Clarifying Requirements: WORK PERMIT (etc) proving Financial Status

I live in Phuket and have been on a marriage visa for many years. This year for a change, I would like to use the Work Permit method to show my Financial Status. As I have never done that before, I am a bit nervous, because I know the regulations are often changing.

I don't want any surprises, so if it looks like too difficult, then I will try to instead, to somehow find the 400,000 THB for keeping in my bank. (Normally that would be super easy for me, but the wifey and I just bought and renovated a house for 5+++ million THB, thus our cash is a bit low)!

Accordingly, I would like to clarify now, about the requirements with our Thai Visa community. Now, while I still have time to decide the best route. In my quest to do so, first I visited the immigration office and they told me the requirements are as follows:

image.png.ae00c1c006427e5b282d27931e496a71.png

image.png.fbc76e6695fc1950814e3678b141f093.png

So here are my questions:

1. If anyone has further advice or insight on additional (up-to-date or worst-case) requirements, or can suggest any "things to watch out for" please let me know?

2. For example, I just noticed that the requirements written in Thai have AT LEAST one additional item MORE than the English requirements I was given at the Immigration Office. Surprise surprise!
    2A. A quick Google Translation seemed to mention something about: photos of the worker at the workplace??

2B. Maybe such photos are NOT an item they tend to require these days (as it is not written in the English requirements)??

3. Also please, if you can share any additional details about the certificate of income more than 40,000 THB? Is that like a pay slip or just a document from the employer or something? (Google translation said it should be from <2 months, I think).

4. As an American from the USA, I was under the impression that 50,000 THB was the minimum income for our nationality. Is it TRUE that 40,000 will suffice?

Thank you all in advance for help! I really do appreciate it your kind assistance ????

Edited by JakeR

As I am aware you can not base your extension for stay with Non-O on a work permit. It´s only possible to get a work permit if wish to work on a Non-O.

Therefore the rules regarding the money will stand the same as applying without a work permit.

That´s just my info, but if wrong somebody will correct me quickly. ???? 

10 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

That´s just my info, but if wrong somebody will correct me quickly. ???? 

You are wrong. A person applying for a extension of stay based upon being married to or the parent of a Thai can use their income for working to meet the 40k baht income requirement.

2 hours ago, JakeR said:

2. For example, I just noticed that the requirements written in Thai have AT LEAST one additional item MORE than the English requirements I was given at the Immigration Office. Surprise surprise!
    2A. A quick Google Translation seemed to mention something about: photos of the worker at the workplace??

I don't recall photos being asked for when using your income form working. But it is hard to predict what Phuket immigration might want.

Photos are are only shown in the requirements to apply for an extension stay based upon working for a company.

2 hours ago, JakeR said:

3. Also please, if you can share any additional details about the certificate of income more than 40,000 THB? Is that like a pay slip or just a document from the employer or something? (Google translation said it should be from <2 months, I think).

It is tax payment receipts. If you filed a tax return for last years income that will also be needed.

Normally the most recent 2 or 3 months of tax payments are needed.

2 hours ago, JakeR said:

4. As an American from the USA, I was under the impression that 50,000 THB was the minimum income for our nationality. Is it TRUE that 40,000 will suffice?

You only to need to show a income of at least 40k baht.

The 50k baht minimum income is only for an extension of stay based upon working for a comany.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You are wrong. A person applying for a extension of stay based upon being married to or the parent of a Thai can use their income for working to meet the 40k baht income requirement.

Yes, of course you can use the income from working, but you still have to own up to the same requirements. 40k, right?

@ubonjoe Thanks that helps, it is your experience in Phuket?

@Dnyy I mention that because the regulations are silly for the economy because foreigners might have much more than the cash amount invested in Thailand, but still need to meet the 2 month requirement instead of investing more.

@Matzzon You sounded very confused.

@jaiyenyen Are you on a business visa or marriage visa?

Based on the replies here, we can say it is the normal requirements listed above and may (in Bangkok) or may not (Phuket) require photos at the workplace.

However, it is not very likely in Phuket to require photos of the workplace in Phuket IF based on extension for marriage/child. For extension based on business, it it more likely. I may try to give them a call to find out on Monday....

29 minutes ago, DavisH said:

What is your job?

That is irrelevant in the OP's case. He is applying for an extension stay based upon marriage which only requires a income of 40k baht or 400k baht in a Thai bank.

Only an extension of stay based upon working a company has a minimum salary requirement.

I was in identical situation, after buying house too...

Turned up with work-Permit thinking I could use that for financial test but was denied based on the WP being from another province.

It seems it would have been no problem, if WP was same province.

It was fixed by transferring 400K from wifes account to mine and a 'favour' from immigration to ignore seasoning requirement.

On 9/21/2019 at 7:35 AM, JakeR said:

. Also please, if you can share any additional details about the certificate of income more than 40,000 THB? Is that like a pay slip or just a document from the employer or something? (Google translation said it should be from <2 months, I think).

Personal income tax (PND.1) for latest 3 months and personal income tax for previous year (PND.91) with receipts showing it has been paid. 

22 hours ago, JakeR said:

No not a teacher anymore, I'm in sales and marketing for tourism. Cheers @Satcommlee was that in Phuket? Lucky on the favor or did you butter them up?

Being a teacher has no relevance on the issue of getting a marriage visa. 

Maybe you are thinking that the required salary is  not the same as other jobs to get a WP.