Pet Import permit

Hi all

hope you can help me 

I applied to Suvarnabhumi quarantine section and followed the application form/process from their website.
First application submitted on 9.9 got no response. The site says it would be sent within 7 working days,
Wife spoke on 19.9 and we were told we had to resubmit all paperwork And we should get permit by 2.10

Getting worried that it will not get answered again - are there any agents in BKK that can assist in getting the permit more smoothly - I am travelling from UK at end of October and cannot move date easily.

many thanks

Edited by Expat2014
Gramma error

You can do this several ways, but so long as you have the vet report , vaccination card and chip info from the UK, you can travel your pet to BKK without a permit.  When the animal arrives, you then go through the permit and clearance process. either at the terminal quarantine place, if the pet travels in the cabin with you, or in cargo area.  Be warned, it's a lengthy process and took us 4 hours to get our cat out of cargo and on the road home.  If you can and the pet is small, take it in the cabin with you. If you PM me, I can give more information. I did post in the pets section some 2 years ago on the nightmare we and the cat endured. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The problem is that many airlines will not allow the pet on the plane unless you already have the import permit. Check with the airline as to what they require.

If they will accept the pet without already having an import permit then yes, you can do it all on arrival - try to time arrival to be during regular government working hours.

If not -- there are agents but I don't personally know them. Maybe others can advise.

• Thanks 1

Thanks both - travelling with Thai Airways  - I want to get the permit first but had two goes already - checked that they received docs by telephone as per process - agreed all docs correct and assure me the permit will be sent but it isn't sent!!

need to look for plan B hence the agent to "assist" in obtaining the permit before time runs out.

thanks again for all input 

• 2 weeks later...

Update; received permit today after engaging with a pet exporter in Thailand to progress application - further info was required. It does appear that you can arrive without it just takes more time on arrival and there is a chance the airline will be awkward. Thanks everyone for input ????

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...