Law firm to set up a company and assist for a work permit

Under 50k would not really be possible, I think...

Somewhere a bit higher might be doable, but then billed work and turnover will what decides if the work permit is issued, and for how long.

I'm currently in the process of doing this myself, might be able to give some hints on PM ????

Yes with some patience you can do it yourself. Both items:

- Registering the company

- Applying for the WP are

both very mechanical, in fact very simple documents, there is no negotiation needed at all and don't believe that a lawyer has to submit the documents or has to be present. Total bullshxx.

50,000Baht just in Lawyers fees is a total rip off. In reality many Thai accounting firms can do all of the above and have done it many times and totally absolutely legal. Sunbelt Asia might be worth contacting.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2019 at 10:31 PM, scorecard said:

50,000Baht just in Lawyers fees is a total rip off. In reality many Thai accounting firms can do all of the above and have done it many times and totally absolutely legal. Sunbelt Asia might be worth contacting.

IF speaking thai, having a LOT of time on hand, and enjoying the traffic in Bangkok, then of course that comes out true...

On the other hand, if already running a few businesses, wanting to save a LOT of time, and also get the right advice along the line, then the right kind of lawyer is definitely the right thing.

50k or even double is peanuts when setting up, compared to aggregate costs, risks and time passed. Yeah, it might be mechanical, but also having hands-on experience with the (always changing) mechanics of the thai bureaucracy is something that is not realistically aquired when doing all of this alone.

This hands-on touch is basically what I pay for, its actually part of the package that they do the parts that require direct contact - especially in the case of setting up workers & dealing with any inspections and so on...

I'm actually the total opposite when it comes to almost all other fields, from hacking my own body & health to changing gearboxes in cars or setting up servers & web-apps - but for this process I would not even contemplate doing it all alone...

IF stubbornly insisting on doing it alone, then maybe having one or several thais to assist would be the way - why not find a law or business student to pay per hour to read & explain documents?

Archived