Can you really hook up with Thai girls in shopping malls?

cyril sneer

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I would say if your good looking, dress well, look confident, know how to talk the talk, you shouldn't have any trouble chatting to any of the girls, anywhere, if you ask me, girls like being approached, especially if you have good one liners...

The part you didn't mention, of course, is that for the average university girl even in BKK, especially at the majority of regular (non hi-so campuses), most of them probably will speak little to no English... So the OP will need to be practicing his spiffy one liners in Thai...

If you're of similar age to the girl and can speak some Thai, sure.

I've attempted it once and scored once. I asked a girl if she knew which floor something was on, she seemed happy to talked to me so I asked her if she'd eaten anything yet, she said she hadn't so I invited her to join me...

31 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Would like to know how many of them were hookers

No need to ask, it didn't happen. Yes, some hookers frequent the likes of T21 and Central in Pattaya, but guess what, a lot of the girls you see around are either Asian tourists, Chinese, Korean or Japaneses, or just regular girls out window shopping.  Some western guys in Pattaya, Bangkok and other tourist spots seem to live in some kind of virtual reality Thailand, where one girl they meet (in the sex trade)  is representative of all girls,  It's rather pathetic really. 

It depends on alot of factors. How handsome are you? How young are you? How well dressed are you? Do you speak some Thai? Are you funny and charming? Are you ok with a fairly high rejection rate? All of those factors make a big difference. 

I have a couple of friends who hit on strangers on the street, in malls, at bars and restaurants, in parks, and wherever they can. And they do well. But they have really good rap, and great skill at such. I am talking about civilians, not bar girls. It is a numbers game. If you chat with enough gals here, you will have some success. But, you have to be willing to handle the rejection with grace, humor, and the attitude of a true sportsman. Water off a ducks back. 

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

How handsome are you? How young are you? How well dressed are you? Do you speak some Thai? Are you funny and charming?

Not bad.      old.      so so .   speak very good .    mak mak.      

oh, if we could turn back the clock   ????     but i am a sexy old man   

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Nope not boasting, but, aren't modern pharmaceuticals wonderful !!! ......55555

except when the "date" doesn't work out ,  meds already taken,  and you go out for a coffee and the

really cute salesgirl asks what  is that in your pocket

Build a number of ladies you deal with that you find pleasant: reception, pharmacy, hair cutting, money exchange, bail? Be pleasant, small talk, and watch for one to rise to the bait. Going from first to third is much easier that way.

4 minutes ago, rumak said:

Not bad.      old.      so so .   speak very good .    mak mak.      

oh, if we could turn back the clock   ????     but i am a sexy old man   

Older guys can do quite well here, if they have some of the qualities mentioned above, and they are not hitting on super hot women, who are in their 20's. The only gals that fall into that category who would be interested, would be freelancers, or gals looking for the 30,000 baht monthly allowance. 

Just now, rumak said:

except when the "date" doesn't work out ,  meds already taken,  and you go out for a coffee and the

really cute salesgirl asks what  is that in your pocket

That's when I pretend I have an implanted leg splint ! ....5555

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Depends what you mean by hook up ?  Guys that marry bargirls tend to think every Thai girl is for sale.

No reason you cant ask for directions, where can you buy phone credit etc, introduce yourself to the next table at a coffee shop, can you ask a couple of questions about Thailand etc.

Keep in mind, your average Thai girl thats not in the entertainment industry or trying to sell you something will be very conservative, shy, has probably never spoken to westerners or had a boyfriend.

You didn't mention anything about a likely language barrier.

7 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

Build a number of ladies you deal with that you find pleasant: reception, pharmacy, hair cutting, money exchange, bail? Be pleasant, small talk, and watch for one to rise to the bait. Going from first to third is much easier that way.

Yes.

The "cashier" at a bar is also a great choice.

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Older guys can do quite well here, if they have some of the qualities mentioned above, and they are not hitting on super hot women, who are in their 20's. The only gals that fall into that category who would be interested, would be freelancers, or gals looking for the 30,000 baht monthly allowance. 

is it 30,000 now?

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

well,  i said no boasters......  but I did pretty well in my early 60's  when playing the game.  My thai finally had reached a level where flirting was easy and that with my natural  sanay  hahaha  made life fun.  EDIT :  for me personally the older i got the more i wanted to meet slightly older ladies. Many in their 30's are very attractive ( and some NOT )

After years of that it becomes tiresome (to me anyway)  and when a long term prospect finally arrived

I gave up and "settled down".      Hope its true about having many lives though as I would be glad to start again ..

5 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

is it 30,000 now?

The days of 15,000 seem to be behind us, according to my single friends. Unless they are older, or in the boonies. In Hua Hin now, 30,000 is the starting price. I know. It sounds crazy. But, things change, expectations change, gals share their stories about the suckers, and the emotionally vulnerable men who come here with cash, and then the hurdles get raised. Of course, it also depends on how old the guy is, how young the woman is, and how fine she is. And we are really talking about rentals, for the most part. 

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

The days of 15,000 seem to be behind us, according to my single friends. Unless they are older, or in the boonies. In Hua Hin now, 30,000 is the starting price. I know. It sounds crazy. But, things change, expectations change, gals share their stories about the suckers, and the emotionally vulnerable men who come here with cash, and then the hurdles get raised. Of course, it also depends on how old the guy is, how young the woman is, and how fine she is. And we are really talking about rentals, for the most part. 

Honest and accurate from my observation.  40 to 50 k in Bangkok for younger and good looking.

13 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I found Thai girl more easy to approach than western girls. If you can speak Thai, looks good and are about the same age then it's very easy. 

I just read an article that said American women are using Botox to get rid of "Bitch Face" so they will look more approachable. Not much action anymore. Of course men are being blamed for this.

Archived