Inspired by Swedish teen, worldwide protest demands climate action

rooster59

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, norbra said:

To all the school kids going on 'strike' for Climate Change:
You are the first generation who have required air-conditioning in every classroom.
You want TV in every room and your classes are all computerised.
You spend all day and night on electronic devices.
More than ever, you don't walk or ride bikes to school but arrive in caravans of private cars that choke local roads and worsen rush hour traffic.
You are the biggest consumers of manufactured goods ever and update perfectly good expensive luxury items to stay trendy,
Your entertainment comes from electric devices.
Furthermore, the people driving your protests are the same people who insist on artificially inflating the population growth through immigration, which increases the need for energy, manufacturing and transport.
The more people we have, the more forest and bushland we clear and more of the environment is destroyed.
How about this...
Tell your teachers to switch off the air-con.
Walk or ride to school. Switch off your devices and read a book.
Make a sandwich instead of buying manufactured fast food.
No, none of this will happen because you are selfish, badly educated, virtue signalling little 'princesses', inspired by the adults around you who crave a feeling of having a 'noble cause' while they indulge themselves in Western luxury and unprecedented quality of life.
Wake up, grow up and learn to research facts and think for yourself and not blindly accept the words and thoughts of others - I don't think you formulated this action plan all by your self - suspect you may have had some influence and 'guidance' from those you trust ....a word of warning, be cautious of the influence of the 'left' because there may be a time in the future that you will be the ones left out...

Which is why the youth are telling the adults to fix it and find alternatives.

Or do you think children need to find the fix themselves.

7 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Which is why the youth are telling the adults to fix it and find alternatives.

Or do you think children need to find the fix themselves.

I agree with you..

However they are not just children but young adults.

One forgets that Wing Commander Guy Gibson VC,DSO,DFC and Bar-who led 617 Squadron into the assault in May,1943 was a little under 25 years of age.

7 hours ago, transam said:

Wonder how many cars these folks families have amassed, central heating to go home too.....Or, how many have given up the car, don't use central heating and wouldn't dream of getting on a plane for a short holiday...

Chomper Higgot....Bluespunk......jollyhangmon.....You are all confused by my above  post.

Would love to know why....?

My thoughts are that those who are making the fuss are the ones causing the climate problems and probably don't realise it, they think A/C, central heating, all indoors drive a car, flying off to the sun, has always been there.....

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Chomper Higgot....Bluespunk......jollyhangmon.....You are all confused by my above  post.

My thoughts are that those who are making the fuss are the ones causing the climate problems and probably don't realise it, they think A/C, central heating, all indoors drive a car, flying off to the sun, has always been there.....

Yeah, makes perfect sense to blame those young protesters for the actions of their parents and past generations...jesus h...

There are a lot of hypocrites here, and they are the ones who talk louder.

If you were really concerned for the planet, you would leave the technological society behind, and go to grow beans in the mountains, but no, you want the cake and you want to eat it.

I question your intellectual honesty, if you know what it is.

Just now, Bluespunk said:

If you are referring to me as one of those who you resent having a view on climate change and the current protests, PM and I will be more than happy to let you know what I do. 

I read many of your posts, and have to say that, same as you do, i also do my best to minimise my impact on the ecology of the planet.

Obviously something more can and must be done.

I am referring to those who are crying loud, but do nothing real for a change, except shouting.

3 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I read many of your posts, and have to say that, same as you do, i also do my best to minimise my impact on the ecology of the planet.

Obviously something more can and must be done.

I am referring to those who are crying loud, but do nothing real for a change, except shouting.

My apologies for my assumption. I shall delete my post

4 hours ago, Gudge said:

This climate protest by the schoolkids and others is really a bunch of <deleted> and just an excuse to take a day off. There has been pictures of some of the grounds after the protests and they look like garbage dumps with all the plastic and garbage left behind by the so called environmental protesters but the media removes the pictures almost as soon as they are posted. If they were so concerned about the environment they wouldn't have to send in cleaning crews and garbage trucks to clean up after they leave.

