How Many People are Happy Here? Post your Good Things.

Nyezhov

Reading all the angst, self loathing and hatred of Thai folks and Thai culture in another topic, I was wondering:

How many of ya'll are happy here? Are some of you miserable because you feel you are stuck here and cant leave for financial or other reasons? Are you unhappy with Thailand because of a bad romance? Are you unhappy just because you are unhappy?

Well regardless, how about a ray of sunshine then. How about posting stuff about thailand that makes you happy or helps you enjoy life. What cool thing happened to you that makes you smile and say, damn, Im having a great time. What are you doing thats fun?

Last night I an abfab time. I had a real tasty Bahn Mi from "Bun Me to Go" over at the "Dubya District", Pork Belly, perfectly spiced. Then I set up my Essential Oil Ultrasonic Vaporizer that I bought in MBK cheaper than I could buy in Amazon. Got me some Orchid Oil so now my crib smells like the Orchid farm instead of dirty socks and stale weed. Then I rolled in a cab to Asoke with a totally cool young punk style cab driver from Roi Et who spoke English, 80B with tip. Then I went from Bar to Bar to see what was going on, saw my staff bud in the Thermae, had a fab cup of Cha Manao from a street vendor, watched some Arabs buy grapes at 500/kilo ( i buy them off the truck at 50) went to jump on the train at like 11:45 and the gate was closed early after I walked up the stairs, but rather than start a bitch topic here, I walked down the stairs and played cab hail. The first 4 tried the 200 baht game (its beween 60 and 100 depending on traffic, 109 on grab), I smile and say Mae khap, kahp khun kap, yob tvayu mat (they rarely understand Russian and have no idea as I am smiling anyway), then one guy agreed to the meter and off we went. The PoPo were out in force in their checkpoints on Suk near Thong Lo, as the cabbie said "Look Mow, money money" and we both laughed as the cops got themselves a late model Mercedes with a Red Plate, "Hi So, big money police". Then he dropped me off at Dubya and I gave him 100 on a 78 baht fare, I told him he was Jai dee for meter, so keep. He was soooo happy. Imagaine. for like 80 US cents I made a dude smile. And maybe taught him to alwys use the meter if a falang asks. Then I snagged some fab Kao Moo as well as some of those sweet breads with green slime inside and another with what looks like baby poo in tomato sauce on the outside, plus a chocolate donut (I like the thai style ones because they arent too sweet), smoked a bowl, pounded down the Kao Moo and the donut, watched part of Dunkirk while reading Fox News, then off to bed.

What a great night! Now I am doing laundry and babbling here. Then Im gonna go buy some veggies and read a book, by the pool if it doesnt rain.

Life is grand in Thailand!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a comfortable secure safe roof over my head

Access to and availability of good quality food

Quality clothes on my back

Clean water supply

Comfortable reliable transport

Good physical health

Good mental health

No stressors

Funds to meet my needs and wants

Supportive honest people around me

Contributing to society

Try to make each day worthwhile and do no harm

Probably more content than "happy" as such, and consider my self well off emotionally in comparison to so many others

Finally relented, clicked on Dunkirk last night.   About 30 minutes later, loaded another bowl of muddy homegrown, and watched Pineapple Express and Sicaros instead.

Imported snacks were good. Thank you Thailand for Tops and Gourmet Market.

I'm here for work, but having Thailand as my base makes me happy.

A good Thai partner is the key.  She picks me up from the airport at any time of day or night, greeting me with a cute 'wai' and an iced Thai Tea. 

Each evening when I get home from work - a wonderful smile, a cold, fresh fruit smoothie and she changes the TV to the foreign news channel before starting to prepare dinner.

Then she tells me the progress she's made on the house we're building by the sea.  Cynics may joke about her secret plans to poison my smoothie and move her 'brother' into our house - but after 10 years together I think I can feel reasonably secure.  

2019_0824_17500100_20190922021351981.thumb.jpg.84dd325796bfeac3de68e5d06c59e130.jpg

5 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

I live in Hua Hin and one day when I move to Thailand I hope to do the same.

