For ‘pretties’, wages high, but also risk

rooster59

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You think prostitutes will all have sex with anyone that asks?

From my observations, even bar girls pick and choose their customers.

In the Thai soapy massage places, most of the girls won't accept non Asian customers.

As for the motor shows, I never considered spending that much money.

It all depends on the offer!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

All this article is coming from is the recent story of a pretty in the Thai news who was drugged.

Absolutely right. Most of those "Pretties" walking around work a simple job during the day and then Freelance at night. They want the money to buy high end products and post on FB so their friends will envy them. They never say what they did to get it all. 

Its how it all works here. 

1 hour ago, MadMuhammad said:

In my experience GHB is a depressant, very much not a stimulant. 

When it was still legal in UK, I bought a Kg of it (for own use I hasten to add).  I found it would provide wonderful deep sleep and would wake feeling awesome.  I can't remember exactly now, but it was something to do with blocking MonoAmineOxidase, and so later when it wore off you had this flood of MAO and felt absolutely awesome and well rested, even with just 4-5 hours sleep.

The very real danger though was that it makes your breathing shallow, as if sometimes you 'forget' to breath, then suddenly you bolt upright in bed in a panic and take some deep breaths until you realise everything is okay.  The other thing is, it makes for walking around like a minging drunk when you're 100% sober of alcohol.

I never noticed any stimulant or sexual effects.  I'm sorry that it's no longer available, but it's probably for the best considering the misadventure potential.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

In the Thai soapy massage places, most of the girls won't accept non Asian customers.

"won't accept non Asian....."

No farangs, that couldn't be correct, is it? 

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Does anyone really believe 'pretties' aren't all prostitutes?

Yes - because not all are! There is a wide area known as "pretties". A very big difference between the private party scene and the brand ambassadors types. I know one brand ambassador who has a contract with a prominent Japanese vehicle manufacturer. They put shows on at Motor shows, here and abroad sometimes. They earn a very good salary (circa 50k ThB a month) and attend publicity events as well as shows. Their code of behavior, appearance and dress code are strictly regulated. The lady I know is in her final year at university and comes from a good and well connected family who make sure no one takes advantage. They must look right, be able to dance and learn the show numbers and talk intelligently to customers when required. There is a lot of competition for these ambassador roles and the parents have often started their children young in fashion shows, at dancing, modelling , acting, music lessons etc. There are a lot of "Super Star Academies and tutors about for this and they ain't cheap. Many also, and not always wisely, make their children have plastic surgery - nose, eyes, chins etc. And of course plenty of whitening cream, diets and exercise. It's a big industry!

Going downwards, you see more tarty type pretties at exhibitions and stands for much smaller companies. Now some of these may be looking to boost their earnings, but many may not.

Finally you have the private parties, mainly Thai. Serving at a party involving men, alcohol, etc, where the intention is to party and the risks for the girls increase whether they want to boost their earnings or not. Dangerous business. 

As with many things around the world, someones financial status and the need to earn is often the big moderator. But don't make the assumption that all are the same. They are most certainly not.

16 minutes ago, wombat said:

what woman isn't ?

Your wife / girl friend, maybe? 

If you like I could introduce you to my wife and you can put the question to her, the after effects you suffer may not be life-threatening, but you might wish they were ????

Do not kid yourself these girls exist in every country.

Businesses have used this to lure a customer since time began.

For the girl that is smart and realizes that it is a temporary profession and a means to an end it is great.

To those that get sucked into the lifestyle it is a drug.

Smart pretties - going to university during the day not giving into the times when sex will be demanded.  they act and dress professional and only take jobs that might give them connections when they grad.  

Those that get sucked in  = just as beautiful as the smart  sometimes more so.  Used their beauty through school never worried about university or graduating because they are beautiful.  No out plan and no realization that just like prostitution the older you get the less you are wanted or the more you have to do.

In Canada back in the 80's it was not uncommon to find strippers in clubs that were Law or Business university students.  It paid for their education and gave them pocket money and as well they could set their own hours.  

On their CV they just stated that they were university students

In the West they are called "Models". In Thailand they are called "Pretties" (mainly because most of them are very pretty).

In either case, there is little doubt that, for the right price, a lot of them (maybe even most, but probably not all) are "available".

Just ask a certain President's wife, who used to "model" and the "agency" she worked for would supply attractive women to socialize with the rich and elite at ritzy parties (where she actually met her current husband who was at such a party - with his wife).
(But not to worry - "His Girl Is Different" !)

It's like an old joke my dad told me.

