Apartments with broadband internet

cven

I've moved from Chiang Mai to Bangkok and need to find an apartment that has or will permit the installation of fast broadband internet. My job is near Khaosan, I have a motorcycle and I think it would be ok to have a 20-30 minute commute, probably unreasonable to expect anything less in Bangkok.

None of the places I've checked that had rooms available have broadband, most only have WiFi and none of those I've contacted were ok with installing it either, I had no problems getting this done in Chiang Mai, perhaps because of the number of digital nomads living there. All my searches so far have been on renthub.th.

I would like to find a place for 8k or less. Any help appreciated.

Stop being a cheap charlie! 8k or less? You're joking, right? A decent apartment in Central Bangkok costs upwards of 30,000 baht/month these days. Sounds like you don't have enough money to live in Thailand any more and my advice to you would be to go back to your home country.

15 hours ago, Thainess said:

Stop being a cheap charlie! 8k or less? You're joking, right? A decent apartment in Central Bangkok costs upwards of 30,000 baht/month these days. Sounds like you don't have enough money to live in Thailand any more and my advice to you would be to go back to your home country.

Luckily, he didn't ask for your advice; advice, that is, of the wrong variety.

Apartments are going to have scam electric and scam internet.  I live in a condo about 2km into nonthaburi on the river.. 100/50 internet and 40 channels for 640 per month.. very nice studios are 5000 with superb views.  There are numerous busses to KSR.. 32 and 64 among them.. Nonthaburi Immigration is way better than CW.  What kind of visa are you on?  

Archived