Thanathorn richest MP, while Bhumjaithai had 3 MPs in top 4 richest: NACC

snoop1130

By The Nation

800_27a9c968d07864a.jpg

The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) on Friday (September 20) reported the personal finances of 80 members of the House of Representatives, 79 of whom were signed in after the March election, and one of whom recently resigned from the position.

This personal finances report is an addition to the NACC’s previous report of 415 MPs who had earlier submitted their asset lists in July.

Notable MPs whose assets and debts were revealed today include Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit, leader of Future Forward Party (FFP); Pannika Wanich, the FFP spokesperson, Piyabutr Saengkanokkul, the FFP secretary-general; Parina Kraikup, an MP of Phalang Pracharat Party from Ratchaburi province, and Mongkolkit Suksintharanon, a party list MP and leader of Thai Civilized Party.

The two reports combined found Thanathorn was the wealthiest MP, with Bt5.63 billion in assets and Bt683 million in debts (shared with his spouse.) The second richest was Bhumjaithai party-list MP Nathee Ratchakitprakarn, with a shared Bt4.67 billion in assets and Bt177 million in debts. Third on the wealth list is Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anuthin Chanwirakun, another Bhumjaithai party-list MP, who with his spouse claimed Bt4.19 billion in assets and Bt50 million in debts.

Satun MP Phibul Ratchakitprakarn, also of Bhumjaithai Party, had Bt2.38 billion in assets shared with his spouse and Bt42 million worth of debt. Industry Minister Suriya Juangroongruangkit, coming in fifth place, was the richest MP in the government coalition-leading Phalang Pracharat Party, claiming with his spouse Bt2.19 billion in assets and Bt0.6 million in debts.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30376484

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-09-20

34 minutes ago, Totoandlilly said:

I have had Thais told me that Prayut and prawits net worth is 100s of billions of baht each, they have been with their hands in the candy bowl for to long.

Well we know Prawit's wealth would be on loan from the deceased

41 minutes ago, Totoandlilly said:

I have had Thais told me that Prayut and prawits net worth is 100s of billions of baht each, they have been with their hands in the candy bowl for to long.

I have had thais tell me the earth is flat ….  lol

please show me some proof of your assumption so I can judge accordingly. 

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The second richest was Bhumjaithai party-list MP Nathee Ratchakitprakarn,

Interesting! In July 2019 Mrs. Nathee Ratchakitprakarn was give a one month suspended jail sentence and banned from politics for 5 years. She lost her status as an MP for making false declarations in 2011 regarding her assets. She was replaced by Dr. Settapong Malisuwan. So why does this buffalo get a mention? 

Her husband is the idiot presently running the Tourism Ministry and making a complete mess of it. 

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bhumjaithai-mp-stripped-of-mp-status-and-banned-from-politics-for-5-years/

8 hours ago, Cadbury said:

In July 2019 Mrs. Nathee Ratchakitprakarn was give a one month suspended jail sentence and banned from politics for 5 years. She lost her status as an MP for making false declarations in 2011 regarding her assets

Maybe she is this one.

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

and one of whom recently resigned from the position.

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

I have had thais tell me the earth is flat ….  lol

please show me some proof of your assumption so I can judge accordingly. 

The paper that cannot be named listed Prawit's assets and showed his bank balance had increased FIVE million for each of the previous SIX years on an annual stipend of under ONE million.  This was several years back.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

It's a question I have been asking myself for a long time now, how is it possible for individuals who have never done anything in their lives to swim in a sea of money while those who have worked hard for a lifetime have the minimum necessary to survive, others even than this!

1 hour ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

FFP leader might be the richest but he's connected to people more than all the others combined. FFP fella walked into my local bar in CM recently with his pal, drank whiskey and spoke with everyone. Good guy.

A person with this amount of money cannot be a good person.

2 hours ago, 30la said:

It's a question I have been asking myself for a long time now, how is it possible for individuals who have never done anything in their lives to swim in a sea of money while those who have worked hard for a lifetime have the minimum necessary to survive, others even than this!

When I was young doing my apprenticeship a very smart older colleague told me:
idiots work and earn money... smart people never work but make money!
if all else fails

Family ties !

22 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

FFP leader might be the richest but he's connected to people more than all the others combined. FFP fella walked into my local bar in CM recently with his pal, drank whiskey and spoke with everyone. Good guy.

Richest? true

Connected better? true

But just because he went into a bar, drank and spoke to a few people is not fact of anything. He is just another super rich guy trying to get into Thai politics for some reason. Maybe (sincere question) 5.6 billion is not enough for him?

On 9/21/2019 at 9:43 AM, 30la said:
On 9/20/2019 at 6:22 PM, snoop1130 said:

Well perhaps you could try using Google to see where Thanathorn gets his money from. Possibly, you might also try reading post #3 on this thread.

8 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

He is just another super rich guy trying to get into Thai politics for some reason. Maybe (sincere question) 5.6 billion is not enough for him?

I'm just about as sceptical as can be, but so far he seems legit. His background sort of suggests he might be in it for the right reason, sorting the <deleted> out.

On 9/21/2019 at 8:48 AM, mikebell said:

The paper that cannot be named listed Prawit's assets and showed his bank balance had increased FIVE million for each of the previous SIX years on an annual stipend of under ONE million.  This was several years back.

The Bangkok Post also reported that.  What is the "paper that cannot be named"?

On 9/21/2019 at 1:52 PM, digger70 said:

And can they and all the other cronies prove that the wealth the've accumulated is legally obtained  ? 

They have to, that's the whole idea of asset declarations when they leave office, suspect amounts are investigated!  Declarations of assets when they take up their positions aren't necessarily subject to investigation as signs of corruption are looked for during their tenure.

10 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

Richest? true

Connected better? true

But just because he went into a bar, drank and spoke to a few people is not fact of anything. He is just another super rich guy trying to get into Thai politics for some reason. Maybe (sincere question) 5.6 billion is not enough for him?

He may be a rich dude trying to get into politics and he is obeying all election laws to subject himself and win the approval of the electorate. Thats different from this current one that seize political power by coup and twisting the law to remain in power to become a rich dude. 

Archived