Guy sees a gorgeous woman at a ritzy party and approaches her.
Guys says to the woman "Would you sleep with me for $100,000 ?"
Woman says "For sure, let's go."
Guy says "Just a second, will you sleep with me for $100 ?"
Woman gets angry and retorts "Not a chance in hell ! What kind of woman do you think I am ?"
The guys smiles and says "We've already established that. Now we are just negotiating price."

6 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Yes - because not all are! There is a wide area known as "pretties". A very big difference between the private party scene and the brand ambassadors types. I know one brand ambassador who has a contract with a prominent Japanese vehicle manufacturer. They put shows on at Motor shows, here and abroad sometimes. They earn a very good salary (circa 50k ThB a month) and attend publicity events as well as shows. Their code of behavior, appearance and dress code are strictly regulated. The lady I know is in her final year at university and comes from a good and well connected family who make sure no one takes advantage. They must look right, be able to dance and learn the show numbers and talk intelligently to customers when required. There is a lot of competition for these ambassador roles and the parents have often started their children young in fashion shows, at dancing, modelling , acting, music lessons etc. There are a lot of "Super Star Academies and tutors about for this and they ain't cheap. Many also, and not always wisely, make their children have plastic surgery - nose, eyes, chins etc. And of course plenty of whitening cream, diets and exercise. It's a big industry!

Going downwards, you see more tarty type pretties at exhibitions and stands for much smaller companies. Now some of these may be looking to boost their earnings, but many may not.

Finally you have the private parties, mainly Thai. Serving at a party involving men, alcohol, etc, where the intention is to party and the risks for the girls increase whether they want to boost their earnings or not. Dangerous business. 

As with many things around the world, someones financial status and the need to earn is often the big moderator. But don't make the assumption that all are the same. They are most certainly not.

the realty is , which ever level you are at or aiming for,

all you have to be is not unattractive and not 300 pounds, and you can get an income higher than a college degree respectful,

yes, you should know how to dance, and be cheerful and able to have a conversation

but at the end of the day, its not that hard to do,

so yeah with the payoff there is risk, and looks will fade,

doesnt matter which country you are in

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I wonder why they keep printing untruths about GHB. I have made and used it in the part. It tastes real salty and bad. You cannot hide it in a drink you know it when you drink it. You don't get super horny from it and if you use to much it knocks you out. Not fun stuff at all.  (only used it on myself as a substitute for alcohol)

Yep, my mates used to make it. 

It's a vile taste and you normally take it in caps from a water bottle.

As you say you can't disguise it in a drink without noticing

A little bit too much and you KO, as I've seen plenty do in the past!

If you measure it properly it can be a decent buzz

9 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

In the West they are called "Models". In Thailand they are called "Pretties" (mainly because most of them are very pretty).

Guy sees a gorgeous woman at a ritzy party and approaches her.
Guys says to the woman "Would you sleep with me for $100,000 ?"
Woman says "For sure, let's go."
Guy says "Just a second, will you sleep with me for $100 ?"
Woman gets angry and retorts "Not a chance in hell ! What kind of woman do you think I am ?"
The guys smiles and says "We've already established that. Now we are just negotiating price."

its both funny and scary how some women , can say this sort of stuff with a straight face without any hesitation

By your definition all women are prostitutes.

1 Yes.....2 No....3 Don't think so.... 4 Never been, can't comment....

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Does anyone really believe 'pretties' aren't all prostitutes?

If (hypothetically) 100% of them are, what is your point?  I would hope you are not suggesting that because they are prostitutes that they don’t deserve the same human decency and protections that everyone else gets. 

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Are these 5 types official definitions? Including NV?

Yes they have been developed in cooperation and published by the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security, and the Ministry of Commerce.

1 minute ago, chilli42 said:

If (hypothetically) 100% of them are, what is your point?  I would hope you are not suggesting that because they are prostitutes that they don’t deserve the same human decency and protections that everyone else gets. 

The guy carting her unconscious body around was just a customer that got caught up in her accidental death.

I learned very early on in Thailand to leave the ones that look like they're about to pass out in the bar/party venue.

IMHO he's not guilty of anything apart from being stupid, which luckily isn't a crime in Thailand.

I think she died because she knowingly took an iffy recreational drug (impure/too strong/cut with poison/bad reaction).

It looks like the Thai police believe the same.

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

Sorry but it's not true

the massage parlors are one of the only place where everybody is welcome

in Pattaya is the reason you can see a lot of indians indians agglutinated in front of them

there are some girls that are allowed to set boundaries,  but not that many.   Though all different "types" might be offered service, i would suspect that the bathing time for some exceeds the time of the other service.

Archived