UK PM Johnson to meet European leaders in New York in push for Brexit deal

rooster59

The reduction in GBP has increased UK competitiveness tremendously. Pound down = Exports up and Imports down. More workers in production and balance of payments improves. The gift that keeps on giving.
If & When EU tariffs are imposed, the whole situation gets better. Fewer EU imports and production returns to UK bases. Bring it on fat boy.
Hard Brexiteers say trashing Sterling is good for you.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hard Brexiteers say trashing Sterling is good for you.

Exporters and people who work for them think it’s great. So do people who receive funds in foreign currencies.

Remainer greed is not good for the UK. Remainers on TVF are happy to trash UK industry and future prospects for their own self indulgent living it up in Thailand.

I think whatever comes out of the thinkers boxes it must be reciprocal..... as if only cash cow is counted by E.U. then E.U. would have gone flat belly for U.K. by now long time already …( by your thinking ).....surprise surprise !! it is not the E.U. policy as you found out already 3 years now 

Spanish and Greek cash cow. Plus some other EU regions.
Surprise surprise, your schengen threat won’t work with them.

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

Spanish and Greek cash cow. Plus some other EU regions.
Surprise surprise, your schengen threat won’t work with them.

Schengen treat ?? where is my treat ? I just say I shall be reciprocal or not !

question is shall there be still enough money in the U.K. for travelling now your biggest low price cash cow Th. Cook go bust 

Breaking

Monday 23 September 2019 13:48, UK

https://news.sky.com/story/supreme-court-judges-to-rule-on-parliaments-prorogation-tomorrow-11817810

Supreme Court judges to rule on parliament's prorogation tomorrow

Justices at the UK's highest court are to decide if it was legal for Boris Johnson to send MPs home for five weeks.

Judges at the Supreme Court will deliver their verdict on Boris Johnson's prorogation of parliament at 10.30am on Tuesday.

A statement from the Supreme Court confirmed the hand-down for both cases, with seven of the 11 judges who ruled on it due to be in attendance.

more...

Schengen treat ?? where is my treat ? I just say I shall be reciprocal or not !
question is shall there be still enough money in the U.K. for travelling now your biggest low price cash cow Th. Cook go bust 

Threat. Read it again, but don’t bother with a reply.

How can an OUTBOUND tour operator be a UK cash cow? Subject to where the flight costs are being picked up, it’s mostly money that flows to the EU, the equivalent of an ‘import’. It is Spanish cash cow, whose customers will easily be picked up by another operator.

14 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Threat. Read it again, but don’t bother with a reply.

How can an OUTBOUND tour operator be a UK cash cow? Subject to where the flight costs are being picked up, it’s mostly money that flows to the EU, the equivalent of an ‘import’. It is Spanish cash cow, whose customers will easily be picked up by another operator.

Do not forget to keep at hand tomorrow blood pressure tablets or and  anxiety anti depressants …. just in case supreme courts ruling would be unfavorable....

Do not forget to keep at hand tomorrow blood pressure tablets or and  anxiety anti depressants …. just in case supreme courts ruling would be unfavorable....

I made a mistake here in replying to a terminally obtuse Johnny. It’s not a language or understanding ‘thing’.

To be topical about it: Aw, Thomas Cook it. I’m out.

5 hours ago, Loiner said:

Exporters and people who work for them think it’s great. So do people who receive funds in foreign currencies.

Remainer greed is not good for the UK. Remainers on TVF are happy to trash UK industry and future prospects for their own self indulgent living it up in Thailand.

Economics 101: you can’t devalue your  currency hoping it leads to prosperity.

On 9/22/2019 at 3:27 PM, sawadee1947 said:

I'm not living in the past. Ask people now or better after a no-deal Brexit. ????

There is of course a valid argument for holding the relevant referendums in both Scotland and Northern Ireland as both voted Remain.

But we all know how complex Northern Irish politics is!

Would Republicans who voted Leave be happy joining a RoI which is in the EU? 

Would Unionists who voted Remain be happy leaving the UK and joining the Republic so they could remain in the EU?

22 hours ago, Loiner said:

Control. We control who comes through borders, not the EU. If you don't even understand that you shouldn't be commenting with your interminable diatribes.

An open border means there is absolutely no control over who or what crosses it! No control over goods, no control over people.

I find it astounding that even you cannot grasp that simple fact.

None of Merkel's millions, which she is still trying to foist on us, are allocated to the UK. None of those who pass are entitled to any benefits. None of them are accepted as refugees.

European tourists are more than welcome. Irish travelers.........well, let's have a rethink about them.

Which is relevant to the irish border how?

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

There is of course a valid argument for holding the relevant referendums in both Scotland and Northern Ireland as both voted Remain.

Would Unionists who voted Remain be happy leaving the UK and joining the Republic so they could remain in the EU?

Well, difficult to predict. It will depend how serious the cuts will be in daily life. If people realise that the losses are really huge and realise it was a good better life within EU..... then everything is possible:. Scotland independent as EU member and of course a reunited Ireland. What then will happen to UK? No "U" anymore? I Who knows.. ????????????

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

I think you will find  Republicans who voted Leave to be few a far between.

Unionists who voted Remain, probably more, but the bulk of Unionists I'm sure were for Leave. Not really thinking about the border problem at all it appears. They are really English Nationalists at heart, despite living in NI.

There is now a majority in NI for reunion with RoI according to a recent poll. Now the Paedophile Priests have been removed from control over the Irish Government it looks like a good idea. No more border problem which would make the Brexiteers happy.

On 9/23/2019 at 6:19 PM, 7by7 said:
On 9/22/2019 at 8:03 PM, Loiner said:

None of Merkel's millions, which she is still trying to foist on us, are allocated to the UK. None of those who pass are entitled to any benefits. None of them are accepted as refugees.

European tourists are more than welcome. Irish travelers.........well, let's have a rethink about them.

On 9/23/2019 at 6:19 PM, 7by7 said:

I’m astounded that you can’t understand that.

Then maybe you can explain it to me.

12 hours ago, Loiner said:

You can read mine but it will cost you. It’s making money right now. Have you got enough to pay if you have to make the transfer in THB?

Dunno mate, I’m thinking I’m not going to find much of interest to work with...

8 hours ago, Loiner said:

You’d refuse to understand and carry on baiting.

He’s right. It’s got nothing to do with the Irish border. The Common Travel Area survives brexit. Irish citizens in the UK will be the only nationality not to be considered foreigners under British law (and vice versa). 

The irish travellers will continue to provided a bit of colour to the British landscape 

He’s right. It’s got nothing to do with the Irish border. The Common Travel Area survives brexit. Irish citizens in the UK will be the only nationality not to be considered foreigners under British law (and vice versa). 

The irish travellers will continue to provided a bit of colour to the British landscape 

The vans are usually white or cream, so not much colour there. The rubbish scattered around afterwards could be.

Archived