where are my abs, please?

BananaBandit

I had reasonable abs last year when I lived in Myanmar.  But to reveal them required me to lose so much fat that my face looked like a skull....  Now in Laos, I've added a little weight on purpose, so as not to scare the local kids with my skeleton-like head ????

On 12/19/2019 at 11:02 PM, robblok said:

Genetics plus a low bodyfat percentage. But you can't show off abs if you dont have them

I get the impression that I pretty much don't have any ab muscles to work with. At the end of 2018, my BMI dipped under 16...And still I lacked much ab definition. I can't imagine that a man with a sub-16 BMI could have higher than 10 percent body fat. I assume I just have very small abs. 

13 hours ago, BananaBandit said:

I get the impression that I pretty much don't have any ab muscles to work with. At the end of 2018, my BMI dipped under 16...And still I lacked much ab definition. I can't imagine that a man with a sub-16 BMI could have higher than 10 percent body fat. I assume I just have very small abs. 

I am not blessed with big lower abs, my upper abs are nice but lower abs just a slab of muscle. So its about genetics. But I think you should train your abs, because with such a low BMI you probably lack muscles too.

You train abs the same way as you do other muscles, progressive overload and adding weights. That is easier to do if you go to a gym. Otherwise you need to find ways to make ab exercises heavier without adding countless reps. 

Archived