Really weird one

sungod

For sometime I have had an android box hooked up to the TV connected up through an HDMI port. I also have a home theater system which I mainly use for enhanced audio through an HDMI also. Its been working well for years.

Recently I switched to AIS and they threw a play-box into the deal. What happens now is that there is no audio on the home theater when using my android box at all unless I turn the play-box on as well even though I am not watching it.

I've tried plugging all devices into different HDMI ports, but the problem persists. Anyone else having this or knows of a fix?

Thanks,

Nowadays there are different HDMI ports on TVs, and variable settings. A standard HDMI is receiving A/V form a source, HDMI ARC (audio return channel) can be used to also send to a device. HDMI CEC allows control of other HDMI devices from one device etc.

google HDMI ARC, HDMI CEC etc to learn the differences and applications. 

It should just be a case of playing around with ARC, CEC settings to nominate what video/audio goes to/from which device. Which device controls other devices, Audio button on TV remote may switch audio output etc

(some television brands may have there own proprietary name for ARC/CEC)

https://jtechdigital.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002862853-ARC-Audio-Return-Channel-CEC-Consumer-Electronic-Control-

Archived