MP declares two ‘mythical’ magnetite pieces as assets worth one billion baht

rooster59

MP declares two ‘mythical’ magnetite pieces as assets worth one billion baht

ข่าว-Eng011.jpg

A Palang Thai Rak Thai party-list MP has declared his assets to be worth about 1.1 billion baht, including two mythical metallic pieces (Lek Lai), which the MP claims have a combined value of 1 billion baht.

The MP, Kathathep Techadetruangkul, claimed in his assets declaration to the National Anti-Corruption Commission that he obtained the two Lek Lai, a rock mineral otherwise known as Magnetite which is believed to possess mysterious properties by the superstitious, in 1994.

His other assets include one meteorite worth about 10 million baht, two Phra Somdet Buddha amulets which he declared at about 25 million baht, 2.2 million baht in bank deposits, a house worth about eight million baht and about 800,000 baht of debt.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/mp-declares-two-mythical-magnetite-pieces-as-assets-worth-one-billion-baht/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-09-21

27 minutes ago, Pib said:

The MP kinda looks like a Thai Mr. Spock of Star Trek.  So, assuming the pieces are from his home planet of Vulcan they are indeed easily worth 1 billion baht.  

The eyebrows yes, but he lacks the assorted ears - not a Vulcan!

He reminds me more of dr Evil....

13 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

I mean, after reading this article it is clear, that you cannot take this government serious. The billion Baht metal MP; now that's something new! 

Apart from themselves, I doubt anyone takes them seriously.

It would be worth 1 billion baht if someone paid that amount... well, not "worth" but valued perhaps... any takers so far?

I've got an old Gibson guitar I'll let you have for only 800 million, marked down from a billion. Act now, supplies limited

The world wide crystal market is worth billions of USD and exploits poor folks all over the world, so this guy isnt the only numbskull out there. At least he has the excuse of being raised in a superstitious society, whats Paltrows excuse? or some New Ager in Scarsdale?

5 hours ago, thedemon said:

This is useful because after his term as MP when he needs to do another asset declaration, it will be easier to explain why there is an extra few hundred million in his account.

Indeed. This is probably the whole purpose of this declaration.

But i wonder why he used just two rocks, this means he can just make two deals. He should have declared 1000 rocks valued at a million each.

41 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:
6 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

I found a grey rock in my front yard. Personally I think it's worth about 10 Gazillion baht.  PM me if you want to buy it. 

Do you deliver?

Make sure you take out insurance covering loss and damage in transit.

I'd hate to read another scam story next week about ferangs scamming each other...

Guy is a forward thinking genius.

A few years from now, when his new assets are 1billion in cash, he just says he sold the rocks and his asset value has not changed.

This is so far ahead of average Thai Visa's comprehension.

Next level brilliance.

I see a real opportunity here, this could be the answer to the TM30 curse. I think he would be tempted to sell it for Bt 950 million, I'd like to put together a cash offer and am prepared to form a syndicate to achieve this, who's in?

2 hours ago, featography said:

Let us know when he has Kryptonite. 

I have some in safe keeping,  a strange guy with a funny cape and wearing underpants on the outside of his tights asked me to take care of it - said it makes him come over all strange when he gets too close to it, no power and has trouble with his fly or flying - I  wasn't at all clear on that point but felt I should offer a helping hand. Now if he should pass-away, can I claim it as a gift from a dead friend? 

22 hours ago, thedemon said:

This is useful because after his term as MP when he needs to do another asset declaration, it will be easier to explain why there is an extra few hundred million in his account.

Exactly, a very clever strategy. He can say he sold them to a friend, who has since died - brother of the guy who lends out expensive watches. This will surely explain all the extra cash in his account - sounds legit.

Archived