Requirements for non-B with own, newly founded company

A week ago we got the company seal for our company, and now I'll return on a non-B visa as soon as possible!

The lawyer I use really has delivered so far, but now I do wonder a bit especially on the invitation part...

Basically I will invite myself, using their template.

There are two catch-22 situations that can easily arise:

1. The embassy might demand to see financials for the company and/ or trip, but the company has no bank account yet nor cashflow. But, even for getting an account I will need to be in Thailand on a non-B visa...

2. They might demand to see customers and/or workers hired, but that is also something I cannot get all finished up without returning.

According to my visa agents the embassy has some new staff that follows the regulations to the letter, so what I then wonder about is if it would be wise to give them some extra documentation from the start - or just apply & see what happens...

I could bill my own companies in Europe from the thai company even before getting the bank account, or I could document future income with letters from 2-3 companies.

Or, would perhaps information like this be a good thing to put in the invitation letter itself?

Anyone having experience with newly minted companies & visa? This will be my second non-B, the first one was with invitation from a BOI for a project that didn't work out... (The visa guys suggested just changing the date on that letter & re-apply, which is tempting, but certainly not worth the unknown risks long term!)

Edited by EbhB
Added question

An approval letter, that would be for having applied? Which essentially is not possible before really starting the company with an account and VAT registration...

For my previous visa that I got in Oslo, a signed invitation letter from the BOI (that I ended up not working for) and a copy of the company seal was OK.

I can easily do a stop in any country, if that would solve any problems, the lawyer recommended Hong Kong. 

Edited by EbhB
Clarity

I see... I guess the same would go for Penang?

What are the chances of getting a voided visa or some other stamps if I apply in Oslo and then get turned down?

Getting a new passport now would really slow everything down... So that is my main concern, does not matter too much if I need to do some strange travelling ????

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am sure they would not do any stamps in Oslo. The would only refuse to accept your application.

Thats the same that the visa handlers I use here say, so I guess that does it - could have it all filed on Monday ????

I cannot get quite rid of the idea of "boosting" an invitation a bit, perhaps pointing to agreement/contract of work cited in the invitation letter?

As soon as I apply for the work permit we will fork out the needed sum from the company in Norway, essentially funding the Thai company for the next months, this is something I could document - but is that a good idea?

In Penang (for non B single entry 90 day visa) you would need - co docs, employment contract, invitation letter, WP3 (TT3). That would be enough. Many clients have gone and returned with zero problems. As for other consulates they differ slightly but this 'should' be sufficient.

• Like 1

The embassy has confirmed that I will receive a 90 day single entry business visa on the 4th of October.

Spent some time on the wording and content, and the lawyer I have really knows how to get things through, think these things might have made a difference.

The processing time is longer than normal, I do wonder how much goes into this intranet they've got... Some kind of background check and annotation from the embassy perhaps?

Or maybe just new workers? Hope so!

• 2 weeks later...

It all worked out! ????

When picking up the passport I discussed the letter and its wording with the visa guy, and he agreed that its form and wording quite likely could have tilted the decision the right way...

One of the concluding sentences contained a phrase saying the company "invites me after careful consideration", and we also got my minority partner who'll remain here in Norway to sign the letter - signing myself as the lawyer initially suggested would not have been a good option!

Next is work permit & an extension, hard work & building the business ????