a good reserve option ) , but maybe they would / could look for a reason to switch you anyway to the 800 k in bank as they see the bank amount  as it is more easy job for them as even for you ...

• Thanks 2

As long as you have a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry you will not have a problem getting the extension of stay. Immigration will not  make a problem about your name on the marriage certificate.
If you want to keep the additional funds to be able to apply for retirement I suggest you have it in a different bank account than the 400k baht for the the extension based upon marriage. Perhaps put 100k baht in another account so they don't see a total 800k baht. Immigration might try pushing you to retirement and or make it more difficult to get the extension based upon marriage. That has happened before.
Thanks Ubonjoe,yes i do have another account with enough in ,but i thought it had to be in one account only, i have done retirement ever since we got here ,its just i think why should i tie the money up for ever ,when i can do a marriage visa,i have a kor ror 22 ,they just did not put my passport no on it because it only had my first and last name,not my middle names,which i havnt used for ever.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

I can recall your posts about having the middle name problem. I am sure immigration will not even notice it or say anything about it.
The Kor Ror 2 for my marriage here does not have my passport number on it. Just several X's instead of a number. 
Same as mine ,thanks.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

If it is possible to get 2 letters from the bank -that may be the way to go

1st letter covers marriage

2nd covers retirement

If necessary use 2 separate banks.

As stated earlier 800K in the bank  could eliminate the marriage visa option.

If 1st letter only shows say 500K then marriage should be simple

I would use a 2nd bank and deposit 500K

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Matzzon said:

If everything is registered and ok with your marriage and you provide Immigration with the documents they ask for, why would you have to worry about a denial of extension based up on marriage?

Everything is registered ,but as i have never gone down this route before and after reading so many stories on T.V i was just wondering ,oh and the fact that my middle names are on my marriage certificate .but not my passport .

On 9/20/2019 at 6:16 PM, david555 said:

Yes (is a good reserve option ) , but maybe they would / could look for a reason to switch you anyway to the 800 k in bank as they see the bank amount  as it is more easy job for them as even for you ...

Why make it easy for them ? yes there is more paperwork involved but on leaving the IO i felt some smug feelings as they were still only beginning  processing my 60  copies. ???? But as you are concerned about your marriage cert why not simply go to your IO and ask THEM.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Everything is registered ,but as i have never gone down this route before and after reading so many stories on T.V i was just wondering ,oh and the fact that my middle names are on my marriage certificate .but not my passport .

Ok, there are always stuff to worry about I guess. Strange, how can you have a passport without your full name?