Self raising flour

james.d

I finally got some Atora suet from the UK as friends visited. However I cannot find self raising flour near me in Sai-Mai BKk.

I tried Foodland, big Tesco superstore, big C, Villa (smallish one on Ramintra) and local bakery supplier near my market...all to no avail.

Has anyone seen it downtown?

Sorry I do not want to start adding baking powder etc as l only have 1 box.

Desperate to make mince n dumplings.

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

Don't understand you NOT wanting to add a couple of teaspoons of baking powder to your plain flour. Much easier.

A "couple of teaspoons of baking powder" to plain flour  to make dumplings? I have only 1 packet as stated.

Do you NOT read requests?

Short fuse.....Typical symptom of someone suffering from acute suet dumpling withdrawal.

As I understand it, cake flour just has a higher protein content. It would still need baking powder to make it self raising.

I've never seen self raising flour over here. Just add some baking powder. Around 1 teaspoon to 1 cup of flour.

2 hours ago, jaiyenyen said:

Short fuse.....Typical symptom of someone suffering from acute suet dumpling withdrawal.

As I understand it, cake flour just has a higher protein content. It would still need baking powder to make it self raising.

I've never seen self raising flour over here. Just add some baking powder. Around 1 teaspoon to 1 cup of flour.

And if needed buy another packet / tin whatever of baking powder, available in many outlets and cheap. 

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

Self-raising flour, many brands local and imported available in many supermarkets across Thailand for decades at least.

In years of looking in Nakhon Sawan and Khampaeng Phet I have never found any in BigC, Makro, bakery suppliers etc.

1 hour ago, Riojasue said:

Baking powder is readily available even up here in Khon Kaen. I just was it to plain or all purpose flour when I can’t get self raising. Just bought a big tub of baking powder for 39 baht.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Plain flour and baking powder I have, but genuine self raising flour is a bit like hens teeth.

Archived