Thailand to experience sharp drop in temperature next week

rooster59

Thailand to experience sharp drop in temperature next week

By The Nation

800_d1653998e8d14b1.jpeg

Thailand will see temperatures plunging by three to five degrees next week on the back of heavy rain in many parts of the country over the weekend, the Meteorological Department announced.

In its special warning issued at 5am Saturday, the department said there would be thundershowers, gusty winds and heavy rain in upper Thailand Saturday and Sunday.

The department attributed the weather condition to a monsoon trough sitting over the lower North, the upper Central and the lower Northeast and a low pressure system over the South China Sea while a moderate high-pressure system from China hung over upper Vietnam and Laos.

The department said the sharp fall of temperature from Monday to Thursday would be caused by a moderate high-pressure system from China.

It said the fall in temperature would start in the Northeast and spread to the rest of the country. 

The affected areas are as follows:

Saturday, September 21: heavy to very heavy rain, wind and strong gusts 

North: Mae Hong Son, Chiang Mai, Lamphun, Lampang, Phitsanulok, Phichit, Uttaradit, Tak, Sukhothai, Kamphaeng Phet and Phetchabun.

Northeast: Chaiyaphum, Khon Kaen, Maha Sarakham, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buri Ram, Surin, Si Sa Ket, Roi Et, Yasothon, Mukdahan, Amnat Charoen and Ubon Ratchathani.

Central: Ratchaburi, Kanchanaburi, Samut Songkhram, Samut Sakhon, Nakhon Pathom, Suphan Buri, Uthai Thani, Chai Nat, Nakhon Sawan, Ang Thong, Sing Buri, Lop Buri, Saraburi and Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya including Bangkok and its vicinity.

East: Nakhon Nayok, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Chachoengsao, Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat.

South: Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan and Chumphon.

Sunday, September 22: heavy to very heavy rain, wind and strong gusts 

Northeast: Nakhon Ratchasima, Buri Ram, Surin, Si Sa Ket and Ubon Ratchathani.

Central: Ratchaburi, Kanchanaburi, Samut Songkhram, Samut Sakhon, Nakhon Pathom, Suphan Buri, Uthai Thani, Chai Nat, Ang Thong, Sing Buri, and Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya including Bangkok and its vicinity.

East: Nakhon Nayok, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Chachoengsao, Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat.

South: Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon and Ranong.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30376523

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-09-22

42 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

I always get concerned when there is a temperature drop, my 8-baht unit landlord will find another way to extort the money

Yea, the law passed last year makes it unlawful for landlords to charge more than the electric company rate of 4.5 baht per unit ... I wonder if any comply?

well the Thai Met Department have been almost 100% wrong on every prediction that they have made in the last 12 months, so I will take this latest one with the usual 'pinch of salt'. As my old flying boss used to say, Meteorologists are in the only profession where you can spend your whole career being wrong and still get promoted. 

19 minutes ago, Beggar said:

If you don't want to spend money for the real thing there are other options to keep you warm at night. Simply fill in hot water and enjoy a warm night for reasonable money. 

no problem.jpg

reminds me of my first wife, warm, buxom and sloshed

3 hours ago, daoyai said:

Yea, the law passed last year makes it unlawful for landlords to charge more than the electric company rate of 4.5 baht per unit ... I wonder if any comply?

So they simply put up the rent to cover the drop in revenue.

Angrit-language media here love to use words like "plunge" and "plummet" and "crisis" to describe any kind of cool snap (with temps considered as picnic-friendly in many farang countries). O M G ! ! ! prepare to wear a shirt with sleeves and maybe even socks at night ! ! !  ????

9 hours ago, daoyai said:

My landlord gave me the bill every months and I went to pay it. He never overcharged. Not even before the law came into force. 

Archived