Changing GBP

spread the risk... a bit there, and more elsewhere  

but the swampy one turned out hardly any more expensive than what we got at a Bank in town

still nothing worse than shopper's regret... when you cannot resist to go window shopping rates at every Bank etc you walk past subsequently...

I would suggest changing just enough to get by at Suvarnabhumi, get to Pattaya and change whatever else you need,  In Pattaya, TT usually gives the best rate.

As said above, avoid banks!

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Last year I found the exchange rate at the small Kasikorn booth by the exit from the airport rail link had the best rate. Totally unexpected, so look around.

This is a thing of the past. They have AOT mafia unified rate.

And even the regular Kasikorn note rates are the worst of the major banks.

But the OP can go down to the booths at rail link entry.

They have excellent rates. You would need a lot of mileage to squeeze out another 5 Satang at city headoffices or the like.

And if the queue at Superrich is long just check rates at one of the others.

Usually same-same. Superrich just too much of an internet fame and the sheep queue there.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

They have excellent rates. You would need a lot of mileage to squeeze out another 5 Satang at city headoffices or the like.

Usually same-same. Superrich just too much of an internet fame and the sheep queue there.

I did not know there were other booths at the rail link entry, I will look at them. Thanks.

3 hours ago, VBF said:

I would suggest changing just enough to get by at Suvarnabhumi, get to Pattaya and change whatever else you need,  In Pattaya, TT usually gives the best rate.

As said above, avoid banks!

We are talking about cash,right? Then there are never the TT rate. That's the rate when transferring money bank to bank or ATM withdrawal. 

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

We are talking about cash,right? Then there are never the TT rate. That's the rate when transferring money bank to bank or ATM withdrawal. 

No no no!!!!!   Not the TT rate....TT  Currency Exchange  the company, yellow and black signs, all over Pattaya.   https://ttexchange.com/

I just said TT 'cos I thought everyone who spends time in Pattaya would know them....clearly not. ????

Walk in with cash and passport - usually the best rates for £ $  €  but that can of course change

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Do you have proof that AOT are more powerful than the banks? What is your source, please?

All booths/banks on the AOT premises ("airport") have identical rates (typically -7% for EUR). That's all I want to say. Which mafia disables competition I don't know for sure.

The booths at the airport rail link are on grounds that are managed by Thai railways/not by AOT.

Why the Kasikorn booth (just "across the border") was given up?

Maybe as soon as the other booths appeared with much better rates it was not that promising anymore (as written Kasikorn has worst cash rates).

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I did not know there were other booths at the rail link entry, I will look at them. Thanks.

Last time I checked it was three at least and also one or two banks (not Kasikorn) with "city" rates (still not competitive).

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Then there are never the TT rate.

Misunderstanding.

They simple call themselves "TT Exchange" and do cash exchange of course.

But congrats, you are probably the first to find the potential mislead :smile:

Unfortunately I had deleted my own pics of exchange rate signs at rail link.

Found it just too boring.

So I lend a pic from the net ("Happy Rich" :biggrin:)

And around the corner (back to back) there is another booth ("Value+").

(that was true at the beginning of this year)

WechselstubenAirport_00.jpg

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Misunderstanding.

They simple call themselves "TT Exchange" and do cash exchange of course.

But congrats, you are probably the first to find the potential mislead :smile:

My bad. But I never change cash. In my opinion it's totally crazy to bring cash to Thailand, especially GBP. You never know when BJ opens his mouth,then it will drop again. But I can't see any exchange booth beat Superrich at the moment. 38,4 baht for the pound (£50) today.

4 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

My bad. But I never change cash. In my opinion it's totally crazy to bring cash to Thailand, especially GBP. You never know when BJ opens his mouth,then it will drop again. But I can't see any exchange booth beat Superrich at the moment. 38,4 baht for the pound (£50) today.

Hasnt the Pound remained stable since Boris became PM ?

22 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I was at the ARL booths on Friday at 7.45pm and there weren't any queues. 

Super rich was offering the best rate for GBP.

Archived