TM30 - proper how-to scenario ?

hi there

new to this subject and just registered and reported my first TM30 last week.  I am fine with it as long as the app works.

BUT, practical way of reporting the TM30, I doubt !  I am living in Bangkhen / Bangkok, visit my in-law family every other weeks, in Lam Lukka ( 30 min north outside Bangkok ); I teach 1 or 2 days a week in Nonthaburi ( 30 min west outside Bangkok ); and travel outside the country couple of time a year.

what should be the proper way of reporting TM 30 ?  every trip out, or every week ?

thank and cheers

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dick Z said:

I just flood them with data, can never be wrong.

thanks, with such unfamiliar policy and confusing implementation, I would do that as well !

last point to be clarified : if I stay overnight with my in-law family at Lam Lukka - no need to report; if I go even Hua Hin and come back same night, no need ?  for any other overnight lodging, YES !

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can travel to wherever you want to and not do a report unless you stay someplace that reports you.

I am hoping that having Da register at the in-country hotels will avoid my needing to report that I have returned home to the same address already on file.

I just used the app today for the first time. It was easy and quick, except that the passport scan would not accept the picture,  so had to enter everything by hand. The system seemed to recognise me and knew my status (retirement).

Interestingly my trip out of the country and back was as aircrew - no stamp out or in, and retained the same tm6, no issues. An overnight stay in Hat Yak was required, registered with my pink card not my passport. So, I don't know whether it was really necessary to do this, but better safe than sorry.

Meanwhile my wife has been staying with Thai friends in Chiang Mai and Chianti Rai, not notified, so again not sure if necessary. Jomtien Immigration has said not, but again better safe than sorry! 

On 9/22/2019 at 10:04 AM, ubonjoe said:

A lot depends upon the office you are reporting to.

For trips within the country if the office wants one the only time you have worry about the report is if you stay in a hotel or etc that reports your stay to immigration.

Many offices want a new report after returning from a trip out of the country within 24 hours of your arrival at your residence.

Ubonjoe...re to your  last paragraph,  what's the purpose of the TM28 if one has to submit a TM30 on return to your own residence ?

Still slightly baffled !

On 9/22/2019 at 12:58 PM, ETatBKK said:

thanks, with such unfamiliar policy and confusing implementation, I would do that as well !

last point to be clarified : if I stay overnight with my in-law family at Lam Lukka - no need to report; if I go even Hua Hin and come back same night, no need ?  for any other overnight lodging, YES !

ahhh , I get tired f this topic and its so simple...  think database!!!!!!  no need to do anything unless someone reports you staying else where..... SIMPLE as that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and even then its not illegal to take a few days to get to your next sleep....  what if u dont sleep anywhere???????????????????????

go walkabout for 3 days.....................   sleep on a longtail.. what ever..... in a tree...... ONLY if some place reports you them u need register when u arrive and stay at another REPORTING place which is also gray.................................

1 hour ago, orchidfan said:

Ubonjoe...re to your  last paragraph,  what's the purpose of the TM28 if one has to submit a TM30 on return to your own residence ?

Immigration considers the TM30 equal to a TM28 for reporting your return to your residence.

They only want a TM28 if you change your registered address.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 11:16 AM, Dick Z said:

With the online application it just takes a few minutes. I would re-register every time you know you have been registered by another person (hotel, guesthouse etc.). If you spend a night with a family elsewhere or in the park I wouldn't bother. I just flood them with data, can never be wrong.

You have no way of knowing if a hotel registered you with immigration or not.  I guess you would have to ask. It will start to look pretty silly when all these people are reporting online and immigration has no idea why since the hotel never reported you.

Your very frequent movements make this TM30 thing a pain for you that's for sure, and proves once again what a crock TM30 is lol lol ????  

Hopefully soon the TM30 fiasco will be brought into the 20th century by the Great Powers that be. Looks like a substantial possibility. See, TV dudes and dudettes; like JC says there's always an option and clouds have silver linings if I think and see the world this way ????

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration considers the TM30 equal to a TM28 for reporting your return to your residence.

They only want a TM28 if you change your registered address.

Ok   understood.  so if I go to KL next weekend for a few days i should still do a TM30 showing my return of "temporary residence" on return to my "permanent residence".

On 9/23/2019 at 8:42 AM, dsj said:

I would like to know, after you return to your residence, it lists your check-in date and checkout date, what do you enter if you don't know your checkout date, do you leave blank or put any date in. Thanks

I read it somewhere, in the case we don't know the possible 'checkout' date, then enter the end date of the VISA extension ( the last date allowed to stay ).  then, while we come back from a trip ( domestic or international ), we fill in the new 'check in' date, and the same 'last date allowed to stay'.

if anyone have this experience or information, please share !

cheers