Uncle, come Bangkok when come Thai OK?

3 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Thank you Thailand for Tops and Gourmet Market.

Holey Toledo Batman, I got a wedge of stilton and some crackers!

I think Ill go to the Paradiso to watch Man U tonight, they make a killer Boiled Pork Salad.

1 minute ago, Kinnock said:

but after 10 years together I think I can feel reasonably secure.

shes probably got 75% of every baht you ever gave her on the stash. And everything spent accounted for to the baht.

If i avoid the majority of foreigners aka moaners , mongers, drunks, scammers, criminals , tourist slums, and typical foreigners who have the common sense of a brick i am just fine in Thailand. No idea what the OP is talking about. Better learn to speak Thai and understand what the green goo is.

OK today up to midday , Cappucino outside new coffee shop lady nice noms and nice smile . Big smile on getting gasahol in Forza. Then to little place where the lady asked for Poppy , she is a grand daughter that was here a month ago.   No ladies , mine is in Nan but a bunch of friendly ones along the way.

So...up here in the styx , smiles from all today , cost for coffee and food 2 quid.  The Thai smile does it for me every time, love the place.

11 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

shes probably got 75% of every baht you ever gave her on the stash. And everything spent accounted for to the baht.

Funny.  But no.  She's spends most of what I give her on food and household supplies.  She has her own business, and she saves that income (and gives some to her family), and she has access to our joint account. 

Others on TV will know what I mean - we're a partnership.  

Good inexpensive for me golf

Plenty of young sexy girls

inexpensive rent

Inexpensive intra country or neighboring country flights.

Decent infrastructure

Plenty of young sexy girls who I can <deleted>.

Could care less about cop stops, immigration or exchange rates none of it bothers me whatsoever.

Only go around once be positive and enjoy it. Sorry, no brown colored glasses for me.

thanks

And thanks to Thailand for having a place like this that a retired male can enjoy. ????

36 minutes ago, sidjameson said:

OP whats your monthly cost of living?

I imagine those who love thailand are those who can afford it.

Oh Im sure I will average out to 50K a month. Dont really need more than that unless I start buying nore camera equipment and Uzbek girls.

Many times in the evening when I stay on the balcony and look over the Chao Phraya River and look the Wat Arun or King Palace or look the colors of the cars moving over the Taksin Bridge I feel happy to have a nice living. Same sometimes in the morning (OK, not right now with the raining Season) when the Sun shines into the sleeping room.

So I see it as very positive to be here and have a good life. Enjoy the good view in my eyes. Yes there are some parts which I not like but the good parts still overweights the bad.

Oh...thats interesting.

I like your posts. I think you ate having a better experience of Thailand ghan most going by these boards. And at a reasonable cost.

How much do you pay for rent?

How often can you afford to go ot like the night you describe?

Actually i quick breakdown of budget would illuminate for myself and others i believe.????

5 minutes ago, HampiK said:

Many times in the evening when I stay on the balcony and look over the Chao Phraya River and look the Wat Arun or King Palace or look the colors of the cars moving over the Taksin Bridge I feel happy to have a nice living. Same sometimes in the morning (OK, not right now with the raining Season) when the Sun shines into the sleeping room.

So I see it as very positive to be here and have a good life. Enjoy the good view in my eyes. Yes there are some parts which I not like but the good parts still overweights the bad.

Ach dude you are on the River, Im jealous ????

5 minutes ago, sidjameson said:

Oh...thats interesting.

I like your posts. I think you ate having a better experience of Thailand ghan most going by these boards. And at a reasonable cost.

How much do you pay for rent?

How often can you afford to go ot like the night you describe?

Actually i quick breakdown of budget would illuminate for myself and others i believe.????

I am paying 18K plus elec/water at real rates.

My internet is paid in full till February, 1500B

My cell phone is paid till Feb, 1800B.

so I have a nut of say 19K a month. All the rest is food, transport, fun.

Archived