New bus service to Udon Thani airport

SunsetT

3 hours ago, JoePai said:

Download the app - gives all the details - for once a very good service

Udon Bus.jpg

Thank you, but I dont live in Udon anymore. I will just be passing thru and dont want to clutter my phone with an app I will rarely use and dont have the time to waste figuring it out. But I have downloaded it and its painfully slow and keeps freezing! The essential info. is mostly in Thai and I cant see any way to change the language to English so u can get stuck on pages with only choices in Thai to navigate! So I beg to differ on it being a 'very good service'! I have gleaned that it is bus service 20 and I can see the route. I would want to board close to the Charoen hotel and I see that it turns right at the busy traffic lights there. The bus stop after the junction is in Thai on the map and is not on the bus stop list for service 20! Also if u click on the bus stops listed service 20 is not shown with others which tell u how long u must wait for the next one!

I have just wasted more than an hour on this app. so 'very good service' would be if u or anyone else could simply tell me if this bus service can be flagged down as can the songthaows, and how often do these buses run? Thank u.

35 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Thanks mate! Can u pay 20thb on the bus or do u need a ticket before?

Its OK thanks, Im asking all this on the Udoncitybus Facebook page now. I can chat with them direct by message. Only problem is the language barrier....555....but Im getting there!

Sometimes, especially when not having sufficient passengers, a bus still drives, but less frequently. Normally, you'll notice a red sign on a desk at the bus station mentioning the next time of departure. No idea, who, how and whether or not such a rule is applicable to the relative new bus service. One of the advantages of the app is being able to see the bus moving. Guess most of the time, just after having left Big-C, the bus will not be moving much due to the traffic lights and the large amount of traffic in the inner city of Udon. Would be nice if the traffic lights are triggered by the bus.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, jacnl2000 said:

Sometimes, especially when not having sufficient passengers, a bus still drives, but less frequently.

Of course this is true of the 10thb sangthaews but should not be the case for an airport bus service. It must run on time when passengers have a plane to catch. Click on a bus stop and it shows the waiting time for different numbered songthaews, but the # 20 airport bus is not shown.

Archived