Jump to content
BANGKOK
Max Brok

Use of Krunthai bank E-banking in Europe

Recommended Posts

Dear members.

I need a bank in Thailand and like to know how this bank (Krungthai} in general is for customer service and skills in English at the service desk by phone.

Also the use of E banking and mobile banking. Is their mobile banking also available if you are in Europe? In Thailand I use a Thai SIM and in The Netherlands a Dutch SIM card. Any issues known?

The E banking on your laptop is this 100% available and no issues?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

In Thailand does Krungthai send sms to your phone for 2 factor password stuff ?

 

If yes you need the same in the Netherlands.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Don Mega said:

In Thailand does Krungthai send sms to your phone for 2 factor password stuff ?

 

If yes you need the same in the Netherlands.

Yes, but in The Netherlands I have a different Phone number?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Max Brok said:

Yes, but in The Netherlands I have a different Phone number?

sucks to be you then.

 

Drop the Thai sim in when you are doing a transaction to get the pin number.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

sucks to be you then.

 

Drop the Thai sim in when you are doing a transaction to get the pin number.

The last Thai simcard did not work in The Netherlands. But this 2 factor pin is for E-banking with website. Is mobile banking possible?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Max Brok said:

The last Thai simcard did not work in The Netherlands. But this 2 factor pin is for E-banking with website. Is mobile banking possible?

I dont use mobile banking so will let someone else answer.

Share this post


Link to post

Make sure your Thai SIM is set up for international use, otherwise it will not work outside of Thailand - and you can not (I believe) make a change to the SIM whilst outside of Thailand!

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/21/2019 at 6:20 PM, briley said:

Make sure your Thai SIM is set up for international use, otherwise it will not work outside of Thailand - and you can not (I believe) make a change to the SIM whilst outside of Thailand!

This should be the same for other banks too I presume?

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Max Brok said:

This should be the same for other banks too I presume?

Yes, assuming you need a one time code that is sent by SMS.

Share this post


Link to post

I have an account with Kasikorn --and a Dtac sim card-- no problems --always recieve notifications from the bank--have not changed any settings to the  card--- I keep 2 phones -- saving the bother of changing over the  card--and dont miss any relevent info that they may send---works well online--can even top up Dtac card as required

 

 

Edited by Bucko

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/21/2019 at 8:08 PM, Don Mega said:

I dont use mobile banking so will let someone else answer.

For the K-Bank mobile banking you have to activate WiFi Login, then you can use this app to work outside Thailand or with activated WIFI!

As the KTB App works with WiFi I guess it should work outside Thailand as well. But I never tried the KTB outside yet.

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Bucko said:

I have an account with Kasikorn --and a Dtac sim card-- no problems --always receive notifications from the bank--have not changed any settings to the  card--- I keep 2 phones -- saving the bother of changing over the  card--and dont miss any relevant info that they may send---works well online--can even top up Dtac card as required

The only important thing on this method is, that you activate Roaming on your sim card! Else you can't receive the SMS outside Thailand.

 

Some sims maybe activated them by default, but a lot of them you have to activate them manually or go to a Mobile shop.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...