Enfield Interceptor

AllanB

This bike has been out for a year or so now, read all good reviews and wonder if any had one. Was going to buy one in the UK, then at least try one out, but this hasn't been my year, anyway does anyone have one and are they as good as the reports say? How about the dealers in LOS, I hope they are better than the Lifan shops, who think a PDI is "Pretty Damned Inconvient"?

On paper, love the sound, looks, build quality (European models) and performance and I think the price is B213k?

I checked out the Interceptor at the Pattaya dealership. For the money it seems like a decent deal. Because it is a lower tech bike I would think getting repairs done would be easier. I was told it was a 2 mos. wait for one. 

The only way to know is to buy one, can't sit on the fence forever.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/26/2019 at 10:07 PM, JaseTheBass said:

I have one.

Upsides: Better finish on the welding than a Triumph, better gearbox than pretty much everything. They sound glorious and look 'just right'. Easy to service at home. Beautiful paintwork. Uses 'old skool' stuff like tubed tyres and proper light bulbs, so can be fixed anywhere. Engine is sweet, unstressed and well fuelled. Bosch ABS, Brembo India (Bybre) brakes. Double walled exhaust that won't discolour.

Downsides: Some of the brackets/bolt-on bits look a bit 'Harley Davidson' compared to a Triumph. I can't get any accessories easily from the dealer (easy on eBay), and the servicing at the dealer is rubbish (I had a horn hanging off and a missing lock nut from one of the chain adjusters after the 500km inspection/valve check). Its not a speedster - its a great 'country roads' bike that only has 47bhp from its sweet engine. You start to feel the frame rails under the standard saddle after 90 mins or so - order the touring saddle on eBay.

Many people erroneously view the 650s along the same lines as the dodgy previous RE bikes - its as good anything comparable but at half the price.

Everyone who has seen my bike has been impressed and it even gets small crowds of other bikers and non-bikers who want to talk about it and share their own stories of Enfields - I never got that when I had a CB500.

There’s a guy on YouTube by the name of Stuart Fillingham who’s made some great vids on adjusting the tappets etc for the interceptor 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...