Returning to Pattaya After 4 Months In UK

soloseaview

Returning to Pattaya after 4 months in UK – Advice Needed

I have a Retirement Visa valid until 9th October 2019 and a Re-Entry permit valid until the same date. I have lived in Pattaya, in the same house, for over 10 years (which I am returning to) and have held retirement visas for several years. I hear that Thai Immigration have recently introduced new rules, my questions are: do I need to visit immigration in Jomtien to advise them of my return? Is there any paperwork that I need to fill out? And, am I likely to encounter any problems at BKK? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

31 minutes ago, fhickson said:

how was your sex life in the uk?

I have my complaints about Thailand, but a visit to the UK is guaranteed to remind me of why I left the land of the living dead. I return with a severe case of Cockitis, (for which there is no known cure). Fortunately 'therapy' is available in places like Pattaya. No need to visit Immigration, just visit Soi 6 and get your 'extension' seen to.

Load of off topic bickering here!

OP. You have an extension based on retirement I expect rather than a Visa. You should have no problem re-entering Thailand but will only be permitted to stay until Oct  9th. You are required to submit a TM30 on return to immigration within 24 hours of arriving at your property.

It is also time to apply for an extension to your permit to stay, what you call a retirement visa. I would get moving on that as soon as you can. The rule changes you mention do affect that. Embassy letters confirming income are no longer available for UK, USA and Australian citizens. Now they must show money of 65,000 every month coming into a Thai bank account. If you have kept 800k in a Thai bank which is the alternative, you should have no issues, if not, it would need it to be there for 2 months prior. These changes came about between Dec 2018 and March 2019 so I expect you are aware of them.

Jomtiem immigration may not mention the TM30, if they do a small fine can be levied for non submittal.

Archived