Immigration - do I have to report every location I stay?

Ireland32

1 hour ago, Mitkof Island said:

Nor did Thai Immigration ask when i applied for my new Type O visa for marriage in Savannakhet Laos

Embassies and consulates are under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs not immigration. The MFA has nothing the do with TM30 forms and etc.

I went to do my 90-day at HatYai Immigration yesterday (no problem) and also asked them about my TM30 concerns: I went to Phuket for a few days last month, staying at a guesthouse.

They looked me up and said there was no record of the trip, even though the guesthouse did make a copy of my passport.

They also told me that it was no problem because none of the accommodation places in Phuket were doing the TM30 thing.

They added that the whole system would likely be scrapped in a few months' time.

Not sure if this helps in the Isarn context, but I just thought I would share it anyway.

5 hours ago, phuketsub said:

They also told me that it was no problem because none of the accommodation places in Phuket were doing the TM30 thing.

They added that the whole system would likely be scrapped in a few months' time.

Last I heard they were going to make an APP for the TM30. But if hotels are ignoring it I cannot see how they can enforce it. For sure it is damaging hotel revenue as people can't be arsed to do the TM30 and so choose to stay at home.

In protest, I am also ignoring it and prefer to pay a fine instead.

I am insulted that they treat us like a child who has to ask teacher for permission to go to the bathroom.

10 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Last I heard they were going to make an APP for the TM30. But if hotels are ignoring it I cannot see how they can enforce it. For sure it is damaging hotel revenue as people can't be arsed to do the TM30 and so choose to stay at home.

In protest, I am also ignoring it and prefer to pay a fine instead.

I am insulted that they treat us like a child who has to ask teacher for permission to go to the bathroom.

If the hotel/guesthouse where you're staying ignores the TM30 report,then what are you complaining about? And the TM30 app is up and running and it actually works.

Not accusing anyone in particular on this thread but generally lots of expats on ThaiV seem to be of the opinion that as long as the TM30 system is made easy to use online then there's no problem and we should stop complaining.

Having a one-time appointment to have a chip attached non-intrusively for round-the clock monitoring would be easy in principle too.

Wake up and smell the coffee

7 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

Not accusing anyone in particular on this thread but generally lots of expats on ThaiV seem to be of the opinion that as long as the TM30 system is made easy to use online then there's no problem and we should stop complaining.

Having a one-time appointment to have a chip attached non-intrusively for round-the clock monitoring would be easy in principle too.

Wake up and smell the coffee

And you should understand that several Immigration offices don't require a TM30 when coming back from another province. That just leaves the TM30 when coming back from abroad. But, every expat doesn't leave the country on a regular basis,and when they do,what's the problem in your eyes if they can use the TM30 app or website? You're just another whiner. Check the map, so many countries to move to if you don't like it here. 

Max 69xl, my own province (Sisaket) does not currently require filings of TM30s for any return-to-residence event once one's residence has been registered with immigration. My 'whining' was based on the principle of applying monitoring of movements on foreign residents which impacts on the majority of expats, not on it's impact on me.

I aint moving anywhere, but I still claim a right to complain about an aspect of policy applied in my chosen country of residence. If you don't like that you can always look elsewhere????

Archived