Watching World Cup Rugby in Ubon

Michael Hare

I have lived in Ubon since 1994. I have watched live on TV, six Rugby World Cups on my True (before UBC) package. I sat down just before midday today to watch live, Fiji vs Australia. Clicked on to Setanta. No World Cup rugby. I thought another channel must be showing it. Not one single channel was showing it. No worries. I have RugbyPass. And guess what? No World Cup rugby on RugbyPass.

Panic.

I did a quick search and found this channel which I had never heard of before beinsports.com

For a 1600 baht package they will allow one to see all the World cup Rugby games. Took me about 5 minutes to login and get accepted. Another few minutes to connect from mobile phone to the TV. 

So I now can watch the rugby world cup. I guess Thailand is not a mad rugby nation and not that many people would be interested in watching. Still, in previous years, the World Cup was streamed live. Maybe these rights are too expensive these days. 

Agree with both. UBC were also bent removing channels and refusing to return monies. I kicked them out 10? years back as TRUE took over.

Now this week they too have removed channels which I've had on a complete package including phone, Internet, data and TV for more than 2 years. So I must also change and find an Internet deal, buy phone cards, and purchase channels from somewhere. No way will TRUE reinstate or replace those lost programmes as they don't give a dam* about contracts.

BTW, Bein has been up in the 600s on TRUE for quite a long time. And I enjoyed a great live Aussie Rules Football game last weekend on the only Australian channel TRUE have up near Aljazeera.

Archived