Use of Krunthai bank E-banking in Europe

Max Brok

Dear members.

I need a bank in Thailand and like to know how this bank (Krungthai} in general is for customer service and skills in English at the service desk by phone.

Also the use of E banking and mobile banking. Is their mobile banking also available if you are in Europe? In Thailand I use a Thai SIM and in The Netherlands a Dutch SIM card. Any issues known?

The E banking on your laptop is this 100% available and no issues?

On 9/21/2019 at 6:20 PM, briley said:

Make sure your Thai SIM is set up for international use, otherwise it will not work outside of Thailand - and you can not (I believe) make a change to the SIM whilst outside of Thailand!

This should be the same for other banks too I presume?

I have an account with Kasikorn --and a Dtac sim card-- no problems --always recieve notifications from the bank--have not changed any settings to the  card--- I keep 2 phones -- saving the bother of changing over the  card--and dont miss any relevent info that they may send---works well online--can even top up Dtac card as required

On 9/21/2019 at 8:08 PM, Don Mega said:

I dont use mobile banking so will let someone else answer.

For the K-Bank mobile banking you have to activate WiFi Login, then you can use this app to work outside Thailand or with activated WIFI!

As the KTB App works with WiFi I guess it should work outside Thailand as well. But I never tried the KTB outside yet.

17 hours ago, Bucko said:

I have an account with Kasikorn --and a Dtac sim card-- no problems --always receive notifications from the bank--have not changed any settings to the  card--- I keep 2 phones -- saving the bother of changing over the  card--and dont miss any relevant info that they may send---works well online--can even top up Dtac card as required

The only important thing on this method is, that you activate Roaming on your sim card! Else you can't receive the SMS outside Thailand.

Some sims maybe activated them by default, but a lot of them you have to activate them manually or go to a Mobile shop.

Archived