You're referring to the fake news pictures, spread via Facebook, made in London after a marijuana event? Now used by climate change deniers as 'made in Australia after the climate change event there?

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

My apologies for my assumption. I shall delete my post

No worries, there's no need for apologies, i think we have similar views and lifestyles, perhaps we only differ on details.

For example, i'm not very fond of the "Greta Phenomenon" not because i don't like her, but because i heard the same story too many times.

6 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

What a bunch of clowns ! Pollution poses a far greater problem, and it is something we can physically deal with. Stop eating meat ? Is someone losing it ?

Agreed. The focus should be on reducing pollution. That's what we can do. But I don't think we can change the climate. That's beyond us I'm afraid.

42 minutes ago, transam said:

Another sweeping generalisation. 

Example: I fitted central heating into a house I owned and overnight my energy bills dropped, my new gas fired condensing boiler was way more efficient that the open fires and back boiler water heater I was previously using. 

But don't let details get in the way of a good rant. 

2 minutes ago, Thunder26 said:

Agreed. The focus should be on reducing pollution. That's what we can do. But I don't think we can change the climate. That's beyond us I'm afraid.

Apart from the fact that i'm not eating meat and fish since i was 16, amen to that.

And yes, extensive and massive meat production is one of the most polluting activities, not to talk about the suffering of the animals.

33 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

There are a lot of hypocrites here, and they are the ones who talk louder.

If you were really concerned for the planet, you would leave the technological society behind, and go to grow beans in the mountains, but no, you want the cake and you want to eat it.

I question your intellectual honesty, if you know what it is.

I'm waiting for the rains to abate and I'll start planting my own vegetables.

Oh and I don't own a car. 

2 minutes ago, transam said:

You tell me why the climate problem then, and how you would fix it...?

According to the proponents of the IPCC solution (as fronted by the Paris accord), the solution is to pour money into IPCC:s pockets.

Everything will be better as long as we pay for it. Pay to the chosen ones, that is...

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh, is it made from sheep's wool, or grass? They may claim it didn't use carbon to travel, but I'll bet it used carbon to construct.

Th was one of the biggest hypocritical bits of noncece ever. The carbon footprint her little trip left was outstanding. All the safety vessels and air support then then her family ext who flew to meet her and then her travelling from venue to venue and home..... Lying hypocrites, grandstanding makes me sick and stupid sheeple follow baah baah baah. 

24 minutes ago, transam said:

My youth, one car family.... Now, mum, dad and both teens have a car....Do you understand now....?

Do I understand your point, no not really. 

You are saying those protesting have all the things you want to assume they have.

Prove it.

Also I have never owned a car and for most of my childhood, neither did my parents. 

China and India are the new kids on the block, becoming well off because they are manufacturing OUR stuff, we gave it to them, do they give a toss about climate change..Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Even LOS, with all the talk, are doing nothing about it...

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What am I, the antidote to your inability to accept the scientific consensus and your hostility environmentalism?

Go read some of the science you so eagerly deny.

I thought you wouldn't/couldn't write something useful...

I don't eagerly deny anything, I pointed out that modern day living is probably the cause....

Just now, Bluespunk said:

Find it difficult defending your posts when you’re challenged, don’t you. 

It is pointless. You don't understand that the number of cars on the worldwide roads increases every year, millions and millions of them burning stuff. Mega modern day plane travel increased burned stuff. Everywhere you go it is heated or has air con, burning stuff....Recycling is not so big, stuff burned or buried to create it's stuff..

13 minutes ago, transam said:

It is pointless. You don't understand that the number of cars on the worldwide roads increases every year, millions and millions of them burning stuff. Mega modern day plane travel increased burned stuff. Everywhere you go it is heated or has air con, burning stuff....Recycling is not so big, stuff burned or buried to create it's stuff..

Don't worry - everything will get better as long as we pay trillions of dollars to the IPCC. :intheclub:

Archived