BANGKOK
jesimps

Jomtien Immigration - House visit

Yes, there isn't much to it, not the drama people make it out to be.

Surprised they took a week to come out though, for me it's always been later the same day as lodging. 

The witness or wife being home could be a drama for some people, in the middle of the day, as wife/neighbors could be at work etc

• Like 2

i had my jomtien immi home visit after 5 yrs this august but i was given the appointment date already upon extension application day.

wbr

roobaa01

I've just noticed that I repeated the word "morning" in the second sentence of my "New topic". Very careless of me. Is it possible for me to go in and edit the original, or do I have to always send a post like this correcting it?

1 minute ago, jesimps said:

I've just noticed that I repeated the word "morning" in the second sentence of my "New topic". Very careless of me. Is it possible for me to go in and edit the original, or do I have to always send a post like this correcting it?

There is a limited time-frame in which you can edit your own posts. Beyond that only a moderator can do it. 

18 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

The pain is inflicted by having police show up at your home asking personal questions and taking pictures...

You might have evened the score by taking a selfie pointing to the police while they conducted their interrogation...😳

Compliance with any law, formality or procedure is voluntary. The consequences for non-obeyance can be painful and interrogating to be sure. I prefer compliance.

• Like 1

Nowt wrong with Jomtien IO....always found them professional and very well organised especially considering the amount of people/idiots that use that office. Marriage extensions are not done in house so having to visit your home is probably out of their hands. As seen, a few minutes of yours and their time and done

• Like 2

I’ve had them 2 years running now,done in 15 minutes. Last guy we had was a bit rude though my Thai neighbour felt like she was being interrogated. Don’t think there’s any need for that like bit of a “jobsworth” in my opinion.

We had our first annual extension last month. I was expecting a visit, nothing. So a week out from the end of the one month extension got the wife to call to see why there had not been a visit...maybe you have overlooked us. Told they only randomly select for subsequent visits and to come in on the extension end date for the one year extension. Did so, and no issues.

Then last week as we were leaving the IO after doing the 90 day report one of the head officers approaches us to say they came out for a surprise visit and couldn't find our house. Despite the accurate hand-drawn map, despite the name and location of our village shown, despite the GPS coordinates also on it, despite them having my and the wife's mobile numbers, despite it being a prominent house on a well used road. Beggars belief.

BTW, my IO have never muttered a word about the TM30 this year when we have two 90 day report and the two visit annual marriage extension interactions.

22 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes, there isn't much to it, not the drama people make it out to be.

Surprised they took a week to come out though, for me it's always been later the same day as lodging. 

The witness or wife being home could be a drama for some people, in the middle of the day, as wife/neighbors could be at work etc

The only problem for us would be a ”witness” Da and Daughter are from Bangkok. I would need to beat the bushes to find someone to inconvenience. Currently still on Extension of Stay for retirement but in the future I might have to deal with this. ’Course by that time who knows what will be the requirements so not to worry....

Edited by wwest5829

22 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

The pain is inflicted by having police show up at your home asking personal questions and taking pictures...

Indeed, think gossiping neighbors. I'd probably be the talk of the town (guess I'm already 555).

• Haha 1