Inspired by Swedish teen, worldwide protest demands climate action

rooster59

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Let's not forget the revenue lost to the government for the road taxes which are based upon the price of gas. EV are subsidized. 

This is very poignant when looking at EPA requirements. I am not sure they want more than 40 mpg as then the US would lose lots of gas tax revenue. 

I'll get my tin foil hat!

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 9:54 AM, sunnyboy2018 said:

Rubbish.  Its not a case of have to. It the oppurtunity to do things. No one has to wear shoes or wear underwear.  But we do. Your suggestions are fallacious and contentious and without merit. You can give up the benefits of modernity if you wish and sh!t in a ditch if you want to but don't expect us to. Im sick death of the dictatorial wokeness of the eco extremists.

Calling me an eco warrior is ludicrous. I'm anything but. If I could afford the biggest V8 car on the planet I'd happily drive it in front of parliament every time our eco warrior PM is in session.

In my dreams I get to meet greens so I can ridicule them, but sadly I have as of now never met any.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:41 PM, stevenl said:

Tbl, you know there is a problem, in earlier threads you have admitted to that but feel it is too late to do something about it.

Why not support the people who try to do something, in stead of moaning they're not doing enough or not doing it the right way.

Yes, there is a problem, and I wish it were solveable, but as I don't think it was caused by humans how can I believe that humans can fix it?

However, I do think humans can stop polluting the environment and we would all be better off if they did.

It annoys me immensely that every time I go to the supermarket I have a pile of plastic that I have to throw away- is it really necessary to wrap everything in plastic?

